Thread: Empire Sniper

Empire Sniper

Hey Snation.

I have a few questions about the Sniper, I would love to know the mm of the pump guide rod, the mm of the bolt w/o orings, and the best broken in pressures for that "smooth" feeling.

I was wanting the diameter so I could drill out an existing pump handle that I love, to be able to be used on the sniper.

If anybody has any of these answers, or want to add onto them, please post.

Also somebody please tell me why it's so god awfully hard to get a hold of Simon...
    Last edited by Pump; 08-19-2012 at 09:17 PM.

That last one, I'm not 100% sure, but it may be intentionally tough to get hold of him. He's a busy guy, both at work and at home. Add traveling around for events, and he's a guy who's naturally hard to reach. Plus, I'd bet it cuts down on people sending him things saying "hey, what do you think of this idea?".

The biggest reason why it is hard to get hold of me is legal reasons. The risks of someone wanting to send me an idea in private that relates to something I am already working on is just too high.

The second is the number of e-mails and messages I was getting and how hard it was to respond to them all in a polite and adequate way. And I didn't want to be rude and just not reply to people. I was sometimes getting 50-100 technical e-mail questions or requests for sponsorship a day. Often for things that people could get answered just by a quick search of the forums.

That's kind of why I started this forum. This way when I answer questions on something technical the information is then out for everyone to see and use so hopefully people will search, and also there are a ton of knowledgeable people in this community that give just as good answers as I can.

As for your specific questions.

The pump guide rod is 0.5" in diameter.

The bolt diameter is 0.684"

To get the smoothest pumping action remove the pump return spring (and then the pump lever too) wind the adjuster on the hammer out as far as possible and set your velocity just with the reg (this won't be the most efficient or quietest setting obviously) and remove the front o-rings from the bolt (this will also reduce efficiency and increase the sound signature). The pressure will depend on your velocity. I really recommend leaving the front o-rings on the bolt. The only time you feel them is in the staging area. You won't notice them when you are playing that's for sure. Removing the pump return spring will make a big difference.

Thanks Simon. I appreciate that.

I'm going to be making a new bolt, and also drilling out a Favorite pump handle. Are the pump handle threads the same as say, CCM, Check it, Hooptie?

I'll find out soon enough. But just asking.

How do you mean pump handle threads? Not sure what the aftermarket guys do to be honest so it's tough to say if it is the same or different.

The cocking rods, if they where the same as other companies.
    It's not a big deal, I can just re-thread the other handle.

How did you get on? Would love to see the final set up of the gun.