Thread: Paging Simon, invert mini regulator disassembly question

Paging Simon, invert mini regulator disassembly question

How does one go about unscrewing the seat plunger from the piston in a 1st gen mini regulator. I'm wanting to use one in a project marker, I've been trying to take it completely apart to replace the blown piston o-rings but have been unable to unthread the piston from seat plunger, I've tried heating up the piston on a stove top and then trying to unscrew with a pin vise and punch, but have yet to succeed in pulling it apart (granted I don't have the best pin vise). Should I try a tinned soldering iron on the piston (dead center, to try and break down any loctite)?

Worst comes to worst, I'll drill the piston out (slightly off center with an end mill, to mill the plunger off) and order a replacement (already have an updated plunger and seat on the way).

Any help from anyone else is also appreciated.

PS: what thread size is the bleed valve?
    Last edited by timekeeper; 05-13-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Does this help ?

endeavor to persevere.......

Not really, he stopped disassembling at the piston/plunger array, says it's nigh impossible for the end user without a "special tool", which I'm wanting to find out what it is or if there's any other method to disassembling that last bit of regulator.

Believe me, I wouldn't be asking if there were a youtube video with the answer.
    Last edited by timekeeper; 06-03-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Anyone, for future reference? since I already milled out the piston and bought a replacement piston, plunger and seat.