Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GMech

Question GMech

What do you guys think about the GMech ?

I think it'd be good if the price point is lower than the Gog marker they were promoting for the mech tourney play.

Some of us will always remember what Smart Parts did to the world of paintball (and you too GI) with their lawsuits.

If players already have a go to mech (Automag, Autococker, etc) I dont think the GMech would be much of a draw, IMHO.

endeavor to persevere.......

You mean price point for the frame being less than the GOG? Marker vs marker it's absurd to want it priced the same as the GOG because they're really not in the same league.

PE could get close enough to the Enmey Pro price point to put a dent in their sales if they chose to.
    endeavor to persevere.......

Was wondering when a conversation about this would pop up here. I think this is absolutely amazing. With everything that has happened in the sport tech wise it was a wonder no one looked at modern high end mechanicals like this. Thanks Jack!
    Now if this is popular will we see a mechanical frame from Simon for the Axe?
    Mechanical is life, I am very glad to see all of the renewed interest in it.

I think it might have been Josh who first floated the idea publicly around these parts, but mech conversions become feasible with any marker that self-dwells. Should be interesting to see if anyone else pursues this!

I honestly have no idea how good or bad the axe would be as a mech. I mean, it would definitely work and would probably be difficult to short stoke. I think it'd probably be better if it had a fixed dump chamber volume with a shut off or something, but that could be fun.

The axe isn't dwell independent, without a fancy valve I don't think the bolt would return reliably.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

? The bolt is returned by a spring, I don't know how much more reliable it can be. The shot chamber cut-off was basically the compromise to deal with the dwell sensitivity.

Right but the rear of the bolt is fed by the solenoid, which means in a standard mech conversion it's fed until the trigger is released.

Edit: best case scenario you're dumping air down the barrel until you release the trigger. Don't know if you'd end up with some weird oscillation or not.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 05-14-2017 at 09:16 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon