Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy's Firemag Unibody

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Trigger function that's not tied to operating pressure
    A decent regulator
    Bolt access
    decent regulator? my mags have always been some of the most consistent over the chrony of any guns i've owned. my X valved emag was the champ, with a slight undebrore she's literally shoot +/- 2fps for 20 shot strings. demonstrated multiple times in punkworks testing. most consistency claims ("shoots +/-5 all day") are BS, but that gun delivered.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    decent regulator? my mags have always been some of the most consistent over the chrony of any guns i've owned. my X valved emag was the champ, with a slight undebrore she's literally shoot +/- 2fps for 20 shot strings. demonstrated multiple times in punkworks testing. most consistency claims ("shoots +/-5 all day") are BS, but that gun delivered.
    Okay, clarification: A regulator that doesn't have shoot up at higher ROF.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    Yes, you can tell a difference with N2 and HPA. But you only know that if you shot paint on Nitrogen vs HPA on a regular basis, and over 90 degree temperature range. Which you obviously haven't.

I will back Gordon up also. My mag was crazy consistent. I remember one day it shot 298 or 299 over the chrony on N2. The entire day. No matter who I loaned it to. We had some great paint, I had a 10" Dye barrel (original run) and dual air lines into the gun with the SS tubing Doc got from his brother on the old Paintball Mania tank. It was ball on ball with N2 shooting the old school RP paint.

(Do we have a moving goal posts emoji?)
    Last edited by pbjosh; 05-15-2017 at 03:42 PM.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    We had some great paint, I had a 10" Dye barrel (original run) and dual air lines into the gun with the SS tubing Doc got from his brother on the old Paintball Mania tank. It was ball on ball with N2 shooting the old school RP paint.
    How'd it do that day when you switched to HPA?
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

Insider
    I don't know. We had a 300# Nitrogen tank and SCUBA tanks because we didn't have a compressor. We ran them for years. You noticed the difference when you run them all the time.

But hey, you don't own a mag, nor had years running the two different gasses next to each other, and you have some thoughts, the internet and a keyboard. You must be right. I will just throw a couple decades of experience out the window. I mean, this was like, 96. I probably was wrong. Senile. Just ask Gordon. Get off my lawn. Kids these days...
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

It's true, I had a mag for a year and sold it. One of the few guns I disliked enough to sell, tbf.

I'll skip over the rest of that since you didn't actually make an argument, but sure.

Insider
    Nope. I just bring my experience over a couple decades to the table.

Since that is of no matter to you, there is no argument.
    Last edited by pbjosh; 05-15-2017 at 04:28 PM.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Nope. I just bring my experience over a couple decades to the table.

Since that is of no matter to you, there is no argument.
    Oh, I value experience. A lot of people on this forum have been an immense resource over the years.

I just don't value your experience.

Oh, I value experience. A lot of people on this forum have been an immense resource over the years.

I just don't value your experience.
    Haha.

Okay, clarification: A regulator that doesn't have shoot up at higher ROF.
    i mean i have other issues with automags, mostly outdated form an design issues, but the regulators are not a problem in those guns. easy to clean, extremely well performing.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.