Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy's Firemag Unibody

Insider
    Tfw you realize automag:autococker :: communism:capitalism

Insider
    I'm looking for an armson semi right now and have also had some fun with a desert fox.
    Those are both on my 'will buy' list.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Those are both on my 'will buy' list.
    Yeah, please let take a shot at the armson semi 1st. I've been looking a while. The other gun I've been trying to find for years is the assault 80. I have 2 nova 700s and a PGI FROG, but the war machine is a unicorn. Heh, just added a torque to the collection too. Need to give it some field time this weekend. If you don't have one, I really like the sovereign 3. It's my favorite autococker-type gun I think. I like it better than the blazer and most traditional autocockers. Would really like to give the mech shiva a try too... that looks pretty fricken fun especially with a decent valve for the trigger. I am building a mech rize maxxed right now with a PAVO-3 and a MSV-2. Easily walkable and has a prototype engine in it too. I am plumbing it like a ICSIS circuit with a check valve and am having recharge issues right now.

The input/output locations in the paint sketch aren't accurate, but the routing is pretty close. I think the check valve is the issue, so I am going to try to find a different one.

Insider
    I just saw an assault 80 a couple months ago... I will let you know if I see one.

Do you have a 3D printer? I can send you a mech trigger here soon. It is the cheat version, that just taps the valve section of the solenoid. Not walkable much, but still fun. It will run off of a MSV-2 also - the Mule is like that.

The PAVO, I haven't seen that. It is NO, then vents, right? MSV to PAVO and you can run the air sears? Hmm....

The Sov3 looked decent. I was going to work with Sterling on some upgrades with a former employee. When we made some suggestions he basically got fired for daring to. A Mil-Simish Inferno (MR2 style), an upgrade to the Sterling (Gas through grip with rear reg), and bringing the Sov back. Sad.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Insider
    I was thinking more about the introduction of HPA, the implementation and now widespread use of regulators in paintball, the unibody and/or sinvle tube design,
    I always considered the Mag to the be first Spooler also. It was the first one to show that a spoolie can work, and also to show it can at 400psi.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

I just saw an assault 80 a couple months ago... I will let you know if I see one.

Do you have a 3D printer? I can send you a mech trigger here soon. It is the cheat version, that just taps the valve section of the solenoid. Not walkable much, but still fun. It will run off of a MSV-2 also - the Mule is like that.

The PAVO, I haven't seen that. It is NO, then vents, right? MSV to PAVO and you can run the air sears? Hmm....

The Sov3 looked decent. I was going to work with Sterling on some upgrades with a former employee. When we made some suggestions he basically got fired for daring to. A Mil-Simish Inferno (MR2 style), an upgrade to the Sterling (Gas through grip with rear reg), and bringing the Sov back. Sad.
    I'd appreciate it greatly if you could help me acquire an assault 80!

I do have a 3d printer. I will probably leave the torque alone since it will probably be my new loaner gun... hopefully that'll raise awareness of the marker and get some into the wild locally. It's also fun to loan out obscure stuff. Last scenario I loaned out my luxe ICE.

Yes, it's NO and vents. The vent rate is really solid, but I'm still running a QEV on the bolt circuit. It works well on the air sears, but I am trying to make the check valve bit work. The recharge is abysmal. If I replumb it to just operate the bolt it is very quick. The issue is when I route the recharge air through it and the QEV. I need to find a different QEV to see if that's the problem. I suspect it is.

I liked the old infernos for their type. The company is pretty irrelevant and they seem to be ok with that, but the sovereign platform is enjoyable to me.

Insider
    I liked the old infernos for their type. The company is pretty irrelevant and they seem to be ok with that, but the sovereign platform is enjoyable to me.
    There was some bits about old money and something for him to do, but rumors at best. The Inferno is the Tippmann in the UK from what I have heard, most common rental? Good shooting gun for the price and I like mine. A simple robust stacked tube.

The issue is when I route the recharge air through it and the QEV. I need to find a different QEV to see if that's the problem. I suspect it is
    Didn't the Rize have an o-ring air cut off anyways at the rear? (googles, yep) You should be able to route straight air in. They have some small air lines there though, and one tapped line? Hmm...
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Didn't the Rize have an o-ring air cut off anyways at the rear? (googles, yep) You should be able to route straight air in. They have some small air lines there though, and one tapped line? Hmm...
    Doesn't have a stock core. All lines are tapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I was thinking more about the introduction of HPA, the implementation and now widespread use of regulators in paintball, the unibody and/or sinvle tube design, use of other material sources(i velieve the 1st to use and prove that Carbon Fiber is safe- the whole holding a car engine by the frame), mechanical anti-chop bolt and cause mags are fucking cool!
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Ever use an Air America reg? How about a Gen-X reg? Those were direct copies to the point that hou can put the bottom reg adjusters onto the back parts of the valve. The reg works, it is solid but it is ugly and unglamourous. This is more towards the classic valves, as ReTro/Emag/RTPro/Xvalves do not regulate the same as a classic. But not many regs can compete with the theoretical limits of an Xvalve, daned by Tom using Simon's ?ber-loader to feed an RT mag shooting in the 35bps range. Even then, classics can fall flat at about 15bps. Is it more that you can't change them to what you want?
    Yeah, I had an adjustable air America reg on a cocker around '05, I wasn't a huge fan. There are a few things that make the Mag regs good, but without going into too much theory the biggest advantage of the regulator isn't anything fundamental about the reg itself, but rather its location. Specifically that it "senses" directly on the chamber pressure. Most regulators regulate pressure then send the regulated air through a supply line to feed the firing chamber. That constriction means the regulator has to regulate the air, then the air has to 'relax' through the constriction, then the reg has to regulate a new slug of air, etc. etc.... The mag regulator just samples right off the chamber, so it doesn't have to deal with sensing on the bulk air. If you're familiar with electronics you can think of it as a capacitive effect.

At any rate, maybe my beef is just that the mag is out of date. What would you call the fundamental components that make a 'mag' a 'mag'? If someone were to do a refresh, what absolutely has to be there, and is there anything that can't be there?
    Last edited by PBSteve; 05-16-2017 at 12:09 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

I tend to agree with your general sentiment.

Funny enough, that direct sensing is what I meant by the rogue similarities.