Thread: Solidworks seat?

Solidworks seat?

So my company downsized, which means I am looking for work. But in the meantime, that means I lost my solidworks access.

Anyone on a corporate account with them that would be interested in selling or leasing me a seat? I hate not being able to draw things when inspiration hits

Aaargh. That sucks. Sorry to hear it.

We don't have any spare. We were just discussing today that we need to add another license to our floating license system.

Wish you the best of luck.

It isn't Solidworks - but Autodesk gives you a free copy of everything they make - including Inventor - if you are unemployed from a technical field. It's a part of their educational program.

Quote Originally Posted by Autodesk
    Can I access the Education Community website even if I am not a student?
    Maybe. To participate in the Autodesk Education Community, you must agree to and comply with the applicable Terms of Use and also satisfy the following eligibility requirements. You must be one of the following: (a) a faculty member; or (b) a student; or (c) an Autodesk Assistance Program participant.

An Autodesk Assistance Program participant is either a veteran or unemployed individual who has previously worked in the architecture, engineering, design or manufacturing industries, completed the online registration for the Autodesk Assistance Program, and upon request by Autodesk is able to provide proof of eligibility for that program."

http://students.autodesk.com/

When I had my hours cut drastically at my last job I signed up without issue. They say they have the right to follow up on the employment status, but from what I have read that almost never happens - it's probably reserved for the people who sign up and try to download every single piece of software they make.