Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my Predator - a few issues

Send us an email with your serial number and shipping address and we can get you an RMA# for that barrel. We can send the nylon set screw and spare springs with it too.

Doing that now, thanks.

I've had similar issues with my predator. Out of the box leak, not properly timed, couldn't get up to velocity. No spares. Sent it back for repair, and it comes back with the 3-way leaking, and still velocity issues. It's spent more time in usps' hands than it has mine. Guess it's just a wall hanger.

Quote Originally Posted by Buschtall View Post
    I've had similar issues with my predator. Out of the box leak, not properly timed, couldn't get up to velocity. No spares. Sent it back for repair, and it comes back with the 3-way leaking, and still velocity issues. It's spent more time in usps' hands than it has mine. Guess it's just a wall hanger.
    They are definitely not a wall hanger. Can you contact us at sales@inceptiondesigns.com with your serial number and information and we will make sure it's taken care of. We'll get you out playing with it as intended.

Give us as much information as you can about your experience please and the issues you had to help us get it resolved as quickly as possible.

Email sent.

Hello, I really dislike bumping old threads back to the top, but has this process of letting the dealers build these markers changed? I just ordered a Predator from ANS and now I am a bit concerned.

Any information would be great.
    Thank you,
    Ren

I am adding to this original post. I received the marker from ANS and it is 100 percent good to go, right out of the box good to go! Ran about 2 cases through it playing everything thing from rec ball to air ball. I only had one short stroke the whole time. Me on the trigger. Thank you Inception Designs!
    Last edited by Ren; 12-28-2020 at 11:33 AM.

I just received my Predator about 10 minutes ago, and unfortunately, I've encountered a few issues right out of the box. Since it's still early in the launch and they're in the process of assembling the guns, I think it's important to bring these issues to Simon's attention to prevent future build problems.

There was a significant leak when I first unboxed it. It turned out that the regulator swivel only had a bottom o-ring. I resolved this by adding an 018 o-ring to the top slot, and the issue was fixed.

I noticed a leak "down the barrel," which suggests a problem with the valve or cup seal. I haven't had a chance to disassemble it and troubleshoot yet.

The LPR (Low-Pressure Regulator) pressure is too low, and the timing seems slightly off. It's not a major problem for me since I'm familiar with 'cockers and can adjust it myself. However, it's clear that the gun wasn't thoroughly tested, especially considering the missing o-ring in the regulator.

Some of the hardware was not properly secured with Loctite. The aluminum beavertail and cocking rod bits are quite loose on their stainless rods and shifted with just a few dry fires.

Within 20-30 shots, the tip of the bolt blew off and got embedded in the microfiber I was using for dry firing. I understand that these guns require a bit of back pressure, but it seems like it wasn't assembled correctly. Could you recommend a suitable adhesive for this situation?

There is an anodization blemish on one of the green tips. I haven't investigated further, but there's debris in one of the porting holes, and the color didn't evenly penetrate the metal around it.

I don't mean to sound overly negative. I genuinely adore the gun, and the quality of the components and milling is outstanding. It brings back memories of the original Predator guns from when I was in high school. I'm still thrilled to have purchased one, but I think it's crucial that the builds receive the attention they deserve to avoid disappointing other buyers.

Edit: I plan to update later this evening with my findings on the valve/cup seal issue, as well as share some eye-catching photos in a separate thread tomorrow. However, I have a family birthday event to attend, so my availability may be limited.