Thread: Empire sniper

Empire sniper

So I picked up a empire sniper and added the inceptions hammer and guide rod made a good marker feel great...I run a 14" deadlywinds barrel but want to get it to quite down even more I'm at 200 psi shooting 277-282 fps at that pressure with about a half turn in from flush on back cap....what do I need next to get pressure down to get her to whisper my shots?

A stella barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    A stella barrel
    Got nothing against them but I just like my DW barrels......plus it was FREE.....so I wold like to spend cash towards other parts

Other than the ID valve and if the half block bolts are available, there really is not much more you can do, short of playing with springs and reg pressures. The stock reg is decent, but i am partial to Sidewinders myself. Changing the barrel is the last part of the sound signature. I do know that the preceived noise versus actual noise are 2 different things. I am sure that Simon has figures or numbers on the subject, but he is biased to the Stella.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjhogg View Post
    Got nothing against them but I just like my DW barrels......plus it was FREE.....so I wold like to spend cash towards other parts
    Hey, man, you ask a question, Nobody knows, and Nobody answers.

DW is an excellent barrel, but nowhere near as quiet as a Stella.

Quote Originally Posted by Menace View Post
    Hey, man, you ask a question, Nobody knows, and Nobody ansiwers.

DW is an excellent barrel, but nowhere near as quiet as a Stella.
    I know what your saying...maybe lol either it's an unanswerable question....or poster above (nobody) responded correctly..either way I am picking up what you are putting down...lol

Barrels are like socks, everyone likes different ones for different reasons. Can't fault you for using something for free, but if you are wanting the adsolute quietest, then you need to change the potential trumpet to see how it effects things.

I am a neophyte on actual figures but i believe that are some figures on noise ratings between 1 & 2 piece barrels, but i go with feel or my own preception, myself. Again, i will stress what you hear while firing the gun yourself & the noise signature from 10 feet away will be different, possibly much less. So do some testing yourself on that.

But still, play with the oressure settings, see about the HF valve from ID and have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Barrels are like socks, everyone likes different ones for different reasons. Can't fault you for using something for free, but if you are wanting the adsolute quietest, then you need to change the potential trumpet to see how it effects things.

I am a neophyte on actual figures but i believe that are some figures on noise ratings between 1 & 2 piece barrels, but i go with feel or my own preception, myself. Again, i will stress what you hear while firing the gun yourself & the noise signature from 10 feet away will be different, possibly much less. So do some testing yourself on that.

But still, play with the oressure settings, see about the HF valve from ID and have fun with it.
    Thanks for all the help...yeah I think the HF valve is the next part of the puzzle...more flow should =less needed pressure