Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Molded Rubber

Insider
    Oddly enough I ask manike this same question probably 10 years ago on AO.

I ended up doing a few hundred grips over the years. Here is a great place to get a start> http://www.smooth-on.com
    They use to have a bunch of how to video, but it’s been years since I was on their web site.

Insider
    http://www.smooth-on.com/howto.php

Steve, these guys sell a good product and have a lot of tech info on their site. The tech department is very helpful too; they can help you decide which product will work for what you want to do. I do however suggest you spend some time scouring their site and reviewing the different products and their characteristics before you let the questions fly, you will learn a ton, most the info is there or it was years ago when I started.

Wayne
    Everything except when you can tell that a silicone mold is on its way out. I sent them an email asking them to add that to their FAQ (since it covers shelf life, not tool life) but last I checked it wasn't there. I will be using their products for a project I am working on.

Wow, great info Luke. Been busy lately, but I'll go through that more thoroughly in a bit. Thanks!

Insider
    This ended being a double post, the original actually didn't show up until after I posted the second time, not sure why.

The anti-spam software screws new posters with only a few posts who try to post links or images.

And I forget to check the auto-moderated queue for a while and that's what happens. Should happen less once you have 5-15 posts from what I can tell, but some people it still picks on. Calvin being one for instance. It loves to auto-moderate him... maybe it knows something... lol

Insider
    I suggest disabling the antispam/automod and running the site through Incapsula. The free plan should work great and the automated bot/spammer blocking is top-notch.