Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work: Houston and otherwise

Insider

Work: Houston and otherwise

So, I have reached the point where I am out of work, and being offered stupid money to move. Houston is one of the places. Any Houston experiences, paintball and otherwise? I have 5 offers in the fire, and one more thrown at me today...

Humid.

But I loved living in Texas. I was in Dallas. I would move back any time.

Colin (Deadlywind) is based out of Houston.

Insider
    Yeah, Humid is my weakness. But the pay is stupid. Nothing less then $100K.

Would love to be by Colin, we used to talk for hours on the phone - that would really be worth it.

That kind of salary in Texas will go a long way. Some nice places to live too. Taking family with you?

Insider
    The area I am in has a cost of living index of 124, compared to Houston, which is 90 or so? And the average pay here is less then national average. Expect the gun project to get a serious kick in the rear.

Taking family, lucky the area has family values and huge houses for cheap. This area has neither really. They look at me like I am killing the planet for having so many kids.

Insider
    So, small change: Corpus Christi. I start the drive down Wednesday.

Anybody on the way from Bellingham, WA to CC, TX wanna shoot the gun? I will be rolling through Cali then across to Phoenix, then down.

Congratulations man! I hope it works out better than your wildest dreams.

Insider
    Supports Inception Designs
    Supports Inception Designs
    In Texas, 220 miles is considered essentially neighbors.
    Welcome to TX neighbor!

Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    So, small change: Corpus Christi. I start the drive down Wednesday.

Anybody on the way from Bellingham, WA to CC, TX wanna shoot the gun? I will be rolling through Cali then across to Phoenix, then down.
    Does this mean you are taking I-10 from PHX to get to TX? If so, you'll have to make a stop in Tucson (Vail actually) because I want to see this thing. Let me know when you plan to be in the area and we can meet up. I live pretty close to the freeway, but just moved and haven't found a good shooting spot yet.

Insider
    Thanks Simon! It should be nice. Plus I will be better located to visit the rest of the US for events. And: We are looking for a place with a spare room. Just in case anybody wants to visit. Gulf of Mexico fishing anybody?

Hey there Colin! Yeah, in Alaska we use to drive 90 miles (each way) to go to Subway. Not joking. Plus we have tons of friends in Houston, so we will be around. Would love to stop by the 'shop.'

desertT1: Yep, going right through there. Friday/Saturday? Start scouting around.