Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I screwed up something somewhere

I screwed up something somewhere

So yeah, I went to tear down my new Sniper. I took everything apart down to the valve, cleaned it, and reassembled it.

I went to the field, and all it did was fart. I buried the IVG, I set the reg to 250 PSI, and all it does is fart. The hammer hits the valve, but absolutely no air gets through to the bolt. Literally none.

I broke it apart again today, and there was no visible damage. Reassembled it again, and it will just sit there and fart.

What did I do wrong?

Not sure, but if you want to drop it in to us at KEE NJ we can go through it and get it set up again for you.

Haha, I might do that. Where are you guys located?

570 Mantua Blvd, Sewell, NJ, 08080

Darn, that's actually a bit of a hike for me. Maybe it'd be best to sent PBSolutions an email...

I'm sure it's correct BUT double check the valve is in the correct way and the bolt is in correct.

Well I don't want to insult you but is the bolt installed the right way up? Is the valve installed with the port in the right direction? We all forget sometimes

My second inclination is there's something preventing you from getting full lift - something behind the valve jam nut, the nut itself or in front of the valve stem. How far can you open the valve when it's not gassed up, just by pressing the hammer forward (I believe you'll need the frame off for this)?

Yep, the bolt is in correctly.
    As for the second part, I do not know what you speak of. It looked normal during cycling the teardown process. How far should it go forward?

EDIT: Do you think it the poppit spring is seated incorrectly?
    Last edited by Algae; 09-22-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Well aren't I a smart cookie.

The valve was in backwards.

Doh!

Glad you got it sorted though.