Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Standardizing feednecks?

is the Sniper feedneck like a PE where there is a slip on style onto a stub from the body? and will there be plans on marketing that as the "go to" for feedneck mods for older non-clamping style guns?

i like ego feednecks but from what little info that PBN gave me, that the only mod-able/or best mod Ego feedneck is the 05/06 and they are getting scarce, since no one likes the Tech-T or CP 05/06 feednecks. on my ICDO Build-Off gun(pic will come, have to put the finishing touches on it), i just hacked up an older stove-pipe/high rise feedneck so that it retained the threads, but enough meat to sit inside the feedneck collar. with the older feednecks, no one likes them and you can't give them away, it saves on buying a dye and cutting new threads but, if the Sniper feedneck is more plentiful than the Ego and is a lever clamp instead of a screw, then i think that this will be my choice for feednecks on getting some older guns up to new specs.

Chad, I have no idea why they would do a clamp over style feedneck and use a press in tube for the body other than trying to use up some extrusion they had that wasn't big enough to include the feedneck stub when it was machined. Makes no sense to me for a new gun. For an old gun being updated it would...

Doug, yep it's designed to clamp onto a stub from the guns body.

There should shortly be an "upgrade" kit for the Mini and Axe, that has a stub that is ICD/SP threads and threads into the gun body and then you put the Sniper style feedneck onto that.

This will work to upgrade all ICD threaded gun bodies, and it will be easy to make an adaptor so it works on ANY gun with an older style threaded feedneck. You'll just need the adaptor for which ever threads your gun body is.

The Sniper feedneck is ambidextrous lever clamping with thumbwheel adjustment. It should solve a lot of issues with older guns and people that want to update them to a far better system.

now, will Empire actually sell the individual feednecks complete and when could that happen? Sometime next year? this would be awesome.

Yes and yes

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yes and yes
    Holy Crap! They are actually going ahead with something.

We snuck it through when they were distracted by the Splatmaster products...

Funny, I was just thinking about it yesterday. I was going to ask you again, if you wanted me to make.

i will say this. Thank you Simon. the tinkerer's around the world appreciate this. last 2 more questions. 1) what is the price going to be around? 2) will they be raw or come in colours?

No idea on final price yet. I suspect around what the Nano was.

Again it's early but I believe you can have any colour you want as long as it's black. We never sell raw parts and I can't remember the last time we did something in chrome. There is nothing critical on the feed neck part if you want to re ano it. I would leave the stub though and since it is hidden it shouldn't matter if that stays black.

i guess Empire is turning to the Henry Ford model of production. you can have anything you want, as long as its black.

its all good. i can deal with the one colour. most of the stuff i deal with has already been coloured.