Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally got my Kapp Flame Cocker up and running...

Finally got my Kapp Flame Cocker up and running...

Ram was bent when I got it and it was missing the main reg, beavertail and the 3 way was leaking like crazy.

It's working now but I am looking for an original 3 way (current one is finicky) original ram, original main reg and original beavertail.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, or better yet wants to trade parts for some more modern stuff I am sure we can work out a deal.

Obviously I need to work out a shorter piece of hose too.

I also machined out the inside of the feedneck to perfectly fit a Z2.

Make sure to post on customcockers.com.

I did not want to say anything on the FB post. But the ASA is standard dovetail, correct? Probably not a chance in hell of that ever seeing the light of day is there?

Yes it is a standard dovetail. It was made years before we tweaked the design to a T slot and put it on the Sniper. I've never been able to persuade the powers that be to release it so I don't think it will happen any time soon either. There are maybe 5-10 of them in existence in black and silver only. I may swap it out with a black one I have on another gun, not sure yet. The whole "matching accessories" is paining me. I don't usually like chrome or silver on my guns at all. I am actually considering trading this gun for an all black, or black to green fade Evo X.

But it does shoot so damn well, and it is so rare that I am not sure what I want to do.

looks good Simon.

i want to say that the period correct ram was a clippard unit, but STO ram might be it. i can't remember what the 4-way was. what are you running now? HPR, ANS Gen-X i believe, which means the BM HPR is better over all. never cared for the rebadged uniregs.

and what's wrong with shooting something shiney? its not like you can hide your 6'4" frame anywhere on a field and not be seen...

I think I have the stock 3 way on it. I'm not sure what it is called. It works but leaks if you look at it wrong. It seems like the bore is just slightly large for the o-rings. I am thinking about trying dow 55 to see if I can swell them up just a little.

The ergo reg I have on it is growing on me. It seems to match with the gun decently.

I can be pretty sneaky for my size. I have just never liked chrome or silver paintball guns. This one is growing on me more and more though.

sneaky is different than being conspicuous. but sometimes, you just need to have than gun that is colourful. to stand out against the crowd. also, you doing anymore basement or barn tours again? my standing offer to help you organize is still there. you can even blind fold me to keep your location a secret.

Supports Inception Designs
    It sure is a purdy one...can I see a pic of the other side so I can see which 4-way it is? The original one had 2 grooves cut in it close to the block and a 3rd cut towards the front if i remember right. Not sure who made it, possibly a KAPP original?

the original beavertail was the half-round mounting bracket with the single rod coming out and a round ring on the end, I may have one floating around but I will have to look. Not sure if they ever came with 'specific' regulators...I think KAPP let you choose which one you wanted...but yea, the ANS GX-2 was probably the standard for the day. A WGP Ergo would also fit the time frame as well...but I have also seen them with Gladiators, Stabilizers, Sidewinders, and the current reg you have on this one.

It's the original 3-way with the grooves. I think it's a Kapp.

It worked beautifully this weekend until I let Ryan (Lurker) play with it. Now something is up with the regs. I think it may be the LPR but not certain. Need some time to test the regs and see what is going on.