Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally got my Kapp Flame Cocker up and running...

Insider
    Even when it was being iffy, it's an absolute BLAST to shoot, and it did score a fair number of eliminations too!

It felt to me like the LPR probably wasn't recharging fast enough to give enough oomph to recock every shot - possibly exacerbated by the slight/intermittent leak in the 3 way. Could just be a cocking rod adjustment thing though?

EDIT: See, the problem was you let me actually TOUCH something mechanical, rather than dealing with it in the abstract. I really appreciate it, though!

Supports Inception Designs
    Lurker...what did you do, no breaking the purdy old markers!

Pretty sure it's the regs because the cocking rod is still in tight, and when I go to test the force on the bolt it's up through the roof. I can barely pull it open even with the lpr backed out. Even then it's not switching properly though when the 3-way is activated.

Not sure if the issues was caused by the old Ergo reg or the LPR though. Got to see what parts I have that I can swap around and test.

if its chronoing right, then your ergo is fine.

lpr is toast sounds like.

No tank on the gun. No pressure at the valve (dropping the hammer doesn't give you a shot) and no air comes out when you cycle the 3 way. And yet the ram is fully pressurized in the closed position. That's a new one for me. Don't know if I have any spare rams...

that is an interesting problem. i would throw blame to the LPR. if it was working before then it couldn't be a swapped hose problem. plus, i think you(Simon) would be well aware that the front of the ram hose goes to the front of the 4 way.

It is a puzzler.

Took both hoses off the ram and it was still holding pressure.

Took both fittings off and it was still holding pressure.

Took it apart and it leaked slowly as i was doing it. Took it fully apart and no damaged o-rings or o-rings out of place. Very strange. Definitely a ram issue though. Not sure if I should rebuild it or just replace it. Best ram and place to get one for a replacement?

Supports Inception Designs
    Only place that is still selling new rams I think is Belsales...? Craig at Palmers has his machines busy at the moment, but plans on doing some of the new rebuildable style PPS rams in the future (they ran about $47 i think brand new)

I probably have a spare ram somewhere or could track one down for you with a little searching...any particular brand you would prefer?

Don't care on brand as long as it works well and is silver or preferably chrome so it matches.

I have a chrome Psychoballistics off a Lightning if you want it.