Page 157 of 228 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by d0cwho View Post
    Voter fraud is where an individual pretends to be someone else to vote or votes when they aren't allowed to (hence why it's a rare crime as risks greatly outweigh benefits).

Election/Electoral fraud is the interference with the process of an election, either by increasing the vote share of the favored candidate, depressing the vote share of the rival candidates, or both.
    I think the evidence is pointing toward the former happened, on the part of roughly 592 ballots all being voted by the same person.

I think there is evidence the latter may have happened, as election officials approved these ballots with little oversight and a significant number of ballots in the congressional district were requested but then never returned. I believe there is more information to be gathered to determine if Dowless was the same person that voted absentee repeatedly and the person that (possibly) collected and destroyed minority ballots.
    Last edited by Unfated33; 12-06-2018 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Spelling and Ballot Count

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    I think the evidence is pointing toward the former happened, on the part of roughly 592 ballots all being voted by the same person.

I think there is evidence the latter may have happened, as election officials approved these ballots with little oversight and a significant number of ballots in the congressional district were requested but then never returned. I believe there is more information to be gathered to determine if Dowless was the same person that voted absentee repeatedly and the person that (possibly) collected and destroyed minority ballots.
    I think its the latter actually. Most recent reports I saw showed Dowless met with the campaign. Also, it appears they didn't actually submit all the ballots they took so that would fall under electoral fraud.

There are current laws in place regarding electoral fraud when it comes to collecting and handling absentee ballots. However, it appears this has been going on for at least two years without any correction. I am surprised that there is not a check in place to make sure that the laws are enforced in a more timely manner.

I'm still very interested to find out whether the actions that occurred in Bladen County and Robeson County were done by the same agents of Mark Harris or done by different groups. There does not appear to be the smoking gun in Robeson County like we see in Bladen with Dowless.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    "Fuck your feelings, you're being histrionic. Why doesn't anyone care about my feelings!? !?"

-Josh, and conservative men in general
    fun fact, whos feelings matter least to josh? and whos feelings matter most to him?

ill give you two options feel free to match them as you please:

A. non white people, women and minorities
    B. his own, a white straight dudes, that happens to agree with a bunch of other rich white dudes

lets play a game, shall we?
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    fun fact, whos feelings matter least to josh? and whos feelings matter most to him?

ill give you two options feel free to match them as you please:

A. non white people, women and minorities
    B. his own, a white straight dudes, that happens to agree with a bunch of other rich white dudes

lets play a game, shall we?
    I realize you aren't trying to convince Josh, but at a certain point your methods are doing more harm than good to the legitimate and important causes you are advocating for.

Josh has been signaling for a while that he is going to leave. He might yet come back, but if he doesn't, what does that mean? Is it a victory?

I've frequently disagreed with Josh, and to a lesser extent Irony, but I really didn't want to see either of them stop engaging. (No matter how much his arguments would frustrate me at times)

I find Josh to be misguided, and more partisan that either he is aware or he is willing to admit. However, I do get the impression that he was trying for a sincere reach in his last posted comment.

Insider
    I think it's over, guys. A good thing for everyone honestly
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    I find Josh to be misguided, and more partisan that either he is aware or he is willing to admit. However, I do get the impression that he was trying for a sincere reach in his last posted comment.
    I think I've given him a lot of slack over the years, and he does that every once in a while, then when you're trying to meet him in the middle he'll turn around and pull the rug out.

I've come to realize he's not worth sincere effort.

i dont know what to do with the roughly 1/3rd of the country that rejects reality. down is up, up is down, i really don't know what we can do about it. i dont believe, after all this, they are just going to give up and pretend like it didn't happen. some i believe are trying to do that, but those like josh who have invested there entire identity into this false reality ... they arn't gonna just wake up and be done with it. at the same time, how can they integrate back into society? how can we accept them? how can we move forward as one country knowing what we know now about each other?

america has some pretty fucking real questions to ask itself when this is over. some real soul searching. our brush with fascism has shown us just how authoritarian some of us are, how fragile the whole system is, and what are we going to do about that? i honestly don't know. democracy doesn't work if you can't trust the other side to not be fascists.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 12-07-2018 at 10:17 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    america has some pretty fucking real questions to ask itself when this is over. some real soul searching. our brush with fascism has shown us just how authoritarian some of us are, how fragile the whole system is, and what are we going to do about that? i honestly don't know.
    I completely agree here. This is not limited to America, either. It appears to be a recurring problem in European countries that fascism returns and is strengthened as fears of immigrants are stoked. Authoritarianism is codified into some of the political systems and religious structures, which makes it very difficult to root out of our government.