Page 46 of 228 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    report?

no, mueller is indicting and prosecuting folks. he is also working with the NYAG's office, as likely many state crimes have been committed (in NY) as well, also, side note, state crimes are not pardonable.

kushner and Junior are up next. sounds like bannon thinks kushner will crack first.
    My understanding is he will also issue a report in addition to his prosecutions on his investigation. He has wide latitude to pursue leads so it's very possible the charges he may or may not bring regarding Kushner and Junior could not be directly related to the Russia investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by d0cwho View Post
    My understanding is he will also issue a report in addition to his prosecutions on his investigation. He has wide latitude to pursue leads so it's very possible the charges he may or may not bring regarding Kushner and Junior could not be directly related to the Russia investigation.
    i think his strategy is pretty obvious at this point. he's using minor crimes, sometimes unrelated crimes, to force compliance with the investigation while looking up the chain.

kushner and juniors business dealings for the last 20 years are ripe for unpardonable, jail sentence magnitude crimes, and with that leverage, he has/will gain access to trump himself.

anyone doubting mueller's wide jurisdiction needs to remember that is how we went from shady real estate deals in Arkansas to lying about a blow job being impeachable in the 1990s. everything really is fair game. and if lying about a BJ is impeachable, trump is done the second he opens his mouth under oath.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    4 dozen or more shades of grey in that discussion
    Oh, that was a fantastic answer.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Oh, that was a fantastic answer.
    No it wasn't.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...trality/?amp=1

I sincerely hope these take over.

Insider
    Build a global Earth observatory - www.nature.com/articles/d41586-017-08967-y

would be a seriously good tool for climate science.

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    I'll be interested to see how these efforts play out since these towns will still have to buy service from Comcast/AT&T/Verizon to actually run their own network. In my experience these companies don't play nice and tend to try and roll over municipals on pricing and terms.

Quote Originally Posted by d0cwho View Post
    I'll be interested to see how these efforts play out since these towns will still have to buy service from Comcast/AT&T/Verizon to actually run their own network. In my experience these companies don't play nice and tend to try and roll over municipals on pricing and terms.
    I don't think these work quite the way you expect. In these types of networks they're carrier neutral, meaning the equipment allows multiple ISPs to offer service on leased, common infrastructure. The benefit is that it allows ISPs to be pooled in terms of system maintenance (a huge expense) and they still do the bandwidth bundling based on how much space they lease. Since it's easy for a new carrier to buy in on the network it basically puts the subscriber in control since it becomes a competitive market. Suprisingly, this business model supports rural areas amazingly.

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    I don't think these work quite the way you expect. In these types of networks they're carrier neutral, meaning the equipment allows multiple ISPs to offer service on leased, common infrastructure. The benefit is that it allows ISPs to be pooled in terms of system maintenance (a huge expense) and they still do the bandwidth bundling based on how much space they lease. Since it's easy for a new carrier to buy in on the network it basically puts the subscriber in control since it becomes a competitive market. Suprisingly, this business model supports rural areas amazingly.
    Gotcha.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/justic...s-emails-again

This is not good...banana republic stuff