Page 47 of 228 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    No it wasn't.
    it was if you are confused why the papers you cite to refute climate change, explicitly endorse climate change.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    No it wasn't.
    It was a 50 shades of grey reference. 4 dozen, minus our opinions = 50.

When you have to explain the joke though...so innocent.

it was if you are confused why the papers you cite to refute climate change, explicitly endorse climate change.
    The climate is always changing. It never has been stable. Sky is blue, water is wet, climate change is the only constant and nobody* is saying the climate isn't changing. What stupid branding. Of course it is changing.

Cold? Climate change!
    Hot? Climate change!
    Drought? Climate change!
    Rain? Climate change!
    Snow? Climate change!

Of course, that is winning in a way! All weather is human caused. Congrats. Hurricane? Blame the humans. Drought? Humans! Plague of Locusts! Humans! I guess it is better than blaming the Jews. Just gotta figure out who is doing the Polar Vortex Dance. (Personally, I blame Taylor Swift.)

Come on, say it with me: An?thro?po?gen?ic Global Warming. You know you want to! It is the underlying commentary, what you really want to say. just say it....

(Oh yeah, all predictions of climate calamity failed, and all models failed in 10 years. Congrats. Your branding might be good, but your predictions, not so much.)

(*Not our Nobody...)

The Global Stations are a clever idea, but I think they need a lot more data points. A simple stand with multiple items on it, well sited, would be a better choice. He is calling for a handful in different continents. You need thousands. Tens of thousands. The US alone has over 1200 data points, and it is the only well covered nation, and that is not really enough, so many are poorly sited.

Satellites also collect the entire depth of the atmosphere, but we only have a few data points there. Shoot, we had models for CO2 - and then they launched the OCO-2 satelite and realized they were all wrong, but that was just last year. Our climate data collection process needs to be significantly expanded in my opinion. More satellites.

Which brings up the internet bits. I think Satellites or similar (Project Loon for example) projects will eliminate the normal ISP holds there are in areas where there is a limited service. There seems to be several more coming online, including some that will have a 30ms latency. Some providers are looking at 5G service that is hung from the telephone poles - and always wireless. Nothing running to the house. If you have power, you can get internet easy. This would allow significantly lower installation costs, which means more providers in more areas because the risk would be lower.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

so, still no increase in TSI

k.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    so, still no increase in TSI

k.
    Also still hasn't explained to us how satellite measurements work or why they should be more reliable than ground stations. His position seems to be "satellites are magic so of course climate stations are wrong"
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/justic...s-emails-again

This is not good...banana republic stuff
    And more: http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...is-handling-of

That evidence includes passages in FBI documents stating the “sheer volume” of classified information that flowed through Clinton’s insecure emails was proof of criminality as well as an admission of false statements by one key witness in the case, the investigators said.

The name of the witness is redacted from the FBI documents but lawmakers said he was an employee of a computer firm that helped maintain her personal server after she left office as America’s top diplomat and who belatedly admitted he had permanently erased an archive of her messages in 2015 after they had been subpoenaed by Congress.

The investigators also confirmed that the FBI began drafting a statement exonerating Clinton of any crimes while evidence responsive to subpoenas was still outstanding and before agents had interviewed more than a dozen key witnesses.

Those witnesses included Clinton and the computer firm employee who permanently erased her email archives just days after the emails were subpoenaed by Congress, the investigators said.
    A sad comment on this was that the same people who gave Clinton a pass, and it looks like they did some mismanagment - also are the same people who are investigating Trump. Mueller had a chance to pick from tens of thousands of people, and he picked exactly the same people.

Hence, why some people are saying it is a hack.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post

A sad comment on this was that the same people who gave Clinton a pass, and it looks like they did some mismanagment - also are the same people who are investigating Trump. Mueller had a chance to pick from tens of thousands of people, and he picked exactly the same people.

the source is republicans on the hill so I'll take anything they say with a grain of salt (I treat sources on the Russia investigation the same way). More to the point, let's just put aside whether or not Hillary got a free pass or not on something that was inanely stupid and showed poor judgement (If you want to spend the time reading the FBI's files it doesn't show much intent to break the law). This kind of behavior opens up the door to the egregious use of a supposedly independent law enforcement to undermine a political opponent. It completely undermines the validity of the rule of law when it devolves into this sort of behavior. I know that may seem counter intuitive but look at it from a partisan democrat's perspective. There was plenty of evidence the Obama admin could have investigated the Bush administration for using illegal interrogation methods (torture), but they didn't because of the precedent it would set. Do you think a democratic admin is going to let the Trump admin off the hook if nothing comes of the Russian investigation? No. They will do the same thing. This sort of stuff harms our democracy and is what happens in banana republics.

dont run a way, not some poeple

YOU said it was hack. don't pussy foot around like a conservative little bitch hiding behind some like its a defense.

YOU said it was a political hack. own it.

god, now im learning to never take masculinity lectures from conservatives too. god you guys are pussies. stand up and fight, you said it was political hack job, you stand up for it. don't run away like a little bitch "oh some people think its a hack job" ... no YOU think its a hack job. god, and you make fun of us for our tight pants. can't even make an argument without running away.

It is a hack job.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 01-04-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Insider
    Yes - it is a hack job in my opinion. And I also said Kenneth Star and the hunt against Clinton was a hack job.

What point are you trying to make? Do you not know what a political hack job is?

"Political hack" is a negative term ascribed to a person who is part of the political party apparatus, but whose intentions are more aligned with victory than personal conviction.
    Kenneth Star witch hunt of Clinton? Political hack. Victory for impeachment at all costs
    Comey, determining that Clinton was innocent before the project was done? A Political Hack. Victory more important than finishing the job.
    Strzok's work on Clinton and Mueller? Double Hack.

Yeah man, it's a bunch of fucking hacks.

Note: I do realize that "Noun. hack job (plural hack jobs) The completion of a task in the quickest possible time at the expense of quality or attention to detail." is by definition, different, and that is not what I was trying to describe.
    Last edited by pbjosh; 01-04-2018 at 10:36 PM.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Its standard practice for lawyers/prosecutors to start drafting arguments and conclusions before they finalize their investigation. It helps you get on top of the issues and be efficient. I've known of judges to have their opinions written before oral arguments were conducted because they already read the briefs. Also if Comey was so out to help Hillary, why the hell would he reopen the investigation the week before the election?

Also, the amazing thing about organizations is they have a hierarchy. Nothing you have pointed out shows anyone to be a hack and claiming that Kenneth Starr was a hack doesn't give your position any more credence.

Insider
    It maybe standard practice for lawyer to do it, when defending a client. When presenting in a court room. Or when making presentation before a court. Yeah, that is prep work.

When doing an investigation, when all the information is still out? That is jumping to conclusions. They are different beasts. A brief might speed up a job, but there is still the fat lady needing to sing before you judge the opera. Or else aren't you just....coming to the completion of a task in the quickest possible time at the expense of quality or attention to detail? (had to use it.)

A week after the election? I have no idea, saving his backside? I doubt we will really know.

I don't need a refresher on organizations that have a hierarchy. But obvious political bias in the FBI is turning out to be obvious, and using the same assets with an obvious bias to investigate and render judgement in two high profile cases, resulting in 'judgements' that match those biases is rather interesting. Especially since there seems to be some skipping of obvious issues in one, and a wide ranging investigation with little to no bounds in the other.

Did you think KStar wasn't on a political attack looking for any evidence he could to try and take down a president, vs doing a good, balanced job of investigating?
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com