Page 50 of 228 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Politics

Global warming religion.

Lol.

I like this guy !

I doubt the snowflakes can watch it all, since its heresy.

endeavor to persevere.......

I'm having a difficult time putting this in terms I can explain clearly, but I somewhat think that the link that Ryan provided may have some inherent sampling bias. My thought revolves around the fact that the construct of marriage itself may have societal connotations in the sampled countries. Meaning, what it means to be married isn't equal across the sample.

Without question, there are biological dispositions driven both chemically and psychologically. Hell, pheromone research alone supports the utility of these "identities." I guess what I'm saying is the sexual organ is less important than the associated dispositions, but these dispositions tend to correlate naturally.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Global warming religion.

Lol.

I like this guy !

I doubt the snowflakes can watch it all, since its heresy.

Yeah, yeah. Old stuff.
    Go see https://www.skepticalscience.com/iva...scientist.html for more details.

But I'm guessing you won't, since you still seem unable to grasp even the difference between climate and weather. (pointing to your previous post in here and the copy of that you posted in AO)
    Let alone realize that US weather doesn't equate global average temperature...

shhhh, its cold outside, so climate change is a myth.

what i think is strange that contrary to the notion that climate change proponents can't or wont watch/read/understand skeptics arguments, in fact, we are very familiar with them. as any scientist is very familiar with the counter cases to all great scientific ideas. its in having the evidence to prove such skeptics wrong, that makes someone into a proponent. thats what builds consensus and thus action.

if you didn't already guess the true bit of evidence that put any skeptical thoughts i had away in my mind was the definitive evidence showing the TSI not increasing. this is why no matter what josh posts, he still loses. im very familiar with the research, and there isn't any evidence by any collection method that shows it increasing. so no matter what he posts, its still not evidence of the TSI increasing. now, if if a paper came out tomorrow showing the TSI spiking, and it was confrimed by multiple other methods, i'd rethink things. but since that has not happened (the probability of that happening is less and less by each method confirming the TSI is flat, or slightly down), its pretty safe to conclude the sun is not driving the climate change we are seeing right now.

thus the driver of the current climate change is man made carbon gasses.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 01-07-2018 at 11:07 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

No no, you don't understand. All the corroborating and self-consistent evidence is either poorly measured or just doesn't matter.

The global average temperature isn't actually increasing.

(Believe it or not I pulled that image from Anthony Watts' website in a post that was just absolutely outraged that there was a recent dip towards zero, from Dr. Roy Spencer, one of Josh's favorites)

Measured increases in CO2 aren't really happening because we can't accurately reconstruct historical data.

Measured increases in atmospheric methane aren't real... come to think of it this has been more or less ignored by "skeptics".

None of that is happening, it's all delusions or contrivances of scientists pushing for the New World Order. That and industrial activity doesn't actually produce greenhouse gasses (or at least not faster than nature can magically compensate) and everyone taking that data is an idiot.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 01-07-2018 at 02:28 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

I say bring on the www.impossiblefoods.com - so long as the nutritional side of artificial meat stacks up (B12 and so on) then the sooner we can get away from livestock the better. I have zero moral qualms with killing animals, it's just a horribly inefficient way to feed millions of people.

We certainly have a major problem with methane due to farming here in NZ, and it's destroying our waterways among other things. We're lucky enough to have almost entirely renewable power generation (95%?), which means we're well placed to flip the road fleet to EV asap. Good. Shame Tesla's start at $144k here.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by vijil View Post
    I say bring on the www.impossiblefoods.com - so long as the nutritional side of artificial meat stacks up (B12 and so on) then the sooner we can get away from livestock the better. I have zero moral qualms with killing animals, it's just a horribly inefficient way to feed millions of people.

We certainly have a major problem with methane due to farming here in NZ, and it's destroying our waterways among other things. We're lucky enough to have almost entirely renewable power generation (95%?), which means we're well placed to flip the road fleet to EV asap. Good. Shame Tesla's start at $144k here.
    Is most of the renewable energy hydro?

It looks like geothermal is more than double the production of hydro in New Zealand, which makes it similar to Iceland in that regard.

http://www.mbie.govt.nz/info-service...gy-in-2016.pdf

(I couldn't find the chart for 2017, but it may be too early in 2018 for it yet)
    Last edited by Unfated33; 01-08-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    It looks like geothermal is more than double the production of hydro in New Zealand, which makes it similar to Iceland in that regard.

http://www.mbie.govt.nz/info-service...gy-in-2016.pdf

(I couldn't find the chart for 2017, but it may be too early in 2018 for it yet)
    Gotcha. Yeah I would have been amazed if they were able to get that much from solar or wind. Unfortunately, those aren't very dependable resources yet and need natural gas generators to back them up.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    No no, you don't understand. All the corroborating and self-consistent evidence is either poorly measured or just doesn't matter.

The global average temperature isn't actually increasing.

(Believe it or not I pulled that image from Anthony Watts' website in a post that was just absolutely outraged that there was a recent dip towards zero, from Dr. Roy Spencer, one of Josh's favorites)

Measured increases in CO2 aren't really happening because we can't accurately reconstruct historical data.

Measured increases in atmospheric methane aren't real... come to think of it this has been more or less ignored by "skeptics".

None of that is happening, it's all delusions or contrivances of scientists pushing for the New World Order. That and industrial activity doesn't actually produce greenhouse gasses (or at least not faster than nature can magically compensate) and everyone taking that data is an idiot.
    methane is actually far worse of a carbon gas than co2 is as well.

the earth has a really nasty positive feedback mechanism when it comes to methane as well. whereby a small amount of warming will lead to huge amounts of warming.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.