Page 212 of 228 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Bush-appointed judge says Bill Barr lied to the public and that the redactions didn?t meet the requirement to be kept from the public.

Surprisedpikachu.jpg

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/518981-judge-orders-doj-to-publish-info-redacted-as-privileged-from-mueller
    Last edited by PBSteve; 10-01-2020 at 01:39 AM.

For the first time in his presidency, I feel a little bad for Trump.

Fox news chastising him for refusing to denounce the Proud Boys has to be confusing. I?m sure he thought Fox would be on board and spin it as they usually are.

The GoP and their mouthpiece see the writing on the wall and are trying to create distance, while still pushing through ?Trump?s? pick for SCOTUS less than a month before the election.

They?ve gotten what they needed out of the useful idiot.

your faith in the GOP is cute.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    your rambling thoughts on several subjects adjacent to my post are not a response to my post. you added no new information vis a vis democratic power grabs, no counter to the notion that a civil war wont happen, etc.

its like a nobody post. its certainly all words, but what relevance it has to the topic at hand, or the point i made is ... idk.

im still waiting to figure out how renewing the patriot act is a power grab, like rejecting the outcome of an election.
    Clearly there is a disconnect from how well you think your point came across to me and vice versa.

What new information do you need, the patriot act was set to expire, the democrats felt it was equally good to keep surveillance on the american people just as much as the republicans did in 2005. The bipartisanship of it is probably the biggest indicator that neither side cares about you're rights and just wants to maintain their own power....

Quote Originally Posted by Florypb505 View Post
    Clearly there is a disconnect from how well you think your point came across to me and vice versa.

What new information do you need, the patriot act was set to expire, the democrats felt it was equally good to keep surveillance on the american people just as much as the republicans did in 2005. The bipartisanship of it is probably the biggest indicator that neither side cares about you're rights and just wants to maintain their own power....
    how can maintaining something that someone else put into place, be a power grab? further, it was bush and republicans who grabbed the power in the first place.

if it is, and thats the best you can come up with for a democratic power grab, then my point is proven. your only example was actually a power grabbed by republicans, and merely extending it, somehow does not compare to destroying representative government in the USA, as trump is well on his way to doing.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

So... slow news day hmm?

Anyway, I wonder how the die-hards will contextualize all this; will they continue to not care about the virus, or will they suddenly turn around and pretend like it's a big deal now?
    I don't know, fly casual

how can maintaining something that someone else put into place, be a power grab? further, it was bush and republicans who grabbed the power in the first place.

if it is, and thats the best you can come up with for a democratic power grab, then my point is proven. your only example was actually a power grabbed by republicans, and merely extending it, somehow does not compare to destroying representative government in the USA, as trump is well on his way to doing.
    I mean I guess it is how you look at it. I care much more about unlawful surveillance of american citizens than who is the talking head on the white house lawn.

I mean I can't imagine the democrats give to much of a fuck about that either or they would have found something that wasn't Biden. I can see they are focusing on the senate turn that and the next 4 years stalemate. Neither side cares about the people they are governing so what does it matter to them.

And going back to the destroying representative government. We compromised on that in the 1700s with the electorial college. There are like 10 states that decide the presidency so where is this representative government we are so worried about losing?
    Last edited by Florypb505; 10-02-2020 at 09:23 PM.

I mean I guess it is how you look at it. I care much more about unlawful surveillance of american citizens than who is the talking head on the white house lawn.

I mean I can't imagine the democrats give to much of a fuck about that either or they would have found something that wasn't Biden. I can see they are focusing on the senate turn that and the next 4 years stalemate. Neither side cares about the people they are governing so what does it matter to them.

And going back to the destroying representative government. We compromised on that in the 1700s with the electorial college. There are like 10 states that decide the presidency so where is this representative government we are so worried about losing?
    so you in favor of removing the electoral college? i also take it then you are in favor of the never having a republican president since 1990, because with the EC, we wouldnt have had any republican presidents. (W won the popular in 2004, but he wouldnt have been president in 2000 to win it in 2004).

again, it can't be a power grab, if your not grabbing any power. its in the name. if the power already was grabbed, by republicans, blaming democrats is pretty fucked up bro.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-04-2020 at 05:55 PM.

I think we were talking about the Republicans power grabs over the time of their majority in the house and the senate, which I was comparing to the power grabs made by the democrats when they had the same majority power...

Trump remaining president, you see my opinion, he will be president of the midwest and the south at that point, the major population centers of the west coast and north-east would break off. Texas and California scream about secession all the time anyway and both would be very quick at declaring if things go against what they want at this point in time anyway. The midwest would need to choose what it does and battleground states like Florida would end up being war zones most likely if things are not done peacefully.
    I wonder how you?ll respond to being told you?re parroting shit narratives from hucksters. You?ve been had.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ause-civil-war

so you in favor of removing the electoral college? i also take it then you are in favor of the never having a republican president since 1990, because with the EC, we wouldnt have had any republican presidents. (W won the popular in 2004, but he wouldnt have been president in 2000 to win it in 2004).

again, it can't be a power grab, if your not grabbing any power. its in the name. if the power already was grabbed, by republicans, blaming democrats is pretty fucked up bro.
    No shrub should have been president in any of there 3 times in my lifetime. Gore got fucked absolutely, he was probably my favorite president candidate in my time being alive prior to my ability to vote at that point though.