Page 193 of 228 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

i think you mean republicans have no integrity anymore.

if obama committed a felony (and possible treason) live on TV, he'd have been impeached and convicted by democrats.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I'm genuinely curious to hear a Trump supporter's opinion on the HK protests.

On one side, you have leftists rioting in the street for freedom from communist rule.

On the other you have communist Gina.

I guess they probably hate everyone.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

or trumps EO attempting to expand medicare.

the connotative dissonance.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    i think you mean republicans have no integrity anymore.

if obama committed a felony (and possible treason) live on TV, he'd have been impeached and convicted by democrats.
    No, i mean all politicians have no integrity anymore. No matter what letter you have behind your name, the job(and it is a job) is supposed to serve the people, not their own self-interests. There should be both sides speaking out about the horrendous actions ,versus just the dems. So far, only those dems with nothing left to loose are speaking, nit those that could loose their foothold on the job of politics

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I'm genuinely curious to hear a Trump supporter's opinion on the HK protests.

On one side, you have leftists rioting in the street for freedom from communist rule.

On the other you have communist Gina.

I guess they probably hate everyone.
    Nah, they love China because Trump likes Jinping.
    I don't know, fly casual

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    No, i mean all politicians have no integrity anymore. No matter what letter you have behind your name, the job(and it is a job) is supposed to serve the people, not their own self-interests. There should be both sides speaking out about the horrendous actions ,versus just the dems. So far, only those dems with nothing left to loose are speaking, nit those that could loose their foothold on the job of politics

Lol, no. There is no "both sides-ing" here, it's just republicans that have no integrity.
    Last edited by AndrewTheWookie; 10-04-2019 at 01:57 PM.
    I don't know, fly casual

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    not a counterpoint.

only folks doing that right now are republicans. trump committed a felony on TV and they don't care.

This victory for the telecoms industry may have just actually delivered them into a hell they*ve tried to avoid for decades: a balkanized regulatory landscape even more restrictive than the one they just escaped. In its repeal, the FCC preempted states from imposing their own net neutrality laws. *No dice,* the majority opinion responded. If the US government chooses to abdicate regulatory authority, the judges argued, it can*t simultaneously take that authority from states.

*As a practical matter, the ISPs are going to have to abide by net neutrality,* argued telecommunications lawyer Gary Resnick at the law firm GrayRobinson, as states begin enforcing their own net-neutrality laws. *If [telcoms] can*t do it in half the country, they can*t do that anywhere,* he added. Abiding by net neutrality rules in California, but not for information sent to Ohio, will prove, to say the least, challenging (see carmakers* adoption of California*s stricter fuel efficiency standards nationwide). *The FCC,* Resnick argued, *lost.*
    Can't wait to hear the party of "state's rights" argue against this.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

states rights is just another dog whistle for racism. c'mon we all know this by now. its the ORIGINAL dog whistle for racism. it had never and will never actually be about states having rights.

You have an uncanny knack for killing my jokes