Page 1 of 228 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Politics

OT: Politics

I toyed with making this thread a couple weeks ago to keep everyone else from hating those of us who want to discuss politics, but figured it'd die down and wouldn't be brought up again.

Turns out there's more to say than I thought, so I figured we might move the discussion to its own thread so we don't clutter up the general OT.

If you don't wanna, feel free to ignore this.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    Good idea.

Since you brought it up: Topic du jour?
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Seems to me there's still a lot to be said about social security/retirement. I ain't wanna force anything.

But if it's done we could chat about this little ditty.

Quote Originally Posted by Transcript of NRA advertisement
    We are witnesses to the most ruthless attack on a president, and the people who voted for him, and the free system that allowed it to happen in American history. From the highest levels of government, to their media, universities and billionaires, their hateful defiance of his legitimacy is an insult to each of us. But the ultimate insult is that they think we’re so stupid that we’ll let them get away with it. These saboteurs, slashing away with their leaks and sneers, their phony accusations and gagging sanctimony, drive their daggers through the heart of our future, poisoning our belief that honest custody of our institutions will ever again be possible. So they can then build their utopia from the ashes of what they burned down. No, their fate will be failure and they will perish in the political flames of their own fires. We are the National Rifle Association of America. And we are Freedom's Safest Place.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Seems to me there's still a lot to be said about social security/retirement. I ain't wanna force anything.

But if it's done we could chat about this little ditty.

That's one way to look at things... Didn't know guns was an answer for fake news articles but I guess everyone has their opinion.

I wonder she'd feel the same if Trump tried to:

Attached Images Attached Images

Well. This is off to a great start.

Insider
    They have a point. It is rather heavy handed.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    They have a point. It is rather heavy handed.
    What exactly do they have a point on?

All joking aside, the ad they did will be effective to keep a large majority of trump voters on his side.

Watched this on vice a little while ago https://news.vice.com/story/journali...analysis-shows

Really interesting what mit has tracked on the media outlets and the lack of communication between both parties. Really highlights why we are experiencing this divide that is rapidly expanding, as it seems, just as nationalism seems to be becoming dangerous again around the world.