Page 164 of 228 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Time to eat our own! I'd say we should start with Ryan, but I'm pretty sure I'm actually the most moderate and therefore easiest to digest.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    Time to eat our own! I'd say we should start with Ryan, but I'm pretty sure I'm actually the most moderate and therefore easiest to digest.
    he's pretty lean though, you want a good marble in your steak, the fat holds the flavor.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Not to speak for him but I'd probably call Ryan a conservative, but then I also don't think I'm that far away from him on the political spectrum. He does have his finger on the pulse of the economy far more than I do.

its important to define terms. conservative on today's political spectrum is not what i would say ryan, or anyone here is. i would say that hardly any of us are really that liberal. the whole system pretty messed up because we have the conservative party of the USA acting hardly conservative in any way at all. they long since left actual conservative ideas behind. this means anyone with two brain cells to rub together, "conservative" or not, forced into a bucket on the left. i think ryan entertains more conservative policy positions than me, but i don't think he's a conservative. but that begs the question ... what is a conservative? if you ask pre-2016 you have a totally different answer than in 2019.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

there is literally nothing more pathetic and unmanly than being mad that someone is telling you not to be an asshole: https://wokesloth.com/gillette-viral...SHXdNXgHGAmulk

I don't really get anything about that commercial or the backlash because of it.

I get the commercial telling people to be better but I cant associate that to shaving products, might just be my ignorance of social norms....

I dont get how anyone can be upset at the commercial either, nor do I get why anyone actually gives a shit about a commercial at all, save for when a commercial is annoying as shit, just so strange what offends people now.

Whenever someone feels personally attacked by something like that, it's because they identify with the thing being attacked, they're just too scared to admit it.
    Last edited by AndrewTheWookie; 01-16-2019 at 12:20 AM.
    I don't know, fly casual

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
    Whenever someone feels personally attacked by something like that, it's because they identify with the thing being attacked, they're just too scared to admit it.
    this.

pro-tip, also why folks defend nazis.

The field of presidential candidates in the Democratic party is starting to grow, with recent official additions of Julian Castro, Kirsten Gillibrand, and Tulsi Gabbard. There have been some strong signs that Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, and Sherrod Brown are also deeply in the mix of shadow running without declaring. 538 has also mentioned the names of Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, Amy Klobuchar, Beto O'Rourke, and Elizabeth Warren.

Two years ago I think Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden would be high on my list, but the luster seems to have come off both candidates for me (more along the lines of "time passed" than "they did something wrong").

I think I'm most hopeful that we'll get a candidate that distinguishes themselves from the group of Harris, Booker, Klobuchar, Gillibrand, and Brown. My emotional response lends toward Gillibrand for Pres with Brown taking her VP spot. I really like Cory Booker, but I kind of hope he transforms into a Northeastern Super-Senator in the mold of Kennedy. I would be fine if the top of the ticket switched from Gillibrand to Klobuchar or maybe Harris, but my gut concerns are that Klobuchar may not show enough energy and Harris may be more reckless than exuberant.

I'd like to vote for a governor - I wish there were more candidates than Terry McAuliffe, Bullock, and Hickenlooper. I don't think any of the Rep candidates or Ojeda have a chance.

Who are you getting most excited about and why?

if the democrats were smart, they wouldn't do jack shit about running for president until the convention.

hear me out.

the reason why hillary was a "bad candidate" was because republicans knew she was going to run for president since the middle 1990s. and so they had nearly 25 years to throw shit at her. it was all bullshit. the emails, Benghazi, the affair, Clinton foundation, uranium 1, all of it was total hogwash ... but you throw shit at someone for 25 years, and some of it sticks. the only reason obama won, was because he was a nobody. so they didn't get a chance to throw shit at him for 25 years, they had less than a year.

the republican shit throwing machine is amazing, so powerful. and only become more powerful in the age of your uncle spreading fake news like he works for the fucking GRU.

we need to not let them focus on any dem candidate. they will destroy that poor person with bullshit. it will all be garbage, but it doesn't matter. the bullshit machine doesn't give a crap if something is actually an issue or not, even better if it isnt actually something to be mad about (see also, obama's choice in mustard). the FBI has evidence the president might have committed treason .... and we are concerned that a freshman house member said "motherfucker?" actually the more mundane the offense, the better.

if the dems are smart, you would stop anyone from declaring until like a month before the primaries.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 01-16-2019 at 10:19 AM.