Page 215 of 228 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

current theory is that the republicans want trump to help them in the GA runoff elections, and in order to do that, they need to placate him about this voter fraud because without trump and trump voters in GA, they lose the senate too.

but man, thats a dangerous game. its wildly irresponsible.

i also don't see trump having a bigger effect than he already had/has.

but republicans gonna republican. totally cool with ruining american institutions if it gains them anything at all politically.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Hey, if there is blood left in the stone, the Republicans generally will squeeze it out. Because why live for tomorrow, when you have to have "power" in the present?

When Karl Rove sounds like a voice of reason (op-ed in the WSJ) you know you?re on the darkest timeline.

Historically speaking, Dem turnout for GA run-offs is just tragic, but this isn't exactly a historically comparable year. I really hope Abrams can keep the base's enthusiasm up, because otherwise it's right back to where we started with Obama and an obstructionist senate. As for the Republicans, does Trump's base pack it up and sit it out cause he's done, or are they feeling angry about losing and looking to show up to vote again?
    Last edited by AndrewTheWookie; 11-13-2020 at 12:05 AM.
    I don't know, fly casual

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    When Karl Rove sounds like a voice of reason (op-ed in the WSJ) you know you?re on the darkest timeline.
    I know right? When the right hand of Satan says its over, you know its over...

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
    Historically speaking, Dem turnout for GA run-offs is just tragic, but this isn't exactly a historically comparable year. I really hope Abrams can keep the base's enthusiasm up, because otherwise it's right back to where we started with Obama and an obstructionist senate. As for the Republicans, does Trump's base pack it up and sit it out cause he's done, or are they feeling angry about losing and looking to show up to vote again?
    Small inroads. No matter what, the congress will always have opposition, and that is why, which i have to avree with Chris Wallace, the reps should focus the dems on more finite changes instead of the plethora of crazy left right and center ideas from all sides.

Trump isn't one to shy away from the public eye. He found a base, and they believe all his lies, beyond logic, and with the toying of a 2024 presidential run, it would pay to keep his base inflamed so that he can keep turning the up the pressure till the next election. Now his health is one factor, but trump knows how to market himself and bis ideas. Redemption? Vengeance? Biden just needs him to leave the white house before talk of 4 years from now

So much truth in that

Strange, that's not the 2020 read I've been seeing. I've seen more on the left claiming they want unity now than those on the right. Which strikes me as tremendously odd, since the right is so full of evil racist a-holes and such. But, you know, whatever works for folks.

yeah, im not seeing anyone on the right asking for unity right now.

most of them seem to calling for blood. literally. i think every speech i herd at "million" maga march was calling for violence in some way.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Well, the GoP is split pretty hard right now. You?ve got three camps among conservatives right now:

1.) Dear trump, you lost, pretend to be a leader and own it. We didn?t actually mean anything we?ve said or done for the last 4 years.
    2.) I?m pretty sure Biden won but I can?t say it out loud
    3.) Democrats owned slaves in 1800, something something nancy pelosi, the election was full of fraud but only in the presidential race don?t change senate counts, and only in the states we?re losing but regardless THERE WILL BE BLOODSHED