Page 78 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Politics

just herd on the radio tonight from a farmer impacted by the china tariffs "we are innocent by-standards, and didn't pick this for ourselves"

YES YOU FUCKING DID THE SECOND YOU CHECKED THE BOX FOR TRUMP YOU DIMWITTED FUCKING MORON.

god, there are no more pathetic whiny little bitchy children quite like trump voters. watching white men who give lectures on personal responsibility and "capitalism" become the most pathetic, stupid, excuse ridden slobs of humanity is both funny, and ultimately, supremely dangerous to the well being of our country. tyranny of impotent, boomer, white, male, rural fucktards will end us.

what pathetic stupidity.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Drain, drain, drain the swamp.

(Is something we can't do)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/09/opini...chs/index.html

shit .... stolen from electoral-vote.com:

One possible reason Mueller preferred Berman to Schneiderman is that Berman is no Democratic lackey, whereas Schneiderman is a partisan and ambitious Democrat. Berman is the former law partner of former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, and a stong Trump supporter. In 2016, Berman donated $5,400 to Trump's campaign, the legal maximum. He was appointed to his current position on an interim basis in January by AG Jeff Sessions, after being personally interviewed by Trump. Trump was planning to make Berman's appointment permanent, but after yesterday's raid, that appointment may be in danger. The mere fact that Berman would endanger his appointment to one of the most powerful and prestigious jobs in law enforcement suggests that the evidence presented to him was so overwhelming that he felt he had no choice but to carry out the raid.

no deep state conspiracy here. everyone involved was appointed by, of the same party, and in some cases actually donated the maximum amount to trump.

this shits real, and its real bad for trump.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Looks like the local governments are designating brand new houses in Wisconsin as "blighted" so they can use eminent domain to give the land to Foxconn for their factory.

http://beltmag.com/blighted-by-foxconn/

They're apparently still waiting on those $54k/yr jobs it was sold on.

Crooks and liars, the lot of them running the state.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

How about this one for a crook and liar: https://www.texastribune.org/2018/04...y-charges/amp/

Steve Stockman, a Republican former congressman from Texas, has been convicted of defrauding two conservative mega-donors and funneling their $1.25 million into personal and campaign expenses as part of what prosecutors have described as a *white collar crime spree.*
    Criminal, but I'm not sure I'll lose sleep over it.

The Houston-area former lawmaker's attorneys have claimed that the pair of conservative mega-donors who gave him that money intended for it to serve as campaign contributions and gave the former lawmaker broad leeway for using it. Prosecutors argued that Stockman promised that money would go to specific purposes * including *educating* voters and renovating a conservative *Freedom House* for interns * and that the former lawmaker used his credibility to mislead donors.
    I just want to know which direction the Freedom House's locks were intended to work, given most GoP naming conventions.

Not really losing sleep, but 23 felonies for a politician in the party that touts moral superiority. Seems legit.

I also ran across this: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/11/u...marijuana.html

Either it was a moral issue or it wasn't and whether or not you can profit shouldn't change your moral stance. To me, this makes more logical sense: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/11/n...alization.html.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Looks like the local governments are designating brand new houses in Wisconsin as "blighted" so they can use eminent domain to give the land to Foxconn for their factory.

http://beltmag.com/blighted-by-foxconn/

They're apparently still waiting on those $54k/yr jobs it was sold on.

Crooks and liars, the lot of them running the state.
    the foxconn con was a setup from the beginning. how anyone believed that would work out is proof positive conservatives are fucking morons.