Page 20 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Politics

Psh. Politics doesn't solve problems. At most it treats symptoms.

Insider
    Quoting this for posterity, just in case you realize how wrong it is.
    What happens if I am right?

Addition: I realize, but wasn't very clear in the related post, that we are talking about incoming radiation and outgoing radiation, which are different things, yes. In that, you can't just add them up. But as you start counting by the 1wm^2 of energy balance, it is always good to keep things relative, and to see what energy is going in vs out in compatible units.
    Last edited by pbjosh; 11-14-2017 at 03:50 PM.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Insider
    we are in stage 2 of republican policy prevention:

stage 1: accept there is a problem and propose a conservative market based solution
    stage 2: when the left finally adopts and is OK with conservative solution, switch to denying that there was a problem in the first place
    stage 3: deny the problem for long enough, so that way it is now unfixable
    stage 4: use this as evidence that some other problem cannot possibly be solved either
    Stage 5: PROFIT
    stage 6: rinse and repeat

see also: healthcare policy, gun rights, sexual assault/harassment etc
    Fixed it for ya - ha! If you are going to play with stereotypes, you have to add at least the most obvious one, that they are all greedy. Skipping that you might as well accept they have a pulse and all of that BS.
    Last edited by pbjosh; 11-14-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    What happens if I am right?

Addition: I realize, but wasn't very clear in the related post, that we are talking about incoming radiation and outgoing radiation, which are different things, yes. In that, you can't just add them up. But as you start counting by the 1wm^2 of energy balance, it is always good to keep things relative, and to see what energy is going in vs out in compatible units.
    Not the only problem in there.

Insider
    Nope. But a lot of that is opinion, and the facts are not all formed yet.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

So another senseless mass shooting in a small town, this is more than ridiculous, really not that I want my rights taken away but we need some real serious testing and laws to prevent people who can't responsibly own guns from owning them.

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Nope. But a lot of that is opinion, and the facts are not all formed yet.
    There's a difference between opinion and wrong. What you presented wasn't subjective.

But I'm glad you acknowledge your objections to rigorous full-time research are opinion-based.

Insider
    There's a difference between opinion and wrong. What you presented wasn't subjective.
    But I'm glad you acknowledge your objections to rigorous full-time research are opinion-based.
    While that left an opening for a clever retort, and I can't blame you for taking it, you of course took that instead of constructive reasoning, and came to the wrong conclusion.

What I am saying, and have said, is that the science is still young, and items like high resolution satellite data collecting are young and have only one source, models are of poor quality and obviously use a wrong theory, the Surface Station resolution as used by the GCRN is of poor quality, TSI collection and processes are just now being explored and examined.

Making a judgement, or taking these conclusion as facts, is widely premature. I accept that my conclusions are based on facts that often conflict with other ones. There has to be a strong, robust foundation to work from, and they are not. The Mann paper shows that the IPCC models used for nearing on the last 30 years have all used a theory that was flawed.

The recent work looking at solar output and weather has resulted in hundreds of peer reviewed papers that show a link where people we not looking for almost 30 years.

The OCO-2 satellite just went up and doesn't even have 2 years worth of data yet!

We are just starting this. Jumping to conclusions, trying to use carbon credits to redistribute wealth, to say there is a consensus is premature. There just shouldn't be the room for somebody skeptical to be skeptical if that were true.

The Mann paper says, strongly, that we spent 30 years chasing the wrong understanding. I am willing to say I am wrong, the problem is the supporting evidence really says we don't 'KNOW' things yet, and any confidence is false.
    Last edited by pbjosh; 11-15-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by Florypb505 View Post
    So another senseless mass shooting in a small town, this is more than ridiculous, really not that I want my rights taken away but we need some real serious testing and laws to prevent people who can't responsibly own guns from owning them.
    Before we can get to that stage people need to learn that one of the foundations of American jurisprudence is that rights are not boundless.