Page 121 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    then the answer is even easier .... don't lock up babies and force them to represent themselves in court.

easy peasy chicken breezy.
    What legal mechanism do you use and what does it actually say?

Insider
    I showed it earlier - I linked to the actual bill. I copied the text out of it that pertains to kids. Still he thinks it is something else.

I have to say, I have enjoyed this forum since I decided to totally ignore Gordon. You should try it.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    The impossible question in many ways regarding illegal immigration - how to humanely deal with the issue without creating incentives

there is no law or regulation requiring that you separate newborn children from there mothers, and force them to represent themselves in court.

so, you just don't do it.

im confused.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by d0cwho View Post
    The impossible question in many ways regarding illegal immigration - how to humanely deal with the issue without creating incentives
    not really an impossible question.

what you do is you lower barriers to legal immigration. capitalism 101.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

not really an impossible question.

what you do is you lower barriers to legal immigration. capitalism 101.
    You can only lower them so much based on available jobs, etc. You will still have people trying to enter illegally on the totally legitimate basis of trying to make their lives better. You have to place some limits. Reasonable people can disagree what that limit is.

Quote Originally Posted by d0cwho View Post
    You can only lower them so much based on available jobs, etc. You will still have people trying to enter illegally on the totally legitimate basis of trying to make their lives better. You have to place some limits. Reasonable people can disagree what that limit is.
    i agree there should be limits. our current limits though are pretty insane.

they come here for jobs, as the jobs dry up, so will the immigration ... again, its capitalism 101. economically motivated immigration will self correct. immigration was lowest after the 2008 crash ... for what should appear to be obvious reasons to any capitalist.

there is no law or regulation requiring that you separate newborn children from there mothers, and force them to represent themselves in court.

so, you just don't do it.

im confused.
    Then what policy change is causing it to happen?

Then what policy change is causing it to happen?
    trump admin decided to do it.

nothing forced them to.

do you believe there is a law or regulation that requires this treatment?
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 11-02-2018 at 11:11 AM.

trump admin decided to do it.

nothing forced them to.

do you believe there is a law or regulation that requires this treatment?
    The same thing happened under the Obama administration. Josh already showed you that.

How exactly do you think the "Trump admin decided to do it?" They passed a policy that says "Under the authority of executive order, we will now separate newborn children from there mothers, and force them to represent themselves in court?"