Page 200 of 228 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

On the upside of all this, the next time a republican complains about the ?rule of law? you can laugh very loudly in their face.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    On the upside of all this, the next time a republican complains about the ?rule of law? you can laugh very loudly in their face.
    you can already do this on almost every topic. trump shows the GOP never actually cared about most things. just white, christian, male power.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Definitely not surprised at this point, wish we had competent leadership.

Actually forget leadership; just a competent administrator would be an enormous improvement. People are going to die because of this asshat and the people who support him.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...upplies-2020-3

Definitely not surprised at this point, wish we had competent leadership.

Actually forget leadership; just a competent administrator would be an enormous improvement. People are going to die because of this asshat and the people who support him.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...upplies-2020-3
    its already in-baked. people already have died and are certain to die.

remember, less than 2 weeks ago republicans, and trump, and fox news were calling it all a hoax.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

now republicans have gone full Goebbels .... old people, people with respiratory issues, and about 2% of everyone else, including down to the age of 30, should be sacrificed to make the rich, richer.

republicans are just villains now. there is no concealing it. there is no veneer. there is no intellectualism. no one matters beside rich white dudes, and by rich i mean more money than anyone here makes or probably will ever make. everyone else is is purely sacrificial. your life, your wealth, what youve worked on your entire life, none of it matters. when push comes to shove they will steal billions from you (500 billion this time), cut there own taxes, kill your healthcare, KILL YOU, and make you bail yourself out and blame you when they destroy the economy. god forbid you be anything other than a wage slave, have a health issue? fuck you, die. have a bad 6 months? loose everything, get fucked, and then die. lose your job? here's 1200 bucks, fuck you. want sick time during a pandemic while handling every package being shipped everywhere across the globe? get fucked, then die.

they are ... just villains at this point.

they have there own ventilators, what, dying while begging for a hospital bed is a bad thing? get fucked, be more patriotic, buy your own ventilator. die in the hallway like a true american.

if the trump years have done anything, its exposed what I always knew about republicans. they were just a veneer over fascism. its that simple.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 03-26-2020 at 12:06 PM.

At this point everyone here knows my general opinion on the GoP, so I don?t think I need to qualify that.

That said, there is non-negligible human suffering occurring as a result of this shutdown. Something like 3 million have filed for unemployment. It?s hitting low wage workers far more than it hits people like you or I, who can either work from home or have enough saved to weather this for a few months.

Unfortunately the real solution would have been to kill DJT?s ego about 3 months ago and get testing up and running in a timely fashion, but that would have required him to admit that America doesn?t have divine providence and he?s not bigly the greatest at everything, forever.

We do need to put more focus on what we can do to get businesses up and running again. Testing, testing, testing. Hygiene training and supplies. Support for those who are positive and self-isolating. Forget the markets, people?s livelihoods are crumbling.

trump is arguing that testing is no longer necessary most places. FYI.

only way to win at this point is south koreas method. test rigorously, quarantine, while social distancing until you turn the tide.

but we are too far for that now. ICUs are going to fill up, and care will need to be rejected for high risk persons, leaving them to die. the math doesn't lie, we were purposefully unprepared, and its too late now to shut everything truly down, or test enough folks. its gonna be bad. current estimate is that MN will run out ICU beds in 8 weeks.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 03-26-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    trump is arguing that testing is no longer necessary most places. FYI.
    It's gonna get ugly.

Last edited by PBSteve; 03-26-2020 at 04:26 PM.

I don't see many businesses shut down where I am. Majority of everything has been listed as "essential", nail salons, barbers, clothing stores, bs shops, and amusement places like those trampoline parks seem to be the only things that are not open.

I have been going out to local restaurants every day for lunch the last few weeks, my job buys us lunch daily from a rotating list of restaurants, but right now I kind of want to see the vibe in the place I am getting food from before I handle it and eat it.

Traffic has been reduced in and around my office and the city in general though, I feel a big reduction in that is the reduction to tourism, I can actually drive to Queens, which is like 36 miles in under 2 hours, a massive difference to the usual 3-4 hour trip from the office to a site out there.

It's gonna get ugly.

very. very ugly.