Page 205 of 228 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Voting could become a sham, though.
    ** More of a sham

State lawmakers are calling for an investigation into how three tubs of undelivered absentee ballots from Fox Valley voters were found after Tuesday's election.

Sen. Dan Feyen, R-Fond du Lac, who represents the 18th Senate District that includes Oshkosh, said Wednesday that after he filed a complaint with the Wisconsin Elections Commission, he learned a U.S. Postal Service worker called the commission to report finding "three large tubs of absentee ballots from voters" in Oshkosh and Appleton.
    I love the lipservice this cocksucker is paying to being "concerned", after his party brought the suit to the supreme court to kill an extension for absentee voting.

https://www.thenorthwestern.com/stor...on/2969208001/
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    what is confusing exactly for you? you do understand the difference between desire and prediction right?
    You are confusing. I desire checks and balances, but any political appointee will succumb to the government machinations. I can not predict what will happen as the country, nee the world is in total chaos. So much misinformation, so much chaos and so much hysteria is presemt now.

IMHO, trump could have done many things to make himself better in the eyes of the public. A message to the public to assure the country that the things tbat are being done are for the good. That he has the best people in position to greatly effect this, for the good. But his ego gets i the way, he must be either pointing the finger at everyone but himself(shown by reporters bringing up quotes from him, then trump lying abiut not saying it, fake news, etc), but first in line to break an arm on giving himself a pat on the back, for a good job.

Trump has never deviated from himself. He was a mess when he began his run, giving the country quips, catchy quotes, disinformation and ingenuous statements about everything, while slyly avoid any real issue. Hell, the simple fact that this supposed businessman "genius" can't seem to hire anyone but yes people, who he throws out as soon as they bring up a contradictory point. That lack of stability should really put fear into the eyes of public, who should understand that personnel chaos is not a good way of running anything. Yet, people like his brashness, people like his "not a politician" attitude. He stands because he gives people a cause to rally around and would be surprised to learn that those are the same tactics that Hitler used to be elected chancellor. Hitler built the Autobabn, trump did a wall. Both useless to a fashion, at the time(germany wmhad like 10% the population owning cars, trump's wall is just an overpriced wall).

So, you really need to focus on what the issue is. The GOP is and will always be, exactly what it is. Try to convince those people who are on the fence, who are unsure, who make up the majority in the evils of a 2nd term.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    IMHO, trump could have done many things to make himself better in the eyes of the public. A message to the public to assure the country that the things tbat are being done are for the good. That he has the best people in position to greatly effect this, for the good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    He was a mess when he began his run, giving the country quips, catchy quotes, disinformation and ingenuous statements about everything, while slyly avoid any real issue. Hell, the simple fact that this supposed businessman "genius" can't seem to hire anyone but yes people, who he throws out as soon as they bring up a contradictory point. That lack of stability should really put fear into the eyes of public, who should understand that personnel chaos is not a good way of running anything.
    I am confused.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I am confused.
    I was showing counterpoints. While i wanted & still want a good, ruthless businessman who sees the job of presidency as purely a business that is operating in the red, & turn it around to be in the black. This, from my point of view, is one of the aspects that Trump ran and won under, he is far from being my ideal or any ideal of being a businessman and treating the job as a business, not as a title position where he has no rules, no regulations and an do anything he wants.

And, trump, again, IMHO, could have shown some compassion, some sort of intelligence of pulling the chaos of this pandemic into a rallying point, to show the naysayers & opposition that he is making the best decisions for the good of the country, instead of his blatant lies, finger pointing, obfuscation, and general apathy towards listening & going with educated opinions of individuals who know what best to do in this situatuon. You know, like doctors, medical professionals. That is, make the press conferences about the doctors that are leading the way, telling us what to do, how to do it and what we should be doing, instead of touting medicines that he as a businessman, know nothing about, less of who is to blame, the reporters asking valid questions or evenanything not germaine to the virus.. Again, with a modicum of humility and no ego, he could have turn his approval ratings around, instead of maintaining their low levels.
    Last edited by Nobody; 04-11-2020 at 03:20 AM.

"Jared and his friends decided they were going to do their thing," a senior government official involved in the response effort told NBC News of the group collectively called "the children" inside the Federal Emergency Management Agency headquarters where they worked. "It cost weeks."

CBS News' 60 Minutes spoke with Peter Navarro, Trump's trade adviser and newly minted supply-chain manager, about why the Trump administration appeared to be caught flat-footed by the pandemic. "In his new role, Navarro is in charge of the federal response of getting personal protective equipment, or PPE, for America's medical workers," Bill Whitaker said to set up a clip in 60 Minutes Overtime. "Navarro was at times more interested in questioning 60 Minutes' record than in discussing preparations the Trump administration made for this global pandemic."
    Snowflakes can't handle an ounce of criticism.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/90840...ss-under-obama

Ummm, wow.

When will these trump people learn that defecting criticism is only making themselves look bad?

Last edited by PBSteve; 04-15-2020 at 02:56 AM.

do you not grasp whats happening here? of course the traditional 2nd amendment folks dont have an issue with trump asserting supreme power. the boog isn't about a dictatorship or preventing tyranny of just anyone, its about structures that protect white, straight, christian mens social status. no need to rebel against trump, he's enforcing the social structure the traditional 2nd amendment folks want.

the traditional second amendment folks beg for the tyranny they claim to hate, so long as it elevates or protects there social status. we see this also with the worship of police when they do violence against minorities. the same police who will come and take there guns, the love, as long as they keep enforcing the social status of the white, middle class, christian, man.

in other words ... racism.

guys, its just racism. the trump years have taught it us it was always just racism.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 04-15-2020 at 09:40 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I?m well aware that a significant portion, if not a majority of them would line up behind Trump for the aforementioned reasons. But that?s not pithy like a meme is.

Doesn't whoever rally behind those individuals or structures that support their own agendas? If anything, other than stories of people who view that the various gun stores are essential businesses, fighting to stay open because people will invade their homes for TP & hand sanitizer, so they need to protect themselves, what does the 2nd amendment have anything to do with what is happening now?

Most legal gun owners want the government out of their lives, not to go hand in hand down the road. If responsible people wish to turn money in loud bangs, so what? They want to be left alone, with no interference. It is the outliers that bring this up, because they are fearful for what they do.

The white, middle class christian as you put it, is only one aspect of the whole. Its not racism, it is classicism. To a point, any group of like minded people do this. iPhone vs android, windows vs mac vs linux OSs, import vs domestic cars. All those people need someone, something to tell them they are right(when it doesn't matter) and the others are wrong. Hell, look at the snears of the "country club" elite on new members. The stereotypes go long and hard, because of face value, because they are a real thing. So you will align yourself with whatever let's you keep what you have without loosing anything.

And minorities vs police? Most of them are doing or have done something to deserve the attention. Illegal guns, illegal drugs, not following the laws, whatever. I knew a cop that was working in Ferguson when all the shit was happening. Rarely was their talk of how everyday, a shot at the police would ring out, or how so understaffed & stressed the officers were that, there comes a breaking point. Rarely do you see the cases of justifiable incidents of police where those people did not listen, did not do as instructed & the consequences hapoened. Yes, news of bad police, police that were wrong and did the wrong things should be known, but not all police are bad, & not all minorities are good. And most police aren't white, christian, or even whatever you feel to paint them.