Page 188 of 228 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    I do wish the author had expanded upon this point rather than drop it in:

But the U.S. can in essence pull in more resources from abroad, finance greater spending and consumption with additional borrowing, and still pay off its bills in orderly fashion without bankrupting the future. Our grandchildren can inherit both the debt and the government bonds.
    What is the mechanism for that to happen? Is this basically arguing to borrow debt and invest the cash as an asset?

https://www.courthousenews.com/senat...Y_IwZgUQYS50nQ

WASHINGTON (CN) * Republican Senator Lindsey Graham broke longstanding congressional rules Thursday to advance a complete overhaul of U.S. asylum requirements, a bill that would authorize the United States to detain immigrant children indefinitely.
    Say it with me now: Racist bootlickers.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    Mechanism is just GDP growth outrunning debt growth

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    https://www.courthousenews.com/senat...Y_IwZgUQYS50nQ

Say it with me now: Racist bootlickers.
    its just fascism. pure and simple.

we always thought republicans were closet fascists, racists and misogynists. but frankly, im still a bit surprised they proclaim it so loudly under trump. the trump era certainly is interesting, the unmasking of republican party, and republican voters for what they have covered up, obscured and only hinted at for 50 years. its kinda shocking just how fast its all happening.

when i was learning about the constitution in middle school, the teacher asked us after going through all the different articles, if there was a way for the united states to become a monarchy. no one raised there hand, except for me. i was called on and i said it could happen overnight, if congress voted to have it happen, we could be a monarchy over night.

i never actually thought that was possible, but republicans .... there is no bottom. there is no bottom. the ends always justify the means, the means are fascism, and the ends are racism, and sexism.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 08-02-2019 at 09:25 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

You forgot greed.

The Committee*s first interim staff report explained that whistleblowers inside the White House expressed alarm about corporate interests attempting to use their influence with the Trump Administration to bypass these concerns in order to serve their own financial interests in building nuclear reactors in Saudi Arabia. The Committee received documents bolstering the whistleblowers* accounts and showing frequent communications between these corporate interests and Trump Administration officials.

Overall, the new documents obtained by the Committee reveal that, with regard to Saudi Arabia, the Trump Administration has virtually obliterated the lines normally separating government policymaking from corporate and foreign interests. The documents show the Administration*s willingness to let private parties with close ties to the President wield outsized influence over U.S. policy towards Saudi Arabia. These new documents raise serious questions about whether the White House is willing to place the potential profits of the President*s friends above the national security of the American people and the universal objective of preventing the spread of nuclear weapons.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

* Moscow Mitch told Obama that if Obama informed the public of Russia's attempt to interfere with the 2016 election, Mitch would claim it was a lie and tell the public it was a political stunt to get Hillary elected.

* Moscow Mitch has since blamed Obama for not being tough enough on Russia during the election.

* A bipartisan group of Congress blocked an attempted deal between a Russian mobster and Trump admin. Moscow Mitch prevented them from blocking the deal and now that Russian Mobster is building a $200 million factory in Mitch's home state. This monster has ties to Paul Manafort, Trump's campaign manager.

* 2 of Moscow Mitch's former staffers worked as lobbyists for the Russian Mob's factory.

* Moscow Mitch has blocked two efforts to prevent Russia from interfering in upcoming elections. Also blocking a requirement that campaigns report to the FBI when a foreign government offers to help influence an election.

actually we have some off roaders out these parts. heres the plan, tell me how bad an idea it is:

want to build an art car for burning man and other burns. and dont want it to just look mad max, but actually be a functional thing. IE big alternator to power a good sized converter for running sound systems and other goodies off of. it also needs to at least reasonably suited for off roading. not doing anything major, but muddy roads, etc. so here is the plan: buy junked 1.6 miata. weld the diff. 3 inch lift kit. 31 inch off road tires, cut the fenders to fit. for funsies probably a winch front and back. that really aught to make it pretty viable for mild off roading. buster bars up front, roll bar, and skip plates.

then the next step would be mad max it. also, propane fireburners, sound system (ie as a stage/venue), etc.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    You had me at lifted Miata. I don't know if you can find a crazy tall rear end to offset the 31s but might be worthwhile

well i bought the junked 1.6 ... its a "drift" car, and it drifts super well. welded diff, stripped etc.

probably dont have the budget for build until this winter, but im excited.

No other website makes me feel quite so much like I know nothing in comparison to Lawfare Blog. But the content is fascinating and therefore I keep on reading it. I hope that I'll eventually get to the point where I'm not having to read some of their articles two or three times for comprehension. I wanted to revisit part of the Mueller report that I don't think gets enough press -

https://www.lawfareblog.com/report-e...aign-and-leaks
    Episode three is entitled "The Campaign and the Leaks." It covers the Trump campaign involvement in the distribution of hacked materials. No American took part in the actual Russian hacking of Democratic emails, but when it came to actually releasing the stolen emails, the story is more complicated. First, the Trump campaign and associates had a number of direct and indirect interactions with Wikileaks about releases of stolen materials. And second, in what may be the most bizarre escapade of the entire Mueller report, the Trump campaign, including Trump himself, set out on a wild goose chase to get probably-fake Clinton emails from probably fake Russian hackers*even as real Russian hackers were busily releasing real Clinton campaign emails.