Page 34 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Politics

Damn, the GoP is so freaking good at messaging.

Dems need to ditch the high road and get on that shit.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Oh so thats what the college educated call truth now ?

Might be one of the reasons why free speech is dead on most college campuses now.

Just ask any conservative thats been asked to come give a speech, and had the event cancelled because of danger from the marxist young turks threatening bodily harm to said speaker.

Man I hope you are not referring to this gaping dickhole with his hitler youth haircut

Last edited by Florypb505; 12-16-2017 at 12:18 AM.

I guess in charge was wrong wording, in control would have been a better choice.

They are in charge by virtue of the laws/regulations.

The government is good at breaking things and killing people and that's about all they are good at......
    I recommend you read up on the history of the great depression and Samuel Insull.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Damn, the GoP is so freaking good at messaging.

Dems need to ditch the high road and get on that shit.
    seriously, THIS

they go low, we go lower. going high only ever got us fucked. the thought that republicans would act honorably and legitimately in public service was a farce.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Oh so thats what the college educated call truth now ?

Might be one of the reasons why free speech is dead on most college campuses now.

Just ask any conservative thats been asked to come give a speech, and had the event cancelled because of danger from the marxist young turks threatening bodily harm to said speaker.
    is this what passes for a conservatives argument these days?

no wonder our country is in the shitter, and going down fast.

nothing funnier than a conservative claiming liberals killed free speech .... meanwhile the CDC is not allowed to use the word "fetus" or "transgender" anymore ... lol. lets keep our eye on the ball here poeple. a bunch of hippies being stupid isn't a threat to the country .... censoring our fundamental scientific research institutions is. ie, one cannot pose the left as anti-intellectual, while also being actually anti-intellectual.

EDIT: further clarification.

what dumb college kids do really doesn't matter and i really don't care. a bunch of college kids wanting to punch a nazi ... i really don't care. ultimately it doesn't matter.

now, what folks are doing at the highest levels of our government, that matters. censoring our greatest research institutions, that matters. funding basic science without a political bias, that matters. having data to make good decisions on gun violence, climate change, nuclear reactors, the results of foreign policy decisions, these things matter. our national security is important, and that means we need the CIA, NSA, and FBI doing there jobs well, we need smart people in charge of them, not political hacks. our judges need to know and understand law.

these are things that matter. these are the things that the anti-intellectual right is attacking on a daily basis.

so color me unimpressed that a bunch of 19 year old hippies want to punch a nazi, as criticism of the left. spare me the stupidity. if a 19 year old doing something stupid is what your concerned about, well, sucks to suck,
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 12-16-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Florypb505 View Post
    Man I hope you are not referring to this gaping dickhole with his hitler youth haircut

my personal favorite was the right getting pissed off at the new wolfenstien game.

like really, we regressed so far, that killing nazis in a video game isn't ok anymore. and they claim we are the ones who's PC culture is a problem? no clearly, they actually don't think its OK to kill nazis in a video game.

nothing more snowflake than conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Florypb505 View Post

So in your mind conservatives are neo nazis ?

Thats a pretty sad mindset if thats the case.

I dont consider Richard Spencer a conservative at all, he is a proven racist.

Unlike all the BLM and fascist antifa shouting about Trump being racist with zero proof, because he wants to secure the border from ms13 and the drug lords etc....

I was talking about the speeches by Ann Coulter, David Horowitz and Milo Yiannopoulos that have been canceled at UC Berkeley.

But thanks for playing.

endeavor to persevere.......

fascist antifa
    lol
    I don't know, fly casual

zero proof
    lol
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

So in your mind conservatives are neo nazis ?

Thats a pretty sad mindset if thats the case.

I dont consider Richard Spencer a conservative at all, he is a proven racist.

Unlike all the BLM and fascist antifa shouting about Trump being racist with zero proof, because he wants to secure the border from ms13 and the drug lords etc....

I was talking about the speeches by Ann Coulter, David Horowitz and Milo Yiannopoulos that have been canceled at UC Berkeley.

But thanks for playing.

David Horowitz - A once hippie/communist, from NY who's Girlfriend got beat to death by some scumbags during their time with the black panther party and almost instantly turned conservative who went on to develop a history of being around prominent white supremacist leaders.

Milo Yiannopoulos - Is a British political stunt man who is apparently now a white supremacist who is gay and married to a black guy. That dude is either a satirical genius who gamed his way straight into the alt-right hearts or he is just an attention whore of the worst kind, could be both as well.

Ann Coulter - Possibly the actual reincarnation of Eva Braun, and as much of an attention whore as anyone could be.

Personally I dont give a shit if these people are allowed to speak whatever trash they think of and milk money out of whoever is following them, but I also have no problem with people going against them. Funny enough all of these people have been linked to prominent white supremacists and/or white supremacist campaigns, and they want to speak at a diverse college like UC Berkley and did not except blowback? Freedom of speech is a 2 way street, these other gaping dickholes have a right to spew any nonsense that they want, but the people who caused the uproar against them have the same right to say whatever they want. Those people just got caught in the publicity stunt.

Plenty of conservatives speak at colleges for things, White Supremacists masking themselves as "conservatives" wanting to speak at a college basically knowing it will cause a publicized uproar to sell their brand of themselves more really shouldnt be considered the same thing. Don't let these people con you into thinking that they care about anything more than the money going into their own bank accounts, like the good conservative capitalists that they claim to be.
    Last edited by Florypb505; 12-17-2017 at 11:39 PM.