Page 44 of 228 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
    Random weather ≠ climate.
    Despite his post being completely devoid of anything representing an argument, that's not going to persuade him.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

And besides that, even if he knew anthropogenic climate change we're occurring, I seriously doubt he would care.

Actually probably not far from the actual situation of most people who reject climate change.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

Insider
    Been busy guys! What have I missed?

(reads) Oh boy.

Lets see.

On the white issue Gordon and Steve, my comment is not not white males being anything. It is on the simple problem that the Left side of the argument is plain and simple being racists. it is a hypocrisy. Change White with Black and yeah, that would get an editor fired.

If you are identifying a group and judging them by race, then you are being racist. Trying to turn it into white tears really is ludicrous. It is racism. Pure and hateful and coming from the same mindset of judging a group by it's race.

That being said, the left side of the arguments of what is racist on the left, is exactly the reason I said Knee Jerk Reaction. This is why the Left is kind of a laughing stock when it comes to the race issue:

Trees: http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2017/1...e-palm-springs
    Disney Movies: http://www.vh1.com/news/310/racist-disney-movies/
    Elizabeth Warren: https://www.theroot.com/why-calling-...xpl-1820802836
    Milk: http://theconversation.com/milk-a-sy...azi-hate-83292
    Math: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...nois-professor
    Science: https://www.dailywire.com/news/10000...joshua-yasmeh#
    Jingle Bells: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/15...ssor-says.html
    Lucky Charms: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...charms-n693232
    Don't Tread On Me: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5b116a1b055e
    Showing Up on Time: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/12/pu...ime-is-racist/

Now, for Judge Moore, I think you guys have it backwards.

Judge Moore is a supremely flawed characheter. Reason did the best fisking I have seen yet. This is so fantastic that you all want to see it (13 Non-Pedophile Reasons You Can Hate Roy Moore):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1TGn0UfFpE

This guy is horrid. And has a ton of allegations against him. Like, I can understand punching him in the face.

And you know what, the Democrats suck so figgen bad he actually had a chance.

So far, the underfunded Democratic Party has tried so throw some serious money at every GOP state and local candidate, every time seeking some sort of mandate against Trump. And they failed until they finally found one who is so flawed they could beat him, then go around trumpeting it like it is a serious win.

This guy SUCKS. And still it almost wasn't a thing.

As Glenn Reynolds says, don't get cocky kid. This should have been an easy win, and it was close. It almost didn't happen without a huge media circus. And LOTS of money.
    HUNTSVILLE, Ala. -- Democrat Doug Jones has raised far more money than Republican Roy Moore for the U.S. Senate special election, according to campaign finance reports the candidates filed with the Federal Election Commission.

The filings cover the period between Oct. 1 and Nov. 22.

The Jones campaign reported raising nearly $9.8 million, while Moore's campaign reported $1.7 million in contributions.
    Accept that the DNC is flawed. Accept that they need a change. They barely beat this piss poor candidate. Glad he loss.

And Hillary is a LARGE part of that Gordon. All of the BS about Hillary being a decent pres (shakes head), that you don't want to accept that says a lot. There is a corruption there, a dark pit, that you really are avoiding. Hillary is the most competent, connected political animal ever. Fantastic. I am hugely impressed. Don't think I count her stupid, she is exactly the opposite. But she is also 1984, in huge sections. That might be what you want - but she also scares the fuck out of me in some ways. In a way the verbally incompetent boob Trump doesn't. And a lot of people see that. That really is the big issue. Lot us are scared of the uncritical eye thrown to Hillary. In some ways, the unfettered hate thrown from the Media towards Trump is great. I love it in a way. Never has a president been so scrutinized. The media never would do that to Obama or Hillary. It is unfair, but damn, part of me is happy to see it. Instead of just taking the lies as truth and allowing them to get away with literal murder and making really shit choices. Like Libya.

It is time for a change. Stop accepting flawed options.

Those of you ignoring Haidt - he has a HUGE body of work. And has been spot on. Ignoring it or just saying it is not important is really leaving yourself ignorant of what is going on.

Haidt was a liberal. Actual, open minded, inquisitive, thoughtful. Smart guy. Dyed in the wool. You should listen. As Sun Tzu said:
    If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    If you want better politics, it doesn't help to be ignorant. Even for all the arguments I make for the right, it is mostly because I find the left the most ignorant. It makes for a divided, biased environment. That makes it bad. There is a blind spot the left has, and Haidt identifies, that is hurting the US as a whole right now.

LEARN. Or there is more Trump. Tons of more Trump. And allowing the bashing of a race, white or otherwise, will not help. Avoiding and bashing and calling people racist won't help. That just feeds the divide, feeds to problem. It is Shit Memeing the whole thing.

More people agree than disagree. The problems are nuanced, and listening isn't happening.

'Being Gordon' is just fucking it up.

LEARN the other side. Listen to those who disagree with you. Then actually reply with the understanding that you understand THEIR position. Then explain yours.

That is how you win. Come on guys. This is How to Win Friends and Influence People.

Get you out of a mental rut, give you new thoughts, new visions, new ambitions.
    Enable you to make friends quickly and easily.
    Increase your popularity.
    Help you to win people to your way of thinking.
    Increase your influence, your prestige, your ability to get things done.
    Enable you to win new clients, new customers.
    Increase your earning power.
    Make you a better salesman, a better executive.
    Help you to handle complaints, avoid arguments, keep your human contacts smooth and pleasant.
    Make you a better speaker, a more entertaining conversationalist.
    Make the principles of psychology easy for you to apply in your daily contacts.
    Help you to arouse enthusiasm among your associates.
    I believe you guys are better than this closed minded bickering. You guys are smart. Why are you so ignorant of the other side? Only because you don't want to succeed in your argument? Really?

If the Left could understand their job is to pull Morals forward, while accepting that others don't hold those morals YET, but will come around, instead of trying to shame and belittle them like a friggen Baptist, then they could really get somewhere.

As for using the term Climate Change, what a BS position. Totally, full of it BS position.

There is always climate change. Might as well say sky is blue, clouds are not. Sorry, but the position is AGW - Anthropogenic Global Warming - caused by humans.

'The Position' is the that the Earth is warming because of CO2. That is the position. Not climate change. WARMING. All models? Warming. All predictions? Warming. How is it going to kill people, and animals, and fish, and coral? Warming.

That means there should be no arctic ice, no snow, no cooling. You want links to those prediction or can you remember those on your own? We have had 30 years of predictions of warming. Why the F do you think people sneer at Climate Change as a title? What a F-ing crock. What a cop out. Come on Warmists! Stop trying to brand your position as vanilla when it is WARMING. Be friggin PROUD of it your 'scientific' friggin ALARMIST position instead of trying to pussy foot around 'Cooling is warming' and 'all climate is warming' bullshit. Embrace it or accept we realize it as the painting the pig with lipstick it really is.

Now, to actual science instead of branding:

What we have going on is a Negative Arctic Oscillation (AO).

The problem is, if the Models and Theory were right, we would have a Positive AO, do to the higher warming and pressure in the 300mBar range in the tropics. That produces a 'straighter' jet stream, as shown as the Positive AO.

Right now, it isn't, so we are embracing the 10 degree suck and my mom, in Alaska, is asking if we want to visit to warm up.

Again, Empirical proof that the Theory and Models are not holding up.

Why do you insist on calling the guy with empirical data stupid, and following the models which have been solidly incorrect?

Data people! Come on!

Miss me yet?
    Last edited by pbjosh; 01-02-2018 at 09:29 AM.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

I disagree.

I'm out.

Insider
    AH, I had pics and everything for ya steve!

Here is the pics from 2014, showing the negative AO at 300 mB:

And the AO range over the last few decades:

And then 1977's weak AO shown:

Edit addition:

Oh, the solar cycle cloud thingy. Turns out it has an effect in, well... Uranus. Oh stop snickering.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...7GL075374/full

https://phys.org/news/2017-12-sun-re...rightness.html

The researchers found that, once the planet's long and strange seasons are taken into account, it appears brighter and dimmer over a cycle of 11 years. This is the regular cycle of solar activity which also affects sun spots.

Karen Aplin of Oxford University's Department of Physics carried out the research with Giles Harrison, an atmospheric physicist from the Department of Meteorology at the University of Reading.

Dr. Aplin said: "The atmosphere around Uranus is one of the coldest in the solar system, but still contains clouds and ice, like our own atmosphere here on Earth.

"The changing brightness of the planet shows that something is happening to the clouds. We have found that the change is caused by two processes.

"One is chemical, caused as fluctuating levels of UV sunlight alters the colour of particles in the atmosphere. The other is due to high-speed particles from outside the solar system, known as galactic cosmic rays, bombarding the atmosphere and influencing the formation of clouds."

The scientists used data from telescopes on Earth, as well as cosmic rays measured by the Voyager 2 spacecraft, to make their assessment.

Professor Harrison said: "The sun has a magnetic field, diverting cosmic rays away from the solar system, including here on Earth. This protection is reduced when solar activity is at its lowest every 11 years, meaning more cosmic radiation gets through.

"The atmosphere of Uranus is, like Neptune's, effectively a giant 'cloud chamber," able to respond to the incoming energetic particles. It is amazing that the effects are visible even from Earth, more than a billion miles away."
    Damn solar cycle footprint pops up again. On other planets. The solar irradiance hitting Uranus is 3.69 W/m2. Huh. Svensmark might be on to something.
    Last edited by pbjosh; 01-02-2018 at 10:11 AM.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Insider
    Gun violence has received no shortage of attention. But one bright spot has gotten much less: the number of accidental shooting deaths has steadily declined.

There were 489 people killed in unintentional shootings in the U.S. in 2015, the most recent year for which data is available. That was down from 824 deaths in 1999, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Taking into account population growth over that time, the rate fell 48%.

Experts attribute the decline to a mix of gun safety education programs, state laws regulating gun storage in homes and a drop in the number of households that have guns.
    Good news.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...use-corruption

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...ts-and-perhaps

He really intends to target the corruption in DC and the justice department (drain the swamp), that is if they dont get him first, and I dont mean Mueller....

Bravo !

endeavor to persevere.......

52 people, almost all foreign nationals, eh? That has to be the most impotent move against beltway corruption he could have come up with.

It's almost like it's entirely a PR stunt for dupes.

Trump seems to be all about fulfilling campaign promises, even if it's simply checking boxes with hollow victories. It does appear that he has the finger on his base, if not having pissed off the rest of the country to dismal approvals.

You mean "fulfilling." It's all smoke and mirrors for people who don't want to read past the title of a news article or actually read the EO.