Page 216 of 228 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

last i saw, current polling puts about 70% of republicans in the "the election was stolen" camp. that was a few days ago though.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

It is interesting but i feel that it is also necessary.

1) the GOP was going through its punk phase. Granted trump did fill the ranks, fill the coffers, fill their heads with all those promises; only to be proven unsustainable and a detriment to ones health & political career.
    2) there truly is the touchy feely libs being left seeing that the GOP was a drug addict for 4 ysars. All those glorious highs, and now coming the hellish lows. Since the GOP doesn't understand how something proscribed to you be bad in the long run
    3) the dems need a healthy GOP in order to do business and be the bad boogeyman when needed. Every political decision needs to have the opposite in order to decide upon. Because in a 2 party system, you need 2 parties.

But the more pressing issue is, would you support the federal government going after Trump for breaking laws or do you think that as bad as it was, it would only show the vindictive nature to possibly have it come back when a democrat leaves office?

yougov poll says 75% of republicans think there was "a lot" of fraud.

and less than 20% of republicans think joe biden won legitimately.

this is your notice that america, is over. i dont think there will be a civil war. but this experiment, in peaceful transition of power and democratic government, is over.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

we can now add "American democracy" to the list of things the boomers destroyed for there own children.

Its not the boomer's, it is the fact that all the people who liked, supported and voted for trump have drunk the kool-aid and can not believe that this could happen. When your approach to things is not either skeptical or is blind faith, being aurprised how something doesn't go one's way is a shock. That is why no one questioned his motives, no one questioned his policies, no one questioned when he went totally against protocol or tradition. Then his mere presence to winning the presidency gave all those supporters or fanatics the credence to do and act like trump because there was no repercussions from his dealings. Don't release taxes, no problem. Lie on everything, why not? Do everything in the name of greed, it worked for him.

Been saying this one for years - polls are only as good as the sample. Whomever is in control of the questions, the sample size, and the sample conditions is in control of the results. Feel free to believe polls you find out there if you'd like, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Its not the boomer's, it is the fact that all the people who liked, supported and voted for trump have drunk the kool-aid and can not believe that this could happen. When your approach to things is not either skeptical or is blind faith, being aurprised how something doesn't go one's way is a shock. That is why no one questioned his motives, no one questioned his policies, no one questioned when he went totally against protocol or tradition. Then his mere presence to winning the presidency gave all those supporters or fanatics the credence to do and act like trump because there was no repercussions from his dealings. Don't release taxes, no problem. Lie on everything, why not? Do everything in the name of greed, it worked for him.
    its mostly the boomers. look at the demographics by age.

also this is a good read: https://lithub.com/rebecca-solnit-on...Q3xFBM8VtKeglI

I will say, that it is wrong to blame anyone, as that is what trump does. Looks for someone or something to blame to shirk responsibility. Who cares what the boomers did, you need to raise above that. Don't expect the majority of the old to respect the upcoming generation, cause they never will. GenX doesn't respect GenY or the millennials, least i don't. Yet we can act better than those before us. Yes it is idealistic but that is what started this country, to not treat people the same way that was in the past.

ah, we cant assign blame any more to anyone because trump is a crybaby man child who got his clock cleaned and can't admit it?

whats next, participation trophies?

ppfffft.

the time for coddling old white mens feelings, is over.

No, not saying you can't blame anyone. I am saying that the NEED to blame one group, one sect, one group is unnecessary. Yes, you can blame trunp for a multitude of "sins", but the need to always cast blame or find blame is, to me, unneeded. I feel that always finding blame focuses on the wrong end of the problem. To a point, trump has done a lot to hurt the country, but always going back to the blame game doesn't move us for and passed that point.