Page 217 of 228 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Considering the truth (even though Mitt Romney was crucified for saying it out loud) that 47-48% of people will always vote straight party and would normally never consider voting another way, it's shocking Biden won by as much as he did, or at all. Against any other politician at any other point in recent history, he'd have failed - again. He's never been a strong candidate. He's had plenty of opportunities to attempt to get to the big office. This time around, the Dems probably could have run some obscure Alderman from DC and come out with a win.

Trump cost himself the 2020 election by not being able to be the least bit presidential. Ever. Had he been able to be publicly presidential, stayed the hell off social media, and trusted just a few non-family experts and advisors, he'd have stomped Biden. He didn't come close to "getting his clock cleaned", he burned his own bridge while on it.

Looking forward, I do hope Biden is able to bring some dignity back to the Oval Office. From where I stand, the best thing that can happen for a few cycles is non-crusaders sitting at the Resolute Desk. Don't make huge policy changes in any forms. Don't piss off half the country by executive order. Don't piss off the whole world by being an ass. Alas, I suspect that's not going to be what happens, and we'll continue down the path we've been on, just being led down that path by someone with opposed-view policies and politics.

No. I don't think that. As much as Biden was denigrated for being a career politician, this is, albeit later than anyone would like, what his career was leadin to. He has the friendships, the contacts, the credibility and the standing to do all that. His policies may or may not diverge totally from were we are, but also, it is an extremely difficult course he has to start at. Granted he looks to be putting the right people in the right places, so we can get a handle on covid, have policies on how to open up/get back to work for some, breath on the embers of the economy and reestablish broken agreements and treaties. And that is his 1st 6 months. As much as i agree that we, as a nation, do need to heal, we also will have to rip off bandaids, or break a bone to reset it. We can't be all touchy-feely all the time. The trumpist, GOP, republicans, the right need to recognize that the nation is bigger than any party politics.

The best way to remove trumpism from the GOP is the AG to do the biggest most open, bipartisan investigation into Trump's finances to show how truly corrupt he was. But even then i doubt that would change the opinion, even though it would heal much better, when you see that actions have consequences.

any investigation into trump will be partisan, because everything to do with trump is partisan.

and a series of presidents who do nothing for the next 10-20 years will the be the downfall of our country, millions will die of preventable causes, climate change will go unchecked, and the american economy will continue to hemorrhaging cash and the middle class will die.

because remember, while everyone here is so focused on not letting the american idiot destroy the country as they are SO keen to do, its not like we have you know, real problems that need solutions too or anything.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Fuck the middle class (being one of them), their tax exemptions and subsidies are responsible for half of the problems we?re in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    The trumpist, GOP, republicans, the right need to recognize that the nation is bigger than any party politics.
    That's certainly an amazing way of putting that.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Fuck the middle class (being one of them), their tax exemptions and subsidies are responsible for half of the problems we?re in.
    bwahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah h
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    bwahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah h
    Of course subsidizing suburban infrastructure at a loss so people can build McMansions with subsidized mortgages and fill them with crap hasn?t done anything to contribute to environmental degradation.

Providing the largest tax expenditure in the budget to middle and upper middle classes hasn?t created any perverse incentives in the healthcare market.

Creating a police state so suburbanites can pass judgement on cities they don?t even live in isn?t a problem at all.

And the largest social jobs program in the west in the military industrial complex to supplement middle class jobs is exactly what we should be aiming for.

The middle class totally doesn?t overwhelmingly vote GoP because these are all social programs they want while moralizing about government handouts.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... did I spell it right?

Of course subsidizing suburban infrastructure at a loss so people can build McMansions with subsidized mortgages and fill them with crap hasn?t done anything to contribute to environmental degradation.

Providing the largest tax expenditure in the budget to middle and upper middle classes hasn?t created any perverse incentives in the healthcare market.

Creating a police state so suburbanites can pass judgement on cities they don?t even live in isn?t a problem at all.

And the largest social jobs program in the west in the military industrial complex to supplement middle class jobs is exactly what we should be aiming for.

The middle class totally doesn?t overwhelmingly vote GoP because these are all social programs they want while moralizing about government handouts.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... did I spell it right?
    the suburbs arn't the middle class.

the middle class actually pays the highest tax rates.

class and racism can't really be separated, two sides of the same coin (response to police state comments).

your going to have to explain the last two to me, as they are unclear to me.

so just to be sure, you are in favor of killing the middle class so we will have the working poor (incomes up to maybe 50k/year), and then the rich (incomes above 250k), and no one in between? cause thats what "killing the middle class means. it means all of this *waves hands around* is gone. it means next stop, feudalism.

I don?t have the energy for a long response and discussion with you right now, but my point is that from healthcare, to housing, to employment, to retirement, a significant portion of middle-class entitlements come at the expense of the working class.

The Petite bourgeoisie has always used the State to create their wealth.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ons-by-income/

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/brie...insurance-work

https://www.strongtowns.org/the-growth-ponzi-scheme

Just to get you started.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 11-30-2020 at 03:08 PM.

I don?t have the energy for a long response and discussion with you right now, but my point is that from healthcare, to housing, to employment, to retirement, a significant portion of middle-class entitlements come at the expense of the working class.

The Petite bourgeoisie has always used the State to create their wealth.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ons-by-income/

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/brie...insurance-work

https://www.strongtowns.org/the-growth-ponzi-scheme

Just to get you started.
    I can get behind this,

the middle class doesnt really work in a society that is at all capitalist. It gets juiced up after wars and with strong unions in certain states but in the end the working class is not the middle class.

You have the rich, the professionals, and the working class. The professional service to the wealthy and working is the actual gap filler, there will still be people making that money between the 50k and 250k they are just not the laborer with a shovel who makes $52 an hour and another $34 an hour in pension and vacation, in a local 731 nyc union.