Page 201 of 228 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Congrats to facing the new racism. Its no longer a white or black issue, its a green issue. People with money versus the people without.

Whether this came from the 'dot com' industry that boomed then failed in the 90s, resulting in old money being scared of being infiltrated by undesirables or just greater strides in their own 'social distancing'. Maybe it is just the natural inflation of millions going to billions, maybe its my own age ,growing and seeing that the class struggle is real & witbout a leg up in this world, the working stiff can not get ahead in this world.

You can't count on the leftist liberals in congress eother. The same lobbyists that stuff cash & favors in the republicans' pockets, do the same with the democrats. It is only through lip service that they show their constituents they are still "fighting the power".

It only surprises me, when government does the right thing, for the right reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Congrats to facing the new racism. Its no longer a white or black issue, its a green issue. People with money versus the people without.

Whether this came from the 'dot com' industry that boomed then failed in the 90s, resulting in old money being scared of being infiltrated by undesirables or just greater strides in their own 'social distancing'. Maybe it is just the natural inflation of millions going to billions, maybe its my own age ,growing and seeing that the class struggle is real & witbout a leg up in this world, the working stiff can not get ahead in this world.

You can't count on the leftist liberals in congress eother. The same lobbyists that stuff cash & favors in the republicans' pockets, do the same with the democrats. It is only through lip service that they show their constituents they are still "fighting the power".

It only surprises me, when government does the right thing, for the right reasons.
    Let's back that ass up for a second.

First, classism and racism are unsurprisingly not opposites of each other. The evil feminists (!!!) even have a word for it when both exist in a given circumstance - intersectionality.

Second, I'll be the first to tell you Democrats suck at their jobs. And let's be clear - Not all Democrats are liberals, and not all liberals are leftists. I know actual "leftists" and they'd rather be dead than called a Democrat. There are very few actual leftists in government. Fox News just picked up the term when everyone started calling them Nazis because apparently "both sides" chant "Blood and Soil".

But after the GoP has spent the last 4 years fellating a failed bloviating oligarch, packed the federal judiciary with corporate-friendly judges, and eroded workers' protections time and time again, your first stop is the "leftist liberals"?
    Last edited by PBSteve; 03-27-2020 at 08:06 AM.

so i take it your on the bernie train then? #sarcasim

i see this all the time. relatively conservative leaning folks who hate the modern GOP, hate trump, want a party that actually helps them, but also they hate the corperatists dems from the decades of being a GoP voter.

and then someone like bernie shows up. an honest to god person who just believes in the new deal and has been defending it for decades. basically, exactly what we'd all like democrats to be.

and they are like, no hes a commmie, biden is my guy. never mind biden being king of the corperatist dems.

so what train are you on? if you want someone to stand up for workers rights, the middle class, and sanity and legality in government, your man is bernie.

i would pose though, that at this point, while i am a bernie fan and supporter, i will be 100% happy to pull the lever for biden too. because jesus fucking christ, at least a corperatist dem is better than this insanity.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Really wish Warren weren't out of it.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Let's back that ass up for a second.

First, classism and racism are unsurprisingly not opposites of each other. The evil feminists (!!!) even have a word for it when both exist in a given circumstance - intersectionality.

Second, I'll be the first to tell you Democrats suck at their jobs. And let's be clear - Not all Democrats are liberals, and not all liberals are leftists. I know actual "leftists" and they'd rather be dead than called a Democrat. There are very few actual leftists in government. Fox News just picked up the term when everyone started calling them Nazis because apparently "both sides" chant "Blood and Soil".

But after the GoP has spent the last 4 years fellating a failed bloviating oligarch, packed the federal judiciary with corporate-friendly judges, and eroded workers' protections time and time again, your first stop is the "leftist liberals"?
    Actually, my point is politians are all the same. Left wing, right wing, conservative, moderate, liberal whatever; they are all the same. Generally ground up in the machinations of goverment & politics. Why should they change the job ,remove power & influence when they get there?

I lean more towards democrats in most views but i am more a libertarian & moderate, overall. I want to redo the constitution because as good as those powdered whig ideists were, a quarter of a millenia since the drafting, things have changed and we should change with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    so i take it your on the bernie train then? #sarcasim

i see this all the time. relatively conservative leaning folks who hate the modern GOP, hate trump, want a party that actually helps them, but also they hate the corperatists dems from the decades of being a GoP voter.

and then someone like bernie shows up. an honest to god person who just believes in the new deal and has been defending it for decades. basically, exactly what we'd all like democrats to be.

and they are like, no hes a commmie, biden is my guy. never mind biden being king of the corperatist dems.

so what train are you on? if you want someone to stand up for workers rights, the middle class, and sanity and legality in government, your man is bernie.

i would pose though, that at this point, while i am a bernie fan and supporter, i will be 100% happy to pull the lever for biden too. because jesus fucking christ, at least a corperatist dem is better than this insanity.
    Sanders is a loon. He is the the worst case scenario of any politician. He is too drastic and too crazed to get any real traction. Not that ads or even his own actions was able to pull those in the middle over, those undecided. He is too scary for those that listen to the fear from the right, that they will loose.

I liked what Warren was saying & i really thought Bloomberg could have been great. Everything that Trump had said he was, Bloomberg could actually do the work. But i think coming in too late to the race, didn't steel him against the magnifying glass of the public.

Actually, my point is politians are all the same. Left wing, right wing, conservative, moderate, liberal whatever; they are all the same.
    That's a pretty big cop-out. That's like saying all ice cream tastes the same, and sure, generally politics are politics. But there are absolutely flavors of incompetence, corruption, and populist pandering.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

I really miss having a responsible adult in the white house.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    That's a pretty big cop-out. That's like saying all ice cream tastes the same, and sure, generally politics are politics. But there are absolutely flavors of incompetence, corruption, and populist pandering.
    Not really. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Most politicians, IMO, do start off naive but the political machine changes them to throw away(or at least) forget most of their ideals or morals. Look at what voting alomg party lines showed us? Many people who saw the breaking of laws, saw the abuse of power, either kept their mouth shut or towed the line as to not loose their seat in the political party. Regaress of if their own views or the views of the people wbo they represents, the greater loss of ridicule, vilification and ear expulsion from the party was greater than voting with morals & ethics.

And many in congress see what they can get over what they could do. Voting for more pay raises for themselves, including ryders on bills to benefit the.selves or their work, only to sully the bill which might have nothing to do with anything with the law itself.

Cop-out no, a vebry pessimistic view of the people in power, yes. I am in favor of removing lobbyists, curtailing congressional person powers, culling the government of useless, costly programs that are nothing but boondoggles for cushy jobs. I want the government to work for me, to provide the necessities of a basic needs. We shouldn't have homeless, we shouldn't have horrendous healthcare costs(here is a point. The more people healthy, the more people can work and be useful in society), provide good government, provide proper education, so we can retake our ppace as a leading nation.

I am an idealist, what can I say?

Idealist? Nah, definitely a pessimist.