Page 95 of 228 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Politics

Crickets everywhere from all the people so concerned about the deficit during the Obama administration.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    GOP party of fiscal responsibility finally some adults in the room

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Crickets everywhere from all the people so concerned about the deficit during the Obama administration.
    literally every GOP position can be based, at its core, on racism. or sexism, but thats a different post.

they don't care that the GOP is racking up massive debt, because its not being paid to brown people. its being paid to white, rich, assholes like themselves. government spending, they love it. when its on white rich dudes. government picking winners and losers? oh they love that too, when government picks white rich dudes to win. the only time the deficit is a problem, is when its money being spent on brown people. now all of sudden its a crisis that needs solving, typically by giving more money to white rich dudes.

its all just racism. no really. all of it.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    there aren't enough rich white dudes for your thesis to be accurate

you have to at least in part blame the democratic party for choosing to focus on horrifically unpopular issues that keeps the GOP emotionally resonant with the working class white electorate.

Hint: calling them racists doesn't help
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Insider
    I was planning to ignore this thread for obvious reasons, but I do appreciate your reply Ryan.

Did you see the Atlantic article on PC culture?

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/arti...mpression=true

"The gap between the progressive perception and the reality of public views on this issue could do damage to the institutions that the woke elite collectively run. A publication whose editors think they represent the views of a majority of Americans when they actually speak to a small minority of the country may eventually see its influence wane and its readership decline. And a political candidate who believes she is speaking for half of the population when she is actually voicing the opinions of one-fifth is likely to lose the next election.

In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real, when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world."
    The original study is here: https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...s_report-2.pdf

Quite a solid read, and timely.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    I was planning to ignore this thread for obvious reasons, but I do appreciate your reply Ryan.

Did you see the Atlantic article on PC culture?

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/arti...mpression=true

The original study is here: https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...s_report-2.pdf

Quite a solid read, and timely.
    I love that this conversation revolves around "I'm not denying that the country is rife with racism, it's just unpopular to suggest addressing it."
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    there aren't enough rich white dudes for your thesis to be accurate

you have to at least in part blame the democratic party for choosing to focus on horrifically unpopular issues that keeps the GOP emotionally resonant with the working class white electorate.

Hint: calling them racists doesn't help
    fun fact: the reason why the GOP focuses on those issues and wins?

also racism!

round and round we go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I love that this conversation revolves around "I'm not denying that the country is rife with racism, it's just unpopular to suggest addressing it."
    stated perfectly.

then the real snowflakes start coming out. "i know its racist, but its too painful for me confront my issues, i need to coddled to!"

no, you need to grow the fuck up snowflakes. there are other human beings on planet earth. im sorry, but is true. tough love mother fuckers.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-23-2018 at 01:27 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    You obviously read the 140 page document in 30 minutes or so, because you drew exactly the opposite conclusion from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop being a NPC Simulator Gordon: http://npcsimulator.com/
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    You obviously read the 140 page document in 30 minutes or so, because you drew exactly the opposite conclusion from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop being a NPC Simulator Gordon: http://npcsimulator.com/
    where did i quote and respond to your link again?

huh

weird. i didn't. lol

also, a better defense against having your parties entire political thoughts being shown to be racist, isn't playing the "oh poor me liberals are calling me racist again" card ... its actually show that maybe your politics arn't racist?

dunno, might want to try that. i know playing the victim card is your MO, but grow up.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-23-2018 at 01:38 PM.

Insider
    I was replying to Steve, Gordon. It isn't always about you.

The NPC was in reply to you saying this:

no, you need to grow the fuck up snowflakes. there are other human beings on planet earth. im sorry, but is true. tough love mother fuckers.
    "NPC Response - NPC #2408180
    Has anyone told you that your a Basement Dweller.Fucking Misogynist.You being a hack causes deaths everyday.Just remember, people like you will cause slavery to come back.lunatic."

NPC Response - NPC #2311219
    Look at the Deplorable we have here!Both you and Trump are a racist.I will always fight against scum's like you.Just remember, people like you will cause slavery to come back.idiot.

NPC Response - NPC #5907671
    Wow, talk about a Snowflake.No matter what you say, you are a Misogynist.I will always fight against extremist's like you.Just remember, people like you will cause millions of womens deaths.nutjob.

It really could be cut and paste.

I think the report highlights exactly why your commentary on here, and Steve's, IS the problem. It is mean spirited and comes from such a myopic position that you don't realize you are insulting and degrading the vast majority of the 'Exhausted middle' like myself who really tire of what is total crap shoot bullshit.

In reality your position is only held up in a political echo chamber, and your tribalism is what is causing the problem.

The more you insult and virtue signal by calling people racist and going fully over the top the more you alienate everyone else except your tribe. Steve is of your tribe so you guys play in this little echo chamber, but the reality is most people are sick of it. Sick of all this PC bullshit. Sick of the condemnation and related crap. (small edit - it is obvious even Ryan is sick of it.)

You are not the middle. Or even one side. You are the 8% that is the most extreme at the moment. Even worse than conservatives at the moment.

And you bore the piss out of me. Because nothing are saying is really anything different than a NPC generator. It is anti-intellectualism.
    Last edited by pbjosh; 10-23-2018 at 02:22 PM.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com