Page 208 of 228 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

the kid who murdered 2 poeple last night, was given water and thanked by the cops before hand, and the cops did not arrest him when he did it until much later, despite him walking among them after having shot two people in front of them.

is it blatantly obvious yet that the cops are not there to protect anything other than white power?

EDIT: actually he has yet to be arrested.

they arnt even giving lip-service to the notion the police have any interest in justice.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 08-26-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

It's not that surprising. Kenosha isn't exactly liberal, but even in the liberal parts of Wisconsin it's just feel-good lip service to diversity, things are just as historically redlined, segregated and exclusive as anywhere else. Of 306 in my graduating class there were two or three black kids, by demographics there should have been about 20. They don't call it the great white north for nothing.

When you actually confront anyone, liberal or conservative, about local housing policy they want to keep their neighborhoods homogenous in both ethnicity and class. Frankly this cuts both ways (as you see in the fight against gentrification), but obviously is far more beneficial to and far more effectively implemented by the classes with power.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 08-30-2020 at 06:21 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

i mean they are just saying it out loud now. don't believe me, they are just saying it out loud now, and they will destroy democracy, and capitalism, in order to maintain there place in society. they are not interested in democracy or capitalism, if it means minorities gain anything from it.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...3mwg08004wQKUY
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Yeah but David Frum (former conservative adviser) told us that back in 2018.

?Maybe you do not much care about the future of the Republican Party. You should. Conservatives will always be with us. If conservatives become convinced that they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy. The stability of American society depends on conservatives? ability to find a way forward from the Trump dead end, toward a conservatism that cannot only win elections but also govern responsibly, a conservatism that is culturally modern, economically inclusive, and environmentally responsible, that upholds markets at home and U.S. leadership internationally.?

And even if Trump steps down voluntarily (skeptical), the Qanon crackpots aren?t going anywhere, and the 90% of republicans who approve of Trump will drive the selection of the GoP?s next candidate.

This movement of self-absorbed braindead populism is just getting started.

the battle of our lifetime is against fascism. its quite clear. not overseas like the greatest generation, but against largely, our parents.

dig in, buckle up, and remember, "nice" people made the best nazis.

also, have an escape plan. the first people they go after are the queer intellectuals, but they are hardly the last.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    the battle of our lifetime is against fascism. its quite clear. not overseas like the greatest generation, but against largely, our parents.
    To be clear, I don't think they're nearly as dangerous, but I include Bernie supporters in the category of "braindead populism" right alongside the moderate republicans who "don't really support trump" but like what he's doing.

For that matter let's toss in the affluent "liberals" who love BLM for about two weeks and toss it when it's not trending on instagram anymore or it's actually time to vote accordingly. LA's west side is truly disgusting.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    To be clear, I don't think they're nearly as dangerous, but I include Bernie supporters in the category of "braindead populism" right alongside the moderate republicans who "don't really support trump" but like what he's doing.

For that matter let's toss in the affluent "liberals" who love BLM for about two weeks and toss it when it's not trending on instagram anymore or it's actually time to vote accordingly. LA's west side is truly disgusting.
    you dont think trump's fascism is dangerous?

i think its is a very serious threat continued representative government in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    you dont think trump's fascism is dangerous?

i think its is a very serious threat continued representative government in the USA.
    I wasn't very clear. I think Trump's fascism is very dangerous.

I think Bernie is much, much less dangerous but also just as much populist bullshit. A kind of populist bullshit that particularly resonates with corporate-employed educated liberals who've only ever been on company insurance, and haven't bothered to understand how the system benefits them while contributing to the problem.

so with NFL fans across the country booing during the post-anthem moment of silence, for racial equality, can we finally all say, "gordon you were right, its just racism"

cause guys, its just racism. it always has been.