Page 213 of 228 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I wonder how you?ll respond to being told you?re parroting shit narratives from hucksters. You?ve been had.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ause-civil-war
    I don't see it as a hard conclusion to jump towards. Not sure but I think both of you are confusing me as a gun toting republican because I said I see the country as being as divided as we were pre civil war and I don't see either party doing anything that benefits anything other than their own power.

I'm a guy from jersey, don't own a gun, parents are registered democrats I have never voted either direction. Because It has no bearing on my state voting blue regardless, but I would have voted obama if I lived somewhere it mattered. Hillary or trump didnt matter as much to me but nj will be blue regardless locally all governors are corrupt as are the local politicians here so I truly don't care if I pay 2% more in tax or they save me 2% either way and don't partake in selecting who will steal from me.

you see, its all fine and dandy until you say something like "trump or hillary, its all the same"

thats when you loose any credibility. or, fundamentally breaking american representative government, or renewing the patriot act, totally the same thing.

there is a term mocking thins sort of thing, called radical centrism.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    you see, its all fine and dandy until you say something like "trump or hillary, its all the same"

thats when you loose any credibility. or, fundamentally breaking american representative government, or renewing the patriot act, totally the same thing.

there is a term mocking thins sort of thing, called radical centrism.
    American representative government isnt really how I see things when I cant vote for them and people in 39 other states really cant either, its vastly less consequential than both political parties agreeing at multiple times namely 2005, 2011, and 2015 to keep large scale surveillance on the American public for no other reason than for their own benefit.

The term radical centrism sounds about right to my opinion I guess, a complete mistrust of either party doing anything that will actually benefit society without first benefiting their own party above all if I had to sum that up.

I would add if we are trying to focus the overall rage against boomerism or Republican power, the screaming should be more focused on Kentucky removing McConnell and America shifting from a Republican Senate Majority, to me that would be a much greater swing to America than if either Biden or Trump are in office for the next 4 years, and would do a lot more to preventing a major reaction to the election results.

To add to my centralism on the matter, remember Trump, Kushner and Koch have all made campaign donations to Andrew Cuomo and Kushner also made them to Bill De Blasio, whom at this point are basically their sworn enemies in the eyes of the public, at least till money and real-estate ventures are involved. Its not just racism its just money or its just power is the real thing, racism is just one way to keep the power balance the way they want it.
    Last edited by Florypb505; 10-07-2020 at 03:06 PM.

i mean if youve been keeping up in this thread, defeating moscow mitch and flipping the senate has been discussed at length as a more important goal than defeating trump.

if you think hillary would have been as bad as trump, that is indeed, radical centrism ... and flatly false.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

the only that stands between us and another 3-4 months of civil strife is the willingness of trump to conform to tradition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZWR...ature=youtu.be

this election isnt over until February 2021.

pretty interesting to watch this play out. i hope folks illusions vis a vis the democratic process are shattered as they should be. should be pretty obvious the republican party and its voters dont give two shits about democracy, its just always returned tolerable results for them, the second it stops giving them results within there expectations, its pretty clear they stop caring about democracy. you have the counting locations in Pennsylvania surounded by republcians demanding they stop counting, while the counting locations in arizona are surrounded by republicans demanding they keep counting.

should be pretty clear they arnt actually interested in counting all the votes, they are interested in trump winning. and right now, the easiest way to to do that is stop counting in the east, and keep counting in the west.

so what happens when the counting is over and they dont get the result they want?

obviously things are already working through the courts, but sans something really wild, i dont see that overturning anything. the margins are there i think in most cases.

the question on my mind is not if or when, but how the violence is gonna start. someone's gonna die. election officials? democratic representatives? cops? you think it wont be the cops because of the worship of cops by the right, but i think they will even turn there backs on the cops when the rubber meets the road too. somebody is gonna die.

i would like to give a rare bit of praise to all the reasonable republicans. Im so far pleasantly impressed by the professionalism and honesty so far ive seen from republican election officials. there are thousands of poll workers, ballot counters, you know, the folks in the trenches actually administering the election, and by and large they seem to be doing pretty well and fairly and justly administering the election. it may turn out harder than we thought to steal an election in the USA.

ope, should have finished my round of news reading. 538 blog posted that the nevada voter registrar and family fear for there lives due to threats.

Of all the analogies to lay upon trump and all the bluster of power, or getting it, retaining it, this is a literal episode of democracy 'riding the tiger'. While you can go on and on about how trump was exactly what everyone said he was, the simple fact is, he layed out exactly what he would do. It is shocking but no surprise.

What i want to see is, ot that trump is thrown out of office, even indicted over the plethora of charges, but for the people in government to see the truth of this, to see the truth of trump. He has taken the integrity of, not only the country & politics as a whole, but every person who looks up to him. This sickens me. This saddens me.

Violence you say? Where will it start? When will it end? He has literally torn up every tenet of the office, used the constitution as toilet paoer, done just about everything a president shouldn't have. The "law & order" president has overseen 230k deaths, civil unrest, fought against the people & now because all of his machinations for the past 4 years have shown that he isn't as well liked and is loosing or lost the election, he is trying to sue the states that are doing their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Of all the analogies to lay upon trump and all the bluster of power, or getting it, retaining it, this is a literal episode of democracy 'riding the tiger'. While you can go on and on about how trump was exactly what everyone said he was, the simple fact is, he layed out exactly what he would do. It is shocking but no surprise.

What i want to see is, ot that trump is thrown out of office, even indicted over the plethora of charges, but for the people in government to see the truth of this, to see the truth of trump. He has taken the integrity of, not only the country & politics as a whole, but every person who looks up to him. This sickens me. This saddens me.

Violence you say? Where will it start? When will it end? He has literally torn up every tenet of the office, used the constitution as toilet paoer, done just about everything a president shouldn't have. The "law & order" president has overseen 230k deaths, civil unrest, fought against the people & now because all of his machinations for the past 4 years have shown that he isn't as well liked and is loosing or lost the election, he is trying to sue the states that are doing their jobs.
    for once, nobody, we agree.

he was/is an anti-democratic fascist dictator wannabe, who ruined almost every long standing peaceful and reasonable tradition and institution in the country. and his supporters, LOVED it.

his final, parting shot with america, will be messing with the peaceful transition of power.

it will take a generation to fix what he has broken.

But the good of this, if/when Biden is elected is that trump has ripped open all those cracks of what a president should & shouldn't do, and the big if is, if the members of congress will grow a spine, and put in, not deliberate potfalls where a non-politician can't become president, but those checks like, having to release taxes before becoming president, to ensure that a lunatic that has only his self interest ahead of the country, not gain the seat of the most power position in the world.

And yes, Gordon, as it almost pains me to say, as we look at the same coin, from the same side, we do see the same things.

We as a country need to bandage up the wounds of the past 4 years and to start anew in rebuilding what has become a laughing stock on the world's stage. Biden, with help can do it, but it is no easy task, and certainly won't be a quick process. It has always been far easier to destroy a thing, than it is to build or rebuild in this case.