Page 187 of 228 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

they will be for it the second the russians start backing dems.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

they know, they see it. they just see it as a good thing.

feature, not a flaw.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    On the same note, this is not the onion:

AS DEFICIT EXPLODES, GOP DEMANDS EMERGENCY TAX CUT FOR THE RICH

were gonna pay off the national debt in 4 years.

dont worry.

not only is the GOP now currently only fueled by racism (and misogyny) .... it always was:

https://www.businessinsider.com/rona...b8KDz_cYxHLY1c

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    were gonna pay off the national debt in 4 years.

dont worry.
    related

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...federal-budget
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    radical centrism.

"Weird politics in the age of Trump discourage thoughtful commentary on both sides."

what a load of shit.

radical centrism will truly be the end of it all. have to blame both sides because the right fucking lost its mind, if it ever had one in the first place.

meanwhile on the left ... our polices will: grow the economy, lower taxes on most americans, lower healthcare costs and lower the deficit. why? because we fucking thought about it for 5 seconds before spouting the polices.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 07-31-2019 at 11:54 AM.

After two Democratic debates, I find myself most interested in Booker, Buttigieg, Castro, and Warren (roughly in that order). I'm not overly excited about seeing Biden as the eventual nominee, but I find that more palatable than Bernie Sanders by a long shot. I think Kamala Harris is starting to sink after the last few weeks - she seemed to have as many targets on her as Biden did on him. And I really liked Inslee and Bullock but I kinda feel like neither has a real shot at the nomination right now. Last time out I was high on Klobuchar and Gillibrand, but I feel like neither has gotten any traction to date and therefore are probably both set to drop out of the running.

What are you excited about seeing happen between now and the third debate?