Page 37 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Just because the left finally purged racism from their party doesn't mean the GOP picked it up.
    LOL

The left has made the half-step of not tolerating overt racism. The Dems are still rife with racist policies, especially at the local level. Republicans elected an overt bigot to the highest office in the land, who as of December 10th still enjoyed an 82% approval rating among registered Republicans. Your narrative might make you feel better, but it's crap.

Also, the comment I made was in regards to ethno-nationalism, which is certainly related to racism but not the same thing (and not really the discussion I was interested in having). But it is certainly interesting that you interpreted ethno-nationalism as "racism", given the position of the American Conservative.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...o-nationalism/
    Last edited by PBSteve; 12-22-2017 at 12:44 AM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    xcept that when you read about why the southern states left IN THERE OWN WORDS, they make it explicitly clear it was about slavery.
    Nobody said otherwise. That was also 150 years ago. They were democrats. They were democrats when there was Jim Crow. They were democrats when they fought the Civil rights act. And formed the KKK. And proud of it.

Your remark is out of place, context, ineffective and just plain not even part of the conversation. You are really bad at this. Unless you want to make the point that the democrat party is the party of racism? Historically so, but it isn't now. I think it still need to figure out how to be color blind, but that will come.

besides, there is nothing more "big government" than legally enforced racial discrimination
    Like.... Affirmative Action? Which mean people of Asian decent have to score 3.4 point higher on the ACT then a white person, and 7.2 points higher than a black person to get into college? They have to score 140 higher than a white person on the SAT, and 450 points higher than a black person to get into the same school?

While started with, well, the reconstruction, the R's had a good chunk of the foundations of it. Lately that has leveled off as most feel it has served it's purpose, and results in the problems stated above. That of course leads to them being called racists, when what they are saying is exactly the opposite.

Again - you are off base. You make accusations with no backup, just claims that could have been based off of a teenagers meme collection.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Insider
    The left has made the half-step of not tolerating overt racism.
    No, the left has gone overstep and paints white males as the reason for all of the problems, and even the DNC said:

DNC?s Data Service Manager Madeleine Leader purportedly wrote in an email that the desire for diversity excludes ?cisgender straight white males.?

Leader adds, ?I personally would prefer that you not forward to cisgender straight white males, as they are already in the majority.?
    While I realize you are all not SJW's out to knock down the white straight male patriarchy, that does come from one side of the isle:

I mean.... (shakes head)

The Dems are still rife with racist policies, especially at the local level.
    The years of policies and related do need a good purge. There is some BS there, and I think a lot of it is historic. The only group left of any real size who hold those views are old people. They will die out. A sweep of regulations and really, a change of culture will have to happen. It is, and did, dramatically, considering the short period of time. I understand the need for change, and the benefit, but I also accept that change is hard for most people.

Republicans elected an overt bigot to the highest office in the land, who as of December 10th still enjoyed an 82% approval rating among registered Republicans. Your narrative might make you feel better, but it's crap.
    Oh, yeah, Trump is a racist. Just like every other Republican president. (rolls eyes)

It's bullshit Steve. It's virtue signalling. It's meme passing. But it isn't a fact. It is just a stupid vomit of ignorance and spit. Nobody said Trump was a racist till he started running for president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxaKUo5naoY

https://thegrio.com/2017/06/16/trump...-lynne-patton/

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...n-race-w441709

Then, lo and behold! Trump is a racist!

I mean, really, it's bullshit. It's a slur and a lie. And it makes those repeating look like good little shills, passing the kool-aid. You shouldn't parade your bias and lack of critical thinking skills like that out in the internet, people will see it.

As people like saying: You want more Trump? This is how you get more Trump.

Also, the comment I made was in regards to ethno-nationalism
    My bad - Richard Whatshisdickless was the topic du jour.

As for ethno-nationalism, I explained that far earlier in this discussion with the bit about Haidt.

What Haidt found is, well, picture time:

The Left simply lacks that moral value. They are big on caring and fairness, but actually generally don't feel the moral value of Authority or Loyalty. This leads to higher levels of national pride and local pride for conservatives. Part of the reason the right get into football teams and cheer on their school and wave flags. The feelings of purity are low also on the left, where as the conservatives have a more balanced moral tree, leading to stricter church type behavior regarding sex and such.

It is something I realize I don't have much of, which makes sense with my moral base being strong on individual Liberty, but weak on Authority/Loyalty/Sanctity also.

Ethno-nationalism is just a characteristic of a more balanced moral pallet.

And to be clear - Libertarians have the most unbalanced moral pallet out there, and I realize and accept that. It just is what it is.
    Last edited by pbjosh; 12-22-2017 at 10:15 AM.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

No, the left has gone overstep and paints white males as the reason for all of the problems, and even the DNC said:

While I realize you are all not SJW's out to knock down the white straight male patriarchy, that does come from one side of the isle:

I mean.... (shakes head)

The years of policies and related do need a good purge. There is some BS there, and I think a lot of it is historic. The only group left of any real size who hold those views are old people. They will die out. A sweep of regulations and really, a change of culture will have to happen. It is, and did, dramatically, considering the short period of time. I understand the need for change, and the benefit, but I also accept that change is hard for most people.

Oh, yeah, Trump is a racist. Just like every other Republican president. (rolls eyes)

It's bullshit Steve. It's virtue signalling. It's meme passing. But it isn't a fact. It is just a stupid vomit of ignorance and spit. Nobody said Trump was a racist till he started running for president.

I mean, really, it's bullshit. It's a slur and a lie. And it makes those repeating look like good little shills, passing the kool-aid. You shouldn't parade your bias and lack of critical thinking skills like that out in the internet, people will see it.

As for ethno-nationalism, I explained that far earlier in this discussion with the bit about Haidt.

The Left simply lacks that moral value. They are big on caring and fairness, but actually generally don't feel the moral value of Authority or Loyalty. This leads to higher levels of national pride and local pride for conservatives. Part of the reason the right get into football teams and cheer on their school and wave flags. The feelings of purity are low also on the left, where as the conservatives have a more balanced moral tree, leading to stricter church type behavior regarding sex and such.

It is something I realize I don't have much of, which makes sense with my moral base being strong on individual Liberty, but weak on Authority/Loyalty/Sanctity also.

And to be clear - Libertarians have the most unbalanced moral pallet out there, and I realize and accept that. It just is what it is.
    Holy shit.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

nobody explains climate change like potholer54 (peter hadfeild): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyMaRx7gIGY
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 12-24-2017 at 12:49 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I mean.... (shakes head)

I like this guy

Bet he can do that with "so called" climate change also....
    endeavor to persevere.......

nothing more snowflake than white guys believing they are the ones being persecuted.

and i really think a discussion of moral values is pretty pointless when 70% of white people in Alabama voted for a man who admitted on sean hannity's show that he dated underage girls (with their moms permission), while he was 32 year old.

i dont really think that is a meaningful discussion. you want to talk about moral bankruptcy, thats what it looks like.

white dudes: time to put you big girl panties on and stop being whiny little bitches. just because you can't be assholes to women and minorities, does not mean you are under "attack"

grow a pair, happy christmas
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 12-25-2017 at 12:03 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

White knights are dumb. How about personal accountability instead of making sweeping generalizations about an ethnic group, including whites? A sweeping generalization that changes the standard is the very definition of racism. I don't owe minorities anything more than I owe women or other white males.

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    I don't owe minorities anything more than I owe women or other white males.
    Or any less, which I think is the point.

The assumption being that a vast majority of whites give them less...

Funny thing is, I think baby boomers in general are where most of the issue(s) die off. Most millennials could give a shit about race.
    Last edited by ironyusa; 12-25-2017 at 09:05 PM.