Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170
Results 1,691 to 1,696 of 1696

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I can't decide if a national emergency declaration over climate change is a good idea. It's already more justified by the Pentagon than a border wall, I just don't see it being effective.
    none of its a good idea.

but how do you fight against a party that has no respect for democratic norms, WITH democratic norms?

i dont know the answer, truly. but we can't win a fight for western democracy with one hand tied behind our backs either.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Supports Inception Designs
    Good link from Marginal Revolution Today:

http://matthewg.org/bostonu.pdf
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Well, at a minimum we'll see how many Republican senators actually believe in limiting the power of the executive, or if they're hypocrites on that point as well.
    Afflict the comfortable and comfort the afflicted
    I work for the company building the Paragon...once we figure out a name

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Well, at a minimum we'll see how many Republican senators actually believe in limiting the power of the executive, or if they're hypocrites on that point as well.
    selling the soul to fascism has gotten them everything they want so far ... why would they stop now?
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Republicans elected a con man to drain the swamp.

The proposal, which involved enlisting the U.S. nuclear power industry to build nuclear plants across the Middle East, was backed by a group of retired generals who formed a firm called IP3. Flynn described himself in financial disclosure filings as an "advisor" to a subsidiary of IP3, IronBridge Group Inc., from June 2016 to December 2016 * at the same time he was serving as Trump's national security adviser during the presidential campaign and the presidential transition, the report says.

The report quotes one senior Trump official as saying that the proposal was "not a business plan," but rather "a scheme for these generals to make some money," and added, "OK, you know we cannot do this."
    But her emails!
    Afflict the comfortable and comfort the afflicted
    I work for the company building the Paragon...once we figure out a name

i mean what could possibly go wrong with giving the saudis nuclear technology?

only 15 of the 19 9/11 terrorists were saudis after all. some i assume were good people.