Page 82 of 228 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    This sub forum should be renamed "Never Trump/I hate Trump/frothing rabid liberals are only allowed opinions" thread.

i mean you are perfectly allowed to lose every argument if you want to.

but as pointed out, you are too snowflake for that. need your conservative safe space.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

The truth is revealed.

To Trump and his base, Russia is not a threat. Autocrats are allies (see: comments to Erdogan).

Frothing rabid liberals and their collusion investigations and their European allies are the true threat to America.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 07-17-2018 at 12:17 AM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    The truth is revealed.

To Trump and his base, Russia is not a threat. Autocrats are allies (see: comments to Erdogan).

Frothing rabid liberals and their collusion investigations and their European allies are the true threat to America.
    the narrative has already started to shift, from "no collusion" to .... "we don't care if he colluded"

i mean, its treason, but they dont care.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    I don't know if pbjosh is still around but....
    This sub forum should be renamed "Never Trump/I hate Trump/frothing rabid liberals are only allowed opinions" thread.
    Entirely accurate. And exactly why I tend to stay mostly out of the thread. If I wanted to beat my head against a wall in political discussion, I can contact a good chunk of my family.
    Followed by insults from the political ruling party here on Inception:

Don't be a snowflake

Think of it as a running history of nativism, populist pandering, and incompetence.
    i mean you are perfectly allowed to lose every argument if you want to.

but as pointed out, you are too snowflake for that. need your conservative safe space.
    And then, in standard religious fervor, (remember all religions say this

The truth is revealed.
    I have better things to do than social media right now. I took FB off my phone, stopped most political discussion, and have for the most part gotten to busy with work (65-80 hour weeks, crazy deadlines on a project I cannot talk about, since they are literally tracking my phone and internet usage.) I have ghosted a bit, but truth be told I haven't had an urge to post here.

This forum is simply politically toxic, and not constructive. The main users gang up and insult any apostates. And others I suspect do not want to post. Ryan said he didn't want a political one sided forum, and wanted intellectual diversity, but this forum doesn't rejects that. Bloviating and shaming other points of view, insulting someone for just speaking up? That simply is illiberal and close minded. The level of political discussion here is just too....shallow? Why would anyone come here and discuss anything if they had any sort of differing view? Insulting people isn't what an intellectual does, it is what a bully does. #walkaway

I mean, points for reaching out to the NYT for intellectual diversity Ryan (/sarc), but even that is incredibly biased and intellectually weak.

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFqVNPwsLNo

A Gay Liberal interviews a Black Conservative. From 2 years ago, before Trump was elected. If you want to discuss just diversity (and not rehash the Iraq War), skip ahead to 21:50 for a solid discussion on the topic (and follow through past 40 or further...thought it is solid throughout.)

I am not going to respond to this, again, I have better discussions to have with more opening minded people (Ryan, you are decent to discuss things with, but Steve and Gordon rather ruin it, and for the whole forum in general.) But I am curious how much of the response here would fall into Scott Adams 'Cognitive Dissonance.' So I might look in to see what happens. When this forum become mature enough to have a constructive conversation above PBN level on politics and related, I might engage again. But I don't see that happening for a bit.

http://blog.dilbert.com/2018/05/26/e...ve-dissonance/
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    I mean, points for reaching out to the NYT for intellectual diversity Ryan (/sarc), but even that is incredibly biased and intellectually weak.
    What do you read for news?

Edit: oh, you're not going to respond. After leveling accusations of not fostering debate you go silent and link Scott Adams.

http://www.chicagonow.com/one-cause-...itter/#image/1

Fitting.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 07-17-2018 at 01:00 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

not really a headline, but putin lied: https://twitter.com/vicenews/status/1019037107225022464

mueller investigating russian/trump collusion specifically in wisconsin and michigan over russian targeted trolling: http://www.washingtondailywire.com/b...isconsin-wins/

also buntina with just about everyone important in the GOP, and NRA: https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/st...89033534382086

how long have i been saying GOP leadership, and the NRA have been working with the russians? over a year now ....

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Followed by insults from the political ruling party here on Inception:

And then, in standard religious fervor, (remember all religions say this

I have better things to do than social media right now. I took FB off my phone, stopped most political discussion, and have for the most part gotten to busy with work (65-80 hour weeks, crazy deadlines on a project I cannot talk about, since they are literally tracking my phone and internet usage.) I have ghosted a bit, but truth be told I haven't had an urge to post here.

This forum is simply politically toxic, and not constructive. The main users gang up and insult any apostates. And others I suspect do not want to post. Ryan said he didn't want a political one sided forum, and wanted intellectual diversity, but this forum doesn't rejects that. Bloviating and shaming other points of view, insulting someone for just speaking up? That simply is illiberal and close minded. The level of political discussion here is just too....shallow? Why would anyone come here and discuss anything if they had any sort of differing view? Insulting people isn't what an intellectual does, it is what a bully does. #walkaway

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFqVNPwsLNo

A Gay Liberal interviews a Black Conservative. From 2 years ago, before Trump was elected. If you want to discuss just diversity (and not rehash the Iraq War), skip ahead to 21:50 for a solid discussion on the topic (and follow through past 40 or further...thought it is solid throughout.)

I am not going to respond to this, again, I have better discussions to have with more opening minded people (Ryan, you are decent to discuss things with, but Steve and Gordon rather ruin it, and for the whole forum in general.) But I am curious how much of the response here would fall into Scott Adams 'Cognitive Dissonance.' So I might look in to see what happens. When this forum become mature enough to have a constructive conversation above PBN level on politics and related, I might engage again. But I don't see that happening for a bit.

http://blog.dilbert.com/2018/05/26/e...ve-dissonance/

if you do not believe you are correct in an argument, then why are you arguing? how is this a criticism of anyone's argument? ... that would imply that you are/have arguing(ed) a point, you are not confident in.

and that, would be moronic. i mean most of the garbage you post is, but i did at least assume that YOU believed what you were posting. is this not the case? how is actually believing the data's obvious conclusions and being confident in such conclusions ... a bad thing? feeling a bit insecure are we?

you are attempting to conflate confidence in the data supporting my argument, and the lack of data supporting yours, for dogma.

i can tell you what evidence you need to convince me, and if you show it, i would be convinced. you simply don't have that evidence. because that evidence doesn't exist.

to convince me the sun is the source of climate change you will need to show the TSI increasing. you can't do that. ergo i know the sun in not the source of climate change. i am confident in this conclusion because there is no evidence of the TSI increasing.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 07-17-2018 at 03:50 PM.

My favorite is being called a frothing rabid liberal, and everyone vanishes when I use Mr. Trump's favorite perjorative as if it's just too jarring.

Snowflakes.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    My favorite is being called a frothing rabid liberal, and everyone vanishes when I use Mr. Trump's favorite perjorative as if it's just too jarring.

Snowflakes.
    what a lost of civility.

Looks like the Trump tariffs are working

China is investing 9 times more into Europe than into North America, report reveals
    China is investing nine times more into Europe than it is into North America as policies force a divergence in demographic preference, a report released this week reveals.
    In the first six months of the year, newly announced Chinese M&A into Europe was $20 billion compared to $2.5 billion in North America.
    Chinese outbound FDI into North America has dropped by a whopping 92 percent in the last year from $24 billion to $2 billion.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/17/chin...h-america.html