Page 101 of 228 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Insider
    Talking about motive - if you think your opponent on the political field is motivated by racism, or something evil, you are wrong.

In almost all things, they are motivated by things they feel are noble, important, substantial and for the benefit of everyone.

Both sides think this.

It is Good vs Good.

If you think the other side is evil, you do not understand them at all.

And Sun Tzu has a bit about that.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Talking about motive - if you think your opponent on the political field is motivated by racism, or something evil, you are wrong.

In almost all things, they are motivated by things they feel are noble, important, substantial and for the benefit of everyone.

Both sides think this.

It is Good vs Good.

First, I don't see conservatives as the enemy. Trump Republicans maybe.

But that has to be the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...threats-to?amp

These are the people you're insisting aren't racist or mysogynistic.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...threats-to?amp

These are the people you're insisting aren't racist or mysogynistic.
    That's like pointing to antifa and saying they represent all democrats. Sweeping generalizations, especially with respect to extremism, are silly.

I propose a new topic... the FDA, DEA and CSA regulations are absurd.

https://www.dea.gov/drug-scheduling

Cannabis & pretty much all hallucinogens fall into the category where they clearly DON'T fit the definition of schedule 1 drugs as they have been proven to have medical benefits. Meanwhile, my dumb state is pushing to expand CBD into the cannabis regulations despite the fact that cannibanoids are naturally occurring in the brain and the extracts are many times from hemp. I honestly can't stand the prohibitive policy on these things. Xanax & ambien are schedule 4!?! Lol wut.

For Gordon:

You made the claim. It is a "The Moon is made of Cheese" claim. Until you prove it, it isn't on me or anyone to prove otherwise. You made the claim, back it up buttercup.

Or, I can just go "Gordon F's [inserts animal of choice.]"

Come on. Prove otherwise. Prove what I said isn't real. You can't, can you? You might not openly self report. You might not be hiding the truth.

See how weak that position is? Oh, it can egg on a 'woke' crowd. But as an argument, it is weak, fake, tea. And that is all you did. You made a slur. Welcome to 5th grade.

No Steve - it is basically correlation doesn't equal causation. It is valid. Unless you are trying to sell us astrology outcome doesn't prove intent.

These laws 'could' stop minority votes. But Felons are not allowed to vote, and there is potential for voter fraud. Almost every other country has voter ID laws, even developing countries, even Iraq did after the toppling of Saddam. If they can do it, why not the US?

That is just sound fucking policy, and everybody else does it. Here is a wiki of it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_Identification_laws

So we are told Vote ID is racist. The funny part is that white people on the left think it is hard for that black people can't get ID, and black people in Harlem think they are stupid for saying that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs

I could go on and on and on. This is NOT proof of racism. This is, again, proof that everything is considered racist by the current Left side of the argument. It isn't proof though. It is assumption.

As I have said before, and Larry Elder also did, the biggest factor, even among the left, is the large number of males raised with out a father in various parts of society. This is a factor that is 10:1 a bigger affect on holding the average black population back from the white vs racism.

Again, watch Larry Elder. Here is another link you won't watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piwaBO6U43U

Ryan: Can't say I am totally happy to be back, but chatting with you is a welcome deviation from the current norm.
    republicans in north Carolina literally told a court of law it was to suppress democratic voters (based on race)

sorry. voter ID laws are, BY THE PEOPLE WHO PASS THEM, admitted to be only about suppressing democratic turnout.

if you have a problem with that statement, take it up with your own party. they are the ones that said it. under oath, in a court of a law.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/no...lina-voter-id/

this is not a democrat making this claim, its from there very guys who wrote and passed and enforce the law. its about suppressing democratic votes, based on race.

you lose.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-25-2018 at 10:07 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Both sides think this.

It is Good vs Good.

i believe locking children in up in concentration camps is evil. and anyone who supports such behavior is evil.

it is not good versus good. we have very real, very evil portions of our society dragging us towards fascism.

if there is one blessing of the trump administration, its shown me who i simply disagree with on political philosophy, and who, truly, is a garbage human being. they are not the same, but the trump administration gives us a true litmus test. if you support putting children in concentration camps, you are a garbage human being. if you don't support raising the minimum wage, we just disagree on political grounds.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-25-2018 at 10:30 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    I think the GOP isn't serving racists, it's USING the racist tendency of their electorate to advance what is largely aplatform of crony capitalism. The policies themselves aren't generally racist, though they do disproportionately benefit the rich.

Tax policy, defense spending, dismantling environmental regulations. . . hard for these policies to be racist prima facie IMO
    As an outside observer, this is what I see and feel.
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    I think the GOP isn't serving racists, it's USING the racist tendency of their electorate to advance what is largely aplatform of crony capitalism. The policies themselves aren't generally racist, though they do disproportionately benefit the rich.

Tax policy, defense spending, dismantling environmental regulations. . . hard for these policies to be racist prima facie IMO
    as i detailed, there is a difference between motivations, and justifications.

but behind almost every GOP policy, racism is either the motivation, or the (often unspoken) justification.

Insider
    i believe locking children in up in concentration camps is evil. and anyone who supports such behavior is evil.
    Obama on why he increased the budget for the camps and started locking up children.

The government had one lightly used 100-bed facility in central Pennsylvania and added three larger facilities in Texas and New Mexico holding thousands.

The New Mexico facility would later close and Obama would face legal challenges that stopped him from detaining mothers and children indefinitely.

A federal judge in California ruled that the Obama administration was violating a 20-year old case, known as Flores when it kept families detained for longer than 20 days. The Trump administration has used the Flores settlement as the backbone for the separation practice and Wednesday's order will likely cause more court challenges to Flores.

Chris Chmielenski, Numbers USA's director of content and activism, said the Obama administration was put "under incredible pressure" not to hold families. Chmielenski argued the administration didn*t fight hard enough. "It's part of the reason we're in the position we are in," he said.

Obama took other controversial steps as well, including fighting to block efforts to require unaccompanied children to have legal representation and barring detained mothers with their children from being released on bond.

The administration also deported a teenage mother and her son back to Honduras soon after she attempted suicide at Texas family detention center.

Her lawyer, Bryan Johnson, finds its difficult making comparisons saying they were both tough on enforcement. But he worries comparing what Trump did to Obama makes the crisis today look less significant.

*Obama was bad. ... I think the main difference is scale here with Trump."

While Obama downplayed his enforcement, Trump has embraced and made it a signature issue of his presidency.
    So, Obama is Evil. Got it. Wait. Trump. Because when Obama did it the news held back the pictures that were taken in 2014, and then when they were released in 2018 the news put it everywhere. Funny that.

Actually, you are just fucking clueless as to WHY.

The WHY has to do with the fact that Obama did it as a deterrent to future border crossers. He wanted to stop families from crossing and bringing their family which often allowed them special treatment - which meant some strangers would take pay to fake being a family so a parent could get a kid across the border when they couldn't. He wanted families to stay back.

Taking the kids away comes from the parents immediately being felons, and now going to court. They were separated because the parents are going through the court system in an attempt to fix the longer than 20 day waiting list Obama had in place.

Gordon, stop proving how clueless you are about every fucking thing. Do some research. Put down Kool-aid. And the forums. Because you SUCK at them.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com