Page 103 of 228 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    you have left the rational universe, and are now in la la land.
    Yet you're the one that claims the moon is made of cheese. You have no moral high-ground. The "concentration camps" have been there for years. You just never cared. They're expanding as a byproduct of enforcement of policies that have been there for years. Yet you don't care. Instead of talking rational policy changes it's easier for you to call names and stomp around like a 2-year old. That is just pushing more people towards "racist policies." It's your fault the kids are in the camps just as much as Trump's. You push the moderates towards an extreme position with your irrational, indignant counter-arguments. Stop calling names and talk policy if you actually care enough to make a difference.
    Last edited by ironyusa; 10-25-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    Yet you're the one that claims the moon is made of cheese. You have no moral high-ground. The "concentration camps" have been there for years. You just never cared. They're expanding as a byproduct of enforcement of policies that have been there for years. Yet you don't care. Instead of talking rational policy changes it's easier for you to call names and stomp around like a 2-year old. That is just pushing more people towards "racist policies." It's your fault the kids are in the camps just as much as Trump's. You push the moderates towards an extreme position with your irrational, indignant counter-arguments. Stop calling names and talk policy.
    no, they have not been there for years.

we have had prisons and jails. we have not had tent cities for babies.

im sorry, you are factually wrong.

there is no rational policy when you have concentration camps of children. sorry. rational does not even enter into the conversation.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-25-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Nope. I'm not wrong.

well you are. i dont know what to tell you.

i would love, to hear how trump's child separation policy and the results of it are my fault.

talk about claiming the moon is cheese. jesus fucking christ. this is why we can't have nice things.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

No I'm not. You could always use facts. Problem is that if you understood them you'd see how this isn't actually a new problem. Josh already showed you multiple sources that you can use to trace the policy's origin. Enforcing rules that already existed make someone a horrible person? I suppose we can agree that it's obvious there are flaws with our immigration law. What SHOULD be done is a productive conversation. Saying "let them all go" isn't a viable answer.

I already told you. When you frame arguments with extremism and make everything about race instead of policy you force people to the other side. That's the natural consequence of how you behave. That's on you and people like you. You framed your arguments on false pretenses and can't defend them (or even explain them) rationally. For that, you lose. You will always lose with that tactic.

No I'm not. You could always use facts. Problem is that if you understood them you'd see how this isn't actually a new problem. Josh already showed you multiple sources that you can use to trace the policy's origin. Enforcing rules that already existed make someone a horrible person? I suppose we can agree that it's obvious there are flaws with our immigration law. What SHOULD be done is a productive conversation. Saying "let them all go" isn't a viable answer.

I already told you. When you frame arguments with extremism and make everything about race instead of policy you force people to the other side. That's the natural consequence of how you behave. That's on you and people like you. You framed your arguments on false pretenses and can't defend them (or even explain them) rationally. For that, you lose. You will always lose with that tactic.
    you do not find the fact that obama didn't do anything in enforcing the law even remotely similar to trump, to be a relevant fact?

if that makes me an extremest, i guess im an extremest.

america in 2018: being against forcing babies to represent themselves in court makes you an extremest.

and yet. here we are. you cannot have a productive conversation if being against having babies defend themselves in court, is an extremist position.

you can only have a productive conversation if we agree: what trump is doing is both very different than anything we have done before, and downright evil.

if we agree on that, then we can have a productive conversation.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-25-2018 at 02:49 PM.

you do not find the fact that obama didn't do anything in enforcing the law even remotely similar to trump, to be a relevant fact?
    No because it isn't true.

if that makes me an extremest, i guess im an extremest.

america in 2018: being against forcing babies to represent themselves in court makes you an extremest.

and yet. here we are. you cannot have a productive conversation if being against having babies defend themselves in court, is an extremist position.
    Do not enforce isn't a viable policy position. Framing everything you don't agree with as "racist" is extremest.

you can only have a productive conversation if we agree: what trump is doing is both very different than anything we have done before, and downright evil.

if we agree on that, then we can have a productive conversation.
    I don't agree with Trump on everything. Going back to the points above... this is not new, do not enforce isn't a viable position and from earlier - outcome doesn't prove intent.

On all a majority of policy issues (like most Americans) I am open to listening to other opinions and even changing my position. Calling names isn't going to do it though.

No because it isn't true.

Do not enforce isn't a viable policy position. Framing everything you don't agree with as "racist" is extremest.

I don't agree with Trump on everything. Going back to the points above... this is not new, do not enforce isn't a viable position and from earlier - outcome doesn't prove intent.

On all a majority of policy issues (like most Americans) I am open to listening to other opinions and even changing my position. Calling names isn't going to do it though.
    and yet, no one has presented evidence against racism being either a motivation or justification for most of the GOP policies either. the fallacy of the moderate seems adapt here. note me and lurker did not disagree earlier on the subject. racism often justifies the crony capitalism. i have not said that everything i disagree with is racist. quite the opposite. there are plenty of things i disagree with that arnt based on racism, just that most GOP policies are either motivated by, or justified by racism.

if you don't agree that what trump has done with his child seperation policy and its outcomes is both very different than obama's actions, and fundamentally evil ... we will not have a productive conversation.

the trump litmus test in action.

though i suppose, i shouldn't have actually been surprised, you did declare that i couldn't have meaningful relationships.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-25-2018 at 03:10 PM.

and yet, no one has presented evidence against racism being either a motivation or justification for most of the GOP policies either. the fallacy of the moderate seems adapt here. note me and lurker did not disagree earlier on the subject. racism often justifies the crony capitalism.

if you don't agree that what trump has done with his child seperation policy and its outcomes is both very different than obama's actions, and fundamentally evil ... we will not have a productive conversation.

the trump litmus test in action.

though i suppose, i shouldn't have actually been surprised, you did declare that i couldn't have meaningful relationships.
    Because nobody has to present evidence that moon isn't made of cheese. You're the one that made an idiotic assertion. Prove it.

I believe the outcome of the existing policy when enforced has some very bad consequences. I also believe we need to have serious discussions as a nation about immigration reform.

I still believe your relationship is meaningless. As do societal and evolutionary mechanisms. Cute though that you're considering a traditional institution (marriage) to legitimize your status. Facts > your feelings
    Last edited by ironyusa; 10-25-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Because nobody has to present evidence that moon isn't made of cheese. You're the one that made an idiotic assertion. Prove it.

I believe the outcome of the existing policy when enforced has some very bad consequences.

I still believe your relationship is meaningless. As do societal and evolutionary mechanisms. Cute though that you're considering a traditional institution (marriage) to legitimize your status. Facts > your feelings
    i did. i gave an explanation for the stated phenomena, that fits with the facts. and no one has shown any evidence that its substantially disagrees. the reason why the rank and file GOP voter doesn't care about running a massive deficit to give white rich dudes more money, and has a crisis when we give brown poor people money ... is racism.

no one has presented evidence that substantially disagrees with that. we have talked about crony capitalism and racism and how they interact in the GOP's policy making and justification, but no one has presented a real reason why the very poor whites that the GOP's tax policy hurts the most, keep voting for it ... is because of racism. racims as a tool justifying a policy, racism as the purpose of the policy, kinda potato potahto. i understand there is a difference there, and posted several long posts on that subject as well, but at its core ... they are both just racism.

i don't even know how to unpack your last paragraph. evolution? wow. no idea where that comes from or how would one want the scientific observation that genetic diversity and a changing environment changes the lifeforms genetic diversity to give there relationship meaning, but im not here to judge. if evolution gives your relationship meaning ... good for you? "traditional" marriage is actually far closer to a marriage i would have then you currently have, which makes your last sentence truly and utterly baffling.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-25-2018 at 03:40 PM.