Page 104 of 228 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Insider
    Gordon,

I am sorry they dont make a pill for cognitive dissonance yet. You do suffer from it quite strongly.

At this point people watching may best prepare for reality by listening to what you say, and then expecting the exact opposite. It would be more accurate on average and they would have a better life.

Unless this is some complex Dadaist act, and then bra-fucking-vo. Nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Gordon,

I am sorry they dont make a pill for cognitive dissonance yet. You do suffer from it quite strongly.

At this point people watching may best prepare for reality by listening to what you say, and then expecting the exact opposite. It would be more accurate on average and they would have a better life.

Unless this is some complex Dadaist act, and then bra-fucking-vo. Nailed it.
    im not the one espousing that the other side, that is defending child concentration camps, is a matter of good versus good. i am under no illusion that child concentration camps is some form of moral relativist bullshit.

on the plus side, i really understand the history of fascism far better. i feel like i truly understand how fascism works and why it is so very tempting for humans to organize in such a way.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-25-2018 at 03:35 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    i did. i gave an explanation for the stated phenomena, that fits with the facts. and no one has shown any evidence that its substantially disagrees. the reason why the rank and file GOP voter doesn't care about running a massive deficit to give rich dudes more money, and has a crisis when we give poor people money.
    Your statement makes more sense with the idiocy removed.

but no one has presented a real reason why the very poor whites that the GOP's tax policy hurts the most
    Because you failed to understand identity politics and how to frame a narrative.

i don't even know how to unpack your last paragraph. evolution? wow. no idea where that comes from. "traditional" marriage is actually far closer to a marriage i would have then you currently have, which makes your last sentence truly and utterly baffling.
    Nothing to unpack. I don't care what you chose to do, but you seem to need affirmation from strangers on the internet which is why you keep posting about it. I think your entire viewpoint on relationships is tilted and isn't good for rearing kids or society as a whole. I'm really bored with listening to you cry about it. You have the right to be in the relationship and I have a right to to my beliefs. If government is going to define marriage then the measuring stick should revolve around tax incentives for kids, however, I think government should have NO role in marriage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    Your statement makes more sense with the idiocy removed.

Because you failed to understand identity politics and how to frame a narrative.

Nothing to unpack. I don't care what you chose to do, but you seem to need affirmation from strangers on the internet which is why you keep posting about it. I think your entire viewpoint on relationships is tilted and isn't good for rearing kids or society as a whole. I'm really bored with listening to you cry about it. You have the right to be in the relationship and I have a right to to my beliefs. If government is going to define marriage then the measuring stick should revolve around tax incentives for kids, however, I think government should have NO role in marriage at all.
    identity politics is largely based on ...........

and don't kid yourself, you were the one who placed judgment on my relationship(s). totally unsolicited. i didn't ask for, nor want, your blessing to live my life how i live my life. you declared it to be worthless totally unsolicited.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

identity politics is largely based on ...........

and don't kid yourself, you were the one who placed judgment on my relationship(s). totally unsolicited. i didn't ask for, nor want, your blessing to live my life how i live my life. you declared it to be worthless totally unsolicited.
    Read the report. Race has lower correlation than several other factors, and for racist policies to pass then the majority of people would have to be racists. Which is why I reject race as a source of compulsion and suggest that good old fashion greed doesn't care about any color except green. It just so happens that there is a socio-economic stratification that correlates with race.

You posted on a public forum. You put it out there.

Read the report. Race has lower correlation than several other factors, and for racist policies to pass then the majority of people would have to be racists. Which is why I reject race as a source of compulsion and suggest that good old fashion greed doesn't care about any color except green. It just so happens that there is a socio-economic stratification that correlates with race.

You posted on a public forum. You put it out there.
    the report that doesn't work because self reporting racism isnt real.

identity politics is based largely on ..... race! the second thing identity politics is based on ..... class! the thrid thing identity politics is based on is ... gender! thank you for proving my point.

ah, so stating my relationship structure means i must be begging for your validation of it?

yeah, your right, im never really gonna get most married dudes thought processes. the audacity to double and triple down on declaring someone elses relationship meaningless totally unsolicited, is just not a thing i understand.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-25-2018 at 03:54 PM.

You didn't even try to understand. Not even a little. The report says otherwise and you clearly didn't read it. You're satisfied running around using derogatory terms for people with which you disagree. Trump will win again if you and your tribe don't find a different tact.

Stating anything on a forum makes it subject for discussion or debate. That's how this works.

You didn't even try to understand. Not even a little. The report says otherwise and you clearly didn't read it. You're satisfied running around using derogatory terms for people with which you disagree. Trump will win again if you and your tribe don't find a different tact.

Stating anything on a forum makes it subject for discussion or debate. That's how this works.
    i also specifically said that the term "racist" is pretty pointless to apply to particular humans. its not really a useful discussion. ergo specifically not labeling anyone racist. i mean, if you are reading my posts at all ...

self reporting of racism isn't good science. period. the report can claim the report is accurate, but napkin god isn't real either. "hey you gotta believe this report because it says so right here in this report!" it has also been brought by several other posters, several times now, that there is a lot of racism that people do not even notice. and you can't report what you don't even notice. even if you wanted to report yourself as being racist, which no one wants to do. junk in = junk out.

so, if you want to claim that there is some other mechanism by the GOP is hypocritical about deficit spending ... im all ears. but really, its racism.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-25-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Insider
    See, here is the problem Gordon.

First: Nobody here defended concentration camps for kids. You are again in strawman land.
    Second: it isn't happening like you said it is. And it was turned around FAST. Trump, in total, has separated far fewer kids from parents than Obama did at this point. Obama's deportation was high, as I showed before.
    Third: it happened in 2014 because that was when the pictures were taken. Trump wasnt president then. Which I sadly have to remind you.
    Fourth: you assign motivation that is totally counter to the motivation that DHS, Obama and Trump and Bush have been very clear on.
    Fifth: you assign it just to Trump, and for explanation you do not back up. You imply it is obvious. But you are the only one hearing it.

This happened under every president you could have voted for. This happened for what was considered partially sound policy (some was overturned during Obama.)

Lastly: when the complications from his original plan caused an issue with previously mandated policy were brought to his attention Trump fixed it. Completely. Quickly.

Your reply ignores this and defame people incorrectly. You do not understand the other side. You still think they are motivated by evil.

The funny part is Fascism, well the populous movement, is actually driven by people who think the other side is evil.

Germans though Jews were evil. Stalinists thought the rich were evil. So it justified their actions. If you think the other side is evil, then you are the fascist.

Have a good day Gordon.

On a side note, I dont judge your relationship and I am glad you are happy. But you might try enjoying it a bit more instead of playing on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    See, here is the problem Gordon.

First: Nobody here defended concentration camps for kids. You are again in strawman land.
    Second: it isn't happening like you said it is. And it was turned around FAST. Trump, in total, has separated far fewer kids from parents than Obama did at this point. Obama's deportation was high, as I showed before.
    Third: it happened in 2014 because that was when the pictures were taken. Trump wasnt president then. Which I sadly have to remind you.
    Fourth: you assign motivation that is totally counter to the motivation that DHS, Obama and Trump and Bush have been very clear on.
    Fifth: you assign it just to Trump, and for explanation you do not back up. You imply it is obvious. But you are the only one hearing it.

This happened under every president you could have voted for. This happened for what was considered partially sound policy (some was overturned during Obama.)

Lastly: when the complications from his original plan caused an issue with previously mandated policy were brought to his attention Trump fixed it. Completely. Quickly.

Your reply ignores this and defame people incorrectly. You do not understand the other side. You still think they are motivated by evil.

The funny part is Fascism, well the populous movement, is actually driven by people who think the other side is evil.

Germans though Jews were evil. Stalinists thought the rich were evil. So it justified their actions. If you think the other side is evil, then you are the fascist.

Have a good day Gordon.

On a side note, I dont judge your relationship and I am glad you are happy. But you might try enjoying it a bit more instead of playing on the internet.
    again, if you do not understand the difference between what trump has done, and what obama did ... i can't help you.

there is a very well documented list of experts, former and current justice and immigration officials in the article i posted clearly laying out exactly why and what trump has done and how different and dangerous it is. there are dozens more articles written on the subject.

i can't convince you the sky is blue. it just is. if you cannot tell the difference, there is no amount of evidence showing that difference i can give you.

if you are not defending trumps policies, then can you state, in a single sentence, that you believe they are wrong and evil?
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-25-2018 at 04:14 PM.