Page 107 of 228 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Insider
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...G8X_SK8i-VsbEl

Sorry for the long link, a synopsis of the HS act of 2002, section 462.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    not really a defense since the shoe fits. so you are just admitting it? i don't get how "OMG liberals are saying that since we said nazis are fine people, that we might think nazis are fine people? .... CRAZY" is somehow an argument. he said nazis are fine people. its not crazy to think that trump thinks nazis are fine people.

literally what direction is up in your world?
    You clearly don't care about context. He was trying to resolve a conflict NOT supporting/ condoning the agenda. Your confirmation bias has completely blinded you.

What's the #1 preventable killer of young black men in the US? Black on black homicide. https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...n-americans-1/

criminal homicide rate among young black males is significantly higher than other groups. This, experts agreed, has to do with poverty and geography.
    You don't care about them. The problem is money, not race. Always was, but you care more about demonizing <white> people than actually trying to help. You and all your liberal friends are perpetuating a problem that isn't relevant anymore. Until we improve the socio-economic disparities (not with welfare or redistribution of wealth) by fighting policies steeped in crony capitalism, we won't have a clear indicator of the current state of race relations. Fight fire with fire by reframing the notion of what's the "American" thing to do. IMO, a more effective counter-attack against Trump's MAGA campaign is to use that same exact slogan but manipulate "how" we MAGA. Same tribal appeal; different message. FTR, I don't like Trump as a person and I don't agree with all of his policies.

I put extremists on both sides in the same pile of human scum and you're right there with the neo-nazis. I don't agree that it's good vs good. The book "Getting to Yes" is about negotiation and separates the concepts of "interests" and "positions." The former being the motive for the later. Your interest is clearly not solutions or helping, because that'd require understanding. Your interest is in tearing people down, calling names and then crying like a baby when people don't respond favorably. Your positions are hollow as a result.

If you'd like to drop your white-knight cape and try to talk about specific policies and how they should change, then it'd be more interesting.

Insider
    You know, demonizing white people is being racist. Even if you are white.

So, you are saying you hate yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    If she said it, you should be able to supply a quote that has her saying exactly that.

And no, I didnt defend anything of the sort. And you know it. Misdirection and putting words in my mouth instead of actually addressing how wrong your reply is.

If I dont answer the way you expect, you just answer as if I did.

Where have we seen this before?

https://i.imgflip.com/236ale.jpg
    if you don't defend it, then why can't you state its wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Please find the exact quote where Trump said Nazis are fine people.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-sides/537012/

easy.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    You clearly don't care about context. He was trying to resolve a conflict NOT supporting/ condoning the agenda. Your confirmation bias has completely blinded you.

What's the #1 preventable killer of young black men in the US? Black on black homicide. https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...n-americans-1/

You don't care about them. The problem is money, not race. Always was, but you care more about demonizing <white> people than actually trying to help. You and all your liberal friends are perpetuating a problem that isn't relevant anymore. Until we improve the socio-economic disparities (not with welfare or redistribution of wealth) by fighting policies steeped in crony capitalism, we won't have a clear indicator of the current state of race relations. Fight fire with fire by reframing the notion of what's the "American" thing to do. IMO, a more effective counter-attack against Trump's MAGA campaign is to use that same exact slogan but manipulate "how" we MAGA. Same tribal appeal; different message. FTR, I don't like Trump as a person and I don't agree with all of his policies.

I put extremists on both sides in the same pile of human scum and you're right there with the neo-nazis. I don't agree that it's good vs good. The book "Getting to Yes" is about negotiation and separates the concepts of "interests" and "positions." The former being the motive for the later. Your interest is clearly not solutions or helping, because that'd require understanding. Your interest is in tearing people down, calling names and then crying like a baby when people don't respond favorably. Your positions are hollow as a result.

If you'd like to drop your white-knight cape and try to talk about specific policies and how they should change, then it'd be more interesting.
    the number one killer of white poeple, is white poeple. the statistics are clear that mostly poeple kill within there own race. this isn't news to anyone. literally.

but the notion that we should only hold our police to the same standards as murderers is absurd. "murders kill more blacks than police, so we should be a-ok with police murdering blacks" is an insane claim. our police should be held to a higher standard of conduct.

trump very clearly stated that there were fine people on both sides. the other side being actual, they claim it for themselves ... nazis. it is not a confirmation bias to conclude that trump was referring to both sides when he said "both sides" one of those sides ... in there own words ... are nazis. ergo, trump believes that nazis are fine people.

you are either willfully lying, or a moron if you actually believe trump's words stated that he did not think nazis were fine people.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-26-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    the number one killer of white poeple, is white poeple. the statistics are clear that mostly poeple kill within there own race. this isn't news to anyone. literally.

but the notion that we should only hold our police to the same standards as murderers is absurd. "murders kill more blacks than police, so we should be a-ok with police murdering blacks" is an insane claim. our police should be held to a higher standard of conduct.

trump very clearly stated that there were fine people on both sides. the other side being actual, they claim it for themselves ... nazis. it is not a confirmation bias to conclude that trump was referring to both sides when he said "both sides" one of those sides ... in there own words ... are nazis. ergo, trump believes that nazis are fine people.

you are either willfully lying, or a moron if you actually believe trump's words stated that he did not think nazis were fine people.
    Where did I say anything about police?

And you are factually incorrect. The number one killer of young white males is car accidents. If you normalize the data to the population there's a clear disparity in rates of occurrence. But, you simply don't care about the black community.

Where did I say anything about police?

And you are factually incorrect. The number one killer of young white males is car accidents. If you normalize the data to the population there's a clear disparity in rates of occurrence. But, you simply don't care about the black community.
    now you are being deliberately obtuse. and you wonder why we can't have productive conversations. lol

soybean exports to china drop to nearly zero: https://www.newsandguts.com/trumps-t...AJSRgluJ6NMmvE

the trump rescission is coming fast.

You keep putting words and people's mouths. You have moved the goal post from "all republican policies are racist" to immigration, to nazis to cops. Zero proof, or even really specific policy for that matter. I offered an alternative to your initial supposition that rather than race, greed was the driver for "all republican policies." You just jump from unfounded, emotional claim to name calling. You are literally the source of perpetuation of the problems you pretend to care about. There is literally 0 indication that you actually care about anyone. If you really wanted to end the situation at the border, then you'd learn how to frame a relate-able conversation that'd compel people to vote or write their representation about the way they should bring about change.

You: Daddy, I want a cookie.
    Dad: No son, it's empty calories and it'll ruin your appetite.
    You: I hate you! I want a cookie now!

The progression of your logic is always: idiotic assertion > logical counter from someone else > tantrum.

You cannot prove "all republican policies" are racist prima facie. Let's start way back there with your idiotic assertion. Instead, let's try to frame it... since clearly net-neutrality isn't about race we can drop the hyperbole of "all." Now, what specific policies are racist and what indications do you have that they are, in fact, racially motivated instead of being motivated by greed? If you can do that, then I'm open to have my opinion changed.

You keep putting words and people's mouths. You have moved the goal post from "all republican policies are racist" to immigration, to nazis to cops. Zero proof, or even really specific policy for that matter. I offered an alternative to your initial supposition that rather than race, greed was the driver for "all republican policies." You just jump from unfounded, emotional claim to name calling. You are literally the source of perpetuation of the problems you pretend to care about. There is literally 0 indication that you actually care about anyone. If you really wanted to end the situation at the border, then you'd learn how to frame a relate-able conversation that'd compel people to vote or write their representation about the way they should bring about change.

You: Daddy, I want a cookie.
    Dad: No son, it's empty calories and it'll ruin your appetite.
    You: I hate you! I want a cookie now!

The progression of your logic is always: idiotic assertion > logical counter from someone else > tantrum.

You cannot prove "all republican policies" are racist prima facie. Let's start way back there with your idiotic assertion. Instead, let's try to frame it... since clearly net-neutrality isn't about race we can drop the hyperbole of "all." Now, what specific policies are racist and what indications do you have that they are, in fact, racially motivated instead of being motivated by greed? If you can do that, then I'm open to have my opinion changed.
    no, you guys keep tossing things into the conversation. my claim is still the same as it has been. the only clarification has been due to the conversation with lurker, in that racism can be part of the justification (spoken or unspoken) or the express intent. but its always there. really, at the end of the day, i don't care that much between racism that sells a bad policy, and policies that are explicitly racist ... its just racism either way.

either in the justification or the purpose of all GOP policies, there is racism. this has not changed.

you and josh can toss as many grenades as you want, but this is the claim, and it has not changed. no goal posts have changed. just you and josh have been tossing grenades on all manner of topics into the conversation. my claim remains untouched.

i already framed it based on fiscal policy. i cannot think of a reason why the rank and file of the GOP is perfectly ok, even ecstatic to run a massive deficit that hurts them, as long as its spent of rich white people, but it is a crisis to spend money on poor black people .... besides racism.

if you want to suggest and show another reason, you are welcome to. but really, its racism.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-26-2018 at 11:35 AM.