Page 119 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Insider
    I think we also should look at the political dynamic as Authoritarian vs Libertarian. Not just left vs right, but also up vs down. Like on the Worlds Shortest Political Quiz.

https://www.theadvocates.org/quiz/

I am dead upper center.

And Gordon, I am still not replying to you. Save yourself some time bud.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by d0cwho View Post
    I thought it was free college for public universities. On the medicare for all proposal, I'm pretty sure it was so generous that you wouldn't need additional coverage.

Agree on the bigger pool. Also needs more government oversight over cost control. I've actually thought a Federal Energy Regulatory Commission model would work well in the U.S., by pitting healthcare systems against insurers and take out the patient from the equation of payment. Essentially, a doctor would submit a payment to a patient's insurer. That insurer can then either to choose to make the payment, submit a lower payment if it believes the doctor overcharged, or refuse to pay if the doctor was padding the bill. Under this system, the doctor/hospital couldn't go back to the patient to collect, but would have to file a claim with the Federal commission to argue the payment was "just and reasonable." The two could duke it out and you would eventually get a body of precedent established over time that would hopefully lower prices while still allowing the market to play a role.
    you don't need additional coverage in Germany either. but if you dont want to wait for non-emergency procedures, or coverage for elective procedures etc etc, you can buy and source additional services. but you basic and emergency needs are taken care of. interestingly, it is still multi-pool.

its tough to pin down until there is an actual policy proposal. id encourage you too look deeper than the 2 or 3 word catch phrases though at what the actual proposals are. free college is agree is a little silly, but i don't think i've seen all college, free to all, proposed anywhere. some college, for some folks, free, yes.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Yeah. I'd prefer ranked choice. I think it would work well in the system we have given we don't have a parliament.
    Huge fan. Some states have it IIRC.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    And Gordon, I am still not replying to you. Save yourself some time bud.
    gonna be fun shooting down your talking points without needing to worry about a rebuttal.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    you don't need additional coverage in Germany either. but if you dont want to wait for non-emergency procedures, or coverage for elective procedures etc etc, you can buy and source additional services. but you basic and emergency needs are taken care of. interestingly, it is still multi-pool.

its tough to pin down until there is an actual policy proposal. id encourage you too look deeper than the 2 or 3 word catch phrases though at what the actual proposals are. free college is agree is a little silly, but i don't think i've seen all college, free to all, proposed anywhere. some college, for some folks, free, yes.
    I've looked at Bernie's model. It's not very good and doesn't really control costs. Does it save money from where we currently are? Yes, but it could be a lot better. It is more of shifting who pays then solving the problem from what I have read.

I've looked at Bernie's model. It's not very good and doesn't really control costs. Does it save money from where we currently are? Yes, but it could be a lot better. It is more of shifting who pays then solving the problem from what I have read.
    i mean larger pools means better bargaining power = less cost. docs and hospitals argue that medicare gouges them badly, so there is some pretty good savings there.

perfect is the enemy of better. the ACA isn't perfect either, but it sure as hell is better than what we had. a public option (ie a medicare buy in), while not my preferred system, is better yet.

i mean larger pools means better bargaining power = less cost. docs and hospitals argue that medicare gouges them badly, so there is some pretty good savings there.

perfect is the enemy of better. the ACA isn't perfect either, but it sure as hell is better than what we had. a public option (ie a medicare buy in), while not my preferred system, is better yet.
    ACA could be really good if it was nation wide with a federal commission overseeing it. I'm not looking for perfect, I'm looking for well though out.

ACA could be really good if it was nation wide with a federal commission overseeing it. I'm not looking for perfect, I'm looking for well though out.
    well thought out is a battle too hahaha

esp with the GOP playbook of sabotaging legislation in order to fundamentally break it, in order to kill it.

one does not have to explicitly list racism in a public statement, in order to be using racism to support a policy. thats just, absurd.

i never said the majority of Republicans want to break up families. i said a measure of if a person is a decent human being or not, is if they find putting babies in cages to defend themselves in immigration court to be anything other than evil. this is a reasonable standard of moral decency IMO. you still have refused to answer this question BTW. you posed that people are decent, i posted a litmus test for decency. i think a lot of poeple fail that test, ergo there are not as many decent poeple in the USA as you claim, or as i thought there were before the 2016 cycle. i have to admit, the real fallout for me from the trump election, was learning just how fucking awful about 35% of americans truly are.

you accuse me of hyperbole? you just said that i claimed the majority of republicans want to break up families. lol

i think you making repeated, boldly unsupported, unwanted judgments of others lives says far more about who you are, than it does anyone you judge.
    Racism is a very serious accusation, Gordon. For you to say "everything comes back to racism" then either the policy or each individual in an electorate majority is. You have proved neither. It's an dangerous and idiotic position.

Your question about the border situation is just virtue signaling. You're using it as a hollow tactic to pedal your ideology under the guise of compassion. It's a sure-sign that you're a regressive leftist.

Fact (what I said): No kids = no contribution to the genetic pool (re: Biology doesn't care)
    Judgement (the strawman you created): my religion suggests... which I never said

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    Racism is a very serious accusation, Gordon. For you to say "everything comes back to racism" then either the policy or each individual in an electorate majority is. You have proved neither. It's an dangerous and idiotic position.

Your question about the border situation is just virtue signaling. You're using it as a hollow tactic to pedal your ideology under the guise of compassion. It's a sure-sign that you're a regressive leftist.

Fact (what I said): No kids = no contribution to the genetic pool (re: Biology doesn't care)
    Judgement (the strawman you created): my religion suggests... which I never said
    as i said before, repeatedly, i am totally, 100% uninterested in discussing the notion of people being racist or not. its a pretty silly argument to begin with.

i have only talked about policies and ideas. these policies and ideas and the support they receive are racist.

biology doesn't care because biology is the study of living things. its a practice, not something with feelings. its can't care. it doesn't care about your relationships either, because it doesn't care, because its a field of research, not something with feelings. like saying jumping rope is depressed. its nonsensical on its face value. you do not need religion in order to judge. you judged my relationships to be worthless, no matter what i thought of them. that is judgement, and does not require religion in any sense. i believe your exact repeated phrase was "don't kid yourself" they are worthless, ie even my opinion of my relationship shouldn't matter. it was a pretty bizarre are nonsensical judgement over all, but you just keep going with it. there was even mention of evolution? idk, it was pretty stupid.

my question is very simple, it should not be difficult for anyone, of any political ideology to agree to. agreeing we shouldn't put newborns in court alone to defend themselves in a court of law isn't a political statement. it expresses neither conservative, nor liberal values. if you feel like it does, you should really examine what you believe conservative and liberal mean and exactly what that says about you as a human being.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 11-01-2018 at 05:30 PM.