Page 141 of 228 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Quotes from people who say why they voted for Trump is flat out and completely false?

The 8% on the far left who are not the Exhausted Moderates are not the whitest collection in that study?

No, both of those are truths man. I didn't make up the study, nor did I make up these quotes.

There isn't a 30%+ number of black people supporting Trump?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ll/1013212002/

It is 2018. Try to keep up.
    i literally posted explicitly a response to why Rasmussen polls are bullshit before you posted this, and a trove of far more accurate pollsters put his support among blacks in the single digits.

reading, you should try it. i know its only 1840s, but reading is kinda important.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Republicans would never go for proportional representation, as there are significantly more Democrats in the United States.
    There is a significant reason we are a republic and not a direct democracy.

Do you guys not realize this? Or the why?

I mean, really, it is in the names of the parties? The name of the nation? Come on, don't make me look smarter than y'all want me to be. Ha!

- - - Updated - - -

reading, you should try it. i know its only 1840s, but reading is kinda important.
    You first... start with the EO.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

There is a significant reason we are a republic and not a direct democracy.

Do you guys not realize this? Or the why?

I mean, really, it is in the names of the parties? The name of the nation? Come on, don't make me look smarter than y'all want me to be. Ha!

- - - Updated - - -

You first... start with the EO.
    tyranny of the minority.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    The Senate is where the issue of partisanship and the battle of urban Democrats and rural Republicans most advantages land mass over population. I don't think this is an issue that will resolve until the poles of the party change (business and tech fully enters the democratic party while populism fully consumes the republican party) - and maybe not even then.

Regarding current vs. compact, it's interesting because what we see is that Democrats gerrymandering is roughly counteracting what Republicans are doing. For example, if you look at my state of North Carolina, you can see that the current map and the republican gerrymandered map most closely align. But similar effects in Maryland and Illinois balance that out. Gerrymandering is a real problem, but so is also the fact that democratic voters consolidate in ways that they can't get proportional representation (a democratic house or senate member is likely to represent more Democrats than a Republican house or senate member is to represent Republicans).

Republicans would never go for proportional representation, as there are significantly more Democrats in the United States.

EDIT: In just a quick scan, South Carolina and Alabama also have current maps that equally match the republican gerrymander match.
    Right but they would always have a large amount of influence in the Senate. It would balance it out. Especially if the Senate went back to requiring 60 votes for everything.

Insider
    President Trump continues to show improvement among African-Americans, but the NAACP Tuesday called him a racist.

In fact, in a new poll released by the group today, Trump*s approval rating among blacks has reached 21 percent, more than double what it was in an April Reuters poll.

But in its analysis, the NAACP slammed Trump and even went as far as claiming that Trump is setting race relations back, a charge that echoes recent media criticism of the president for slamming hoops star LeBron James.
    So, even when the NAACP is calling him a racist, like you, they still have a 21% approval rating.

You realize you are just part of the sheeple out there calling racist on everything, but have so little to show for it you basically have to misunderstand basic laws to come to these conclusions?

I mean, we are just tired of it. The big, 80% middle of exhausted moderates. Your opinion is horrid.

What if your opinion was true? I mean, really true? Even close? Like, say, it wasn't even in 1840. Don't you think right now those racist would do, well, anything like the 1960's DNC still did?

Yet nothing like that has risen. You are touting a Obama policy as proof of Trump racist. That is how bad your comprehension is, and how little the GOP fucking does that is racist.

What a joke.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

I'd love to discuss the why of the republic, but I'd like to clarify that saying Republicans would never got for proportional representation does not mean I'm advocating for direct Democracy.

So, even when the NAACP is calling him a racist, like you, they still have a 21% approval rating.

You realize you are just part of the sheeple out there calling racist on everything, but have so little to show for it you basically have to misunderstand basic laws to come to these conclusions?

I mean, we are just tired of it. The big, 80% middle of exhausted moderates. Your opinion is horrid.

What if your opinion was true? I mean, really true? Even close? Like, say, it wasn't even in 1840. Don't you think right now those racist would do, well, anything like the 1960's DNC still did?

Yet nothing like that has risen. You are touting a Obama policy as proof of Trump racist. That is how bad your comprehension is, and how little the GOP fucking does that is racist.

What a joke.
    still not a counter argument.

i really am racking my brain, but the only conclusion i can come to is you are either lying on purpose, or a moron.

I was about ready to dismiss Zeihan on this article, but perhaps the shift in minority support of Trump matches his predictions:

http://zeihan.com/american-evolution...d-republicans/

If Trump*s core coalition could find a way to massage the race issue, there*s a distinct and mind-bending possibility that not only could the * let*s call them Trumplicans * capture a large chunk of the Hispanic vote, but a sizable piece of the ideologically-similar African-American vote as well. That would easily give the Trumplican coalition an outright majority of American voters.
    Though we should take the grain of salt and acknowledge that it might be premature for Trump to count high numbers of African Americans at the ballot box in 2020.

Insider
    The Great Compromise. Why we have a house and a senate.

Though one bit I did stir up a bit ago was, in the debate originally by our Founding Fathers, was to have one house representative for every 50,000 people - and now we have something like 1 for every 500,000.

I think we would be better served by having more representatives in the house.

I also think it is foolish to assume we would be wildly democratic if we changed the rules now - I think what would happen is the voter base would adjust to cover different areas if they felt there wasn't to much balance.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Insider
    i really am racking my brain, but the only conclusion i can come to is you are either lying on purpose, or a moron.
    I have a suggestion. Maybe you are wrong in your perceptions. That is entirely viable also. Neither of us are stupid Gordon. And I am not lying.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com