Page 182 of 228 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

wow, the barr-censored mueller report is far more damning than i thought it would be.

does barr want a conviction at the end of this too? serious question.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...Ps3nLgqnSDcZSs

If he weren't up for impeachment on obstruction, at a minimum he should be up for impeachment for complete mental deficiency.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

cliff notes:

manafort briefed the russians on election strategy and key states, and the russians used this information to help trump (collusion)
    10 instances of obstruction of justice, that mueller notes, he can't indict the president over
    trump is an unidicted conspirator in campaign finance laws (cohen's individual #1)
    trump frequently ordered his aides to obstruct justice
    don junior broke election law when looking for dirt on the clintons from the russians (not charged barbecues he is such an idiot, no really, that what the report says)
    there are still 12 unknown, unpublished criminal cases that mueller refereed to other offices for prosecution

that this in the redacted, barr released (you know the same attorney general that covered up iran-contra, the illegal arms sale to iran to fund gangs in central america) mueller report.

ho boy, this is worse than we possibly could have imagined.

meanwhile in the obama presidency:

HE WORE A BIKE HELMET
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 04-19-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Trump has still done nothing to protect the electoral process from foreign meddling in the 2020 election cycle.

I'll be over here waiting for conservatives to become outraged over the integrity of our elections, given their obsession with voter ID laws. Unless of course they're just going to concede it was all racist horseshit anyway.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

At this point I don't think impeachment is probably worth it, but I want impeachment proceedings so we can get the GoP on record that none of this matters.

Lindsey graham already said obstruction of justice didnt matter to him.

State Representative (from Iowa) Andy McKean, Registered Republican from 1978 - 2019, Served in the Iowa House of Representatives from 1979 - 1993, the Iowa Senate from 1993 - 2003, then returned to serving in the (state) House of Representatives in 2017.

Here are his comments about the Republican party:

The legislature is considerably more partisan and regimented than it used to be. I believe the increased partisanship often stands in the way of good legislation, and I*m also deeply concerned by the growing influence that big money exerts on the legislative process.

I also found a very changed Republican caucus. While I have great respect and personal regard for my Republican colleagues, I found myself more and more uncomfortable with the stance of my party on the majority of high-profile issues, such as gutting Iowa*s collective-bargaining law and politicizing our method of selecting judges. I worked for changes to improve legislation that I had concerns about, but also voted against many of these priorities.

I might have limped along*attempting to work within my caucus for what I felt was best for the people I represent*if it hadn*t been for another factor. With the 2020 presidential election looming on the horizon, I felt, as a Republican, that I needed to be able to support the standard-bearer of the party. Unfortunately, that is something I*m unable to do.

And his thoughts on Trump:

I believe that it is just a matter of time before our country pays a heavy price for President Donald Trump*s reckless spending and shortsighted financial policies; his erratic, destabilizing foreign policy; and his disdain and disregard for environmental concerns.

Furthermore, he sets a poor example for the nation and our children. He delivers personal insults, often in a crude and juvenile fashion, to those who disagree with him, and is a bully at a time when we*re attempting to discourage bullying, on- and offline.

In addition, he frequently disregards the truth and displays a willingness to ridicule or marginalize people for their appearance, ethnicity, and disability.

I believe that his actions have coarsened political discourse, contributing to unprecedented polarization and creating a breeding ground for hateful rhetoric and actions.

Some would excuse this behavior, claiming Trump is just telling it like it is*and that this is the new normal. If this is the new normal, I want no part of it. Unacceptable behavior should be called out for what it is*and Americans of all parties should insist on something far better from the man holding the highest office in the land.

my father, life long republican, die hard Reagan supporter, this weekend at mothers day, made a crack about conservatives being crazy.

maybe there is hope.

Nah, it'll just become one of those tongue in cheek "look at me being crazy too!" things.

Remember how Trump was the anti-warmonger Republican (lol as if that exists) and wasn't going to get us involved in Venezuela or rip up a nuclear deal and invade Iran? How about all that peacemaking in North Korea and Palestine that's predictably amounted to hot air?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.