Page 189 of 228 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

Lawfare is fantastic. It brings its readers back to earth.

I hate Donald Trump. I believe he's a criminal, a racist, a misogynist and a sexual predator.

But if you told me Trump would use an orphan baby for political damage control after he inspired a racist massacre, I'd have said "c'mon you sound crazy, even HE wouldn't do that."
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

The Last Adult Is Leaving the Room

I wonder how much longer until Bolton will have his way.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

there is no bottom
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

To hear it from Peter Zeihan, Bolton is probably on his way out the door as well. (Longer version of what Gordon just said)

economic wheels are starting to fly off.

might actually convince some folks to vote the other way. maybe. just maybe.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I don't really see the wheels flying off just yet.

dow was down what 700 yesterday?

the wheels are coming off.

It's down 2.8% over 5 days, seems premature to declare the wheels are falling off.

Insider
    Now only up 30.1% since DJT elected (about double historical expectation value). I think we're still overbought, though (https://www.advisorperspectives.com/...on-july-update)

A fun mental exercise: what's someone's political/moral integrity worth?

Means that for the top 2 thirds of boomers (all math rough, assuming causation) at est. retirement savings of 200k the trump election may have paid them a marginal $30k. To me, it's surprisingly little, though 200k feels pretty low to me.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

...less what they would have made otherwise (who knows).