Page 195 of 228 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2276

Thread: OT: Politics

One of my fears is that too many people in congress will only follow party lines and not, in good conscious, choose to side with law, and the benefit of the people, for the people. If congress chooses to side with party lines, then the political machine has grown way to large and needs to be cut down like a cancer to the country.

Interesting times we live in and Trump might be the most famous president yet...

guess what line defined voting to continue the impeachment process or not?

conscience .... republicans have not had one since Eisenhower.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

You forget some of the good of bipartisan work that Johnson did, in not only with the space program but also civil rights...

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    "Optimism is a political act. Those who benefit from the status quo are perfectly happy for us to think nothing is going to get any better. In fact, these days, cynicism is obedience. What*s really radical is being willing to look right at the problems we face and still insist that we can solve them. A stubborn commitment to solving problems and a faith in our ability to do so doesn*t need to be naive.

A healthy skepticism is always warranted; we shouldn*t believe everything we read. But the pervasive cynicism that has infected American culture is self-destructive and plays right into the hands of those who want the status quo to continue a little longer because there*s money to be made."
    I like this quotation. Who said it?

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Wish we could see every machismo asshole who's defended him eat shit in front of Gallagher's fellow SEALs.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
    Welp

https://apnews.com/04b3826147678d061fc7d89462963324

Pentagon says US military has killed Qassem Soleimani, head of Iran's elite Quds Force, at direction of President Trump.
    I don't know, fly casual

remember when reagan doubled down on a the law banning political assassinations of foreign leaders?

ah an era where conservatives at least showed lip-service to following the law (reagan was a racist crook in reality)
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Remember when Trump supporters vehemently insisted they were anti-war and only Trump could save them from warmonger Hillary escalating conflicts in the middle East?

Peppridge Farms remembers.